Comics

Oerwinde

^ :wub:

Considering everything that happened, my friends b-day an all, I should have a hangover right now. Weird. Well, anyway. The scandinavian X-men run just finished with New X-men and Wolverine: The End-side series is just about to end, so we're going to get Astonishing here next, starting with about three issues of Joss Whedon's run. The powers that be decided, thank god, to skip most of the works of that that shall not be named, so we won't get Uncanny here for a while. I'm willing to bet that the side series changes to either Weapon X or Xtreme X-men next.

So, is Whedon any good when it comes to writing comics?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

He lives near to ~Di.

Happy hunting tarna. :ermm:

(w00t) You have no idea just how close I can come knowing that. :(

Whats that saying from the 60s trust no one over 40?

And how old are those same geriatrics, I mean hippies now? :p"

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

He lives near to ~Di.

Happy hunting tarna. :luck:

(w00t) You have no idea just how close I can come knowing that. :shifty:

And how old are those same geriatrics, I mean hippies now? :-"

Yeah, but ~Di wouldn't even tell me her real name much less where she lives.

Even though I could probably walk over to her general area within an hour.

So lonely.

He lives near to ~Di.

Happy hunting tarna. :luck:

(w00t) You have no idea just how close I can come knowing that. :shifty:

And how old are those same geriatrics, I mean hippies now? :-"

Yeah, but ~Di wouldn't even tell me her real name much less where she lives.

Even though I could probably walk over to her general area within an hour.

So lonely.

Ha ha I'm further from you but not by much :-"

Eh... I liked the new avengers comics... I never was one of the old fans (DUDE HAL JORDAN IS TEH ROXXORS type) mainly because when I started to get into comics Superman was killed. thus hal dissapeared. Then I didn't really get into marvel until last year after Scarlet witch went nuts.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I was never a big DC fan, though I liked all of the DC splinter brands. Wildstorm, Vertigo, etc. But the main line of DC heroes never really interested me like the Marvel stuff. X-Men and Spider-Man just had a lot more appeal.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

the main difference between DC and Marvel is that in DC the characters don't really have to deal with real life. In marvel they do.

For example when was the last time that Superman had problems with bills? WHen has Spiderman not had problems with bills?

I remember one of the earlier issues of Nightwing had a few pages dedicated to (d)ick Grayson getting his phone and power hooked up.  And don't forget Major Bummer!!

that was what... a grand total of ONE time in the entire DC world?

Meanwhile you've got Spiderman barly able to support himself and Mary Jane, the fantastic four always looking for somthing to patent to get more cash to maintain their building, and the Avengers are getting paid because they can't hold any other jobs. (the old ones anyway)

Meanwhile Kyle Raynor works as a freelance Artist but usually ends up zipping around in space. Superman is a editor to the daily planet and is also a star reporter who's won the Pulitzer. Wonder Woman is Royalty, Bruce Wayne is Rich, Wally West... I don't know that much about Wally West. J'onn J'nzz (I know I spelled that wrong) is a cop and I don't even know if he eats. The only one who had personal problems was the Atom (Ray Palmer) and for the most part his life has been fixed up in Identity Crisis and He's working as a professor who doesn't need much money because everything he owns could fit in a thimble.

While I agree that Marvel likes to give heros more outright personal obstacles, I don't think it's fair to write DC off as fluff. While their hero ideas didn't start with novel personal problems, they have added them along the way. Especial as Bruce Wayne goes.

I mean, if you really get: Tony Starks is rich, Xavier and the X-men are rich and have a jet, most heros (Parker, Reed, Banner, etc) are either very smart or outright geniuses, Nick Fury has an entire army at his back, Captain American doesn't have all that much in terms of baggage, Dr. Strange......I don't really know.

Hell, I made arrangements and met one of my buddies from my RtCW clan. it was quite an event. We took turns buying rounds of beer. Unfortunately, I'd be more likely to take turns buying rounds of coffee, but that's how it works.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

you could've just deleted both posts? yours and the correctors? you are outright trying to tell people that you are eldar? I mean, i thought since you got your new modship you were going to keep your Eldar alt in the dark to other people?

you could've just deleted both posts? yours and the correctors? you are outright trying to tell people that you are eldar? I mean, i thought since you got your new modship you were going to keep your Eldar alt in the dark to other people?

Eldars been a mod before. He didn't like it, he wouldn't become a mod again (I think)

Dammit! That's what I get for not checking which account I've logged in as. Idiot!

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Eldars been a mod before. He didn't like it, he wouldn't become a mod again (I think)

^Eldar