teh Smallville thread

Kor Qel Droma

I've been overly critical of this show so far this season. With the exception of Lois in a bikini/bathing suit, I haven't really found too much going on that's really interesting.

But tonight's episode was by far my favorite this season ( although Lois wasn't in it :thumbsup: ) what with all the Clark going slightly insane and the Brainiac subplot coming into the foreground.

I wanted to post that I still think that Braniac is Zod and this show confirmed it but the last scene with the transmutation of the rock thing made me think otherwise.

And next weeks episode looks like it's going to surpass this somehow!

217379034small2ag.jpg

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I have never watched one episode of Smallville before, but I am interested in watching...

So my question is...

Is it worth it?

EDIT:Typos  :blink:

Yes and no. But its one of those shows that sucks you in so you can't stop watching no matter how bad it gets. First season starts out decent. Mostly freak-of-the-week stuff, then in the 2nd season they start moving away from that gimmick and start expanding the plot and having ongoing stories. Season 3 is where it really picks up. Season 4 gets a tad wierd, but also very interesting, and the Lana/Clark fight scenes are nice. So far Season 5 is a bit weak, but its getting better.

I've found myself shouting at the screen several times though. Dammit Clark just fracking tell her.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

One way to describe smallville is a mix of dawson's creek and x files, a lot of the time there is too much dawson's creek. The x files thing gets old... fast.

What is good IMO are the action scenes; superman doing superman stuff; uncovering a version of the superman mythos; appearances of DC characters and hot babes.

Even though spike is credited as playing brainiac and he's doing all that T1000 stuff, he did arrive in the same ship as the disciples of zod and the ship had the same "Z" kryptionian insignia taht was tattooed on the female disciple's back.

It might be an amalgamated character. Btw who thought Carrie Fisher looked like the Joker last week?

It might be an amalgamated character. Btw who thought Carrie Fisher looked like the Joker last week?

Don't be too kind, Surrepflatus, she looked more like a worn out leather handbag.

At least she had a better showing than she did last year on Celebrity Blackjack. Ugh.

And as far as I know, Brainiac was a villain from Krypton. I don't think Clark was infected with silver kryptonite. It was actually a piece of Brainiac himself that made him act all loopy, hence him reabsorbing the stuff from the so called 'meteor rock'

I'd heard someone was going to bite the bullet this season but I never thought it would be

Martha?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Due to the different reboots and and stuff Brainiac is either human a kryptonian articificial intelligence or this other alien race (green skin yellow hair)

I figure smallville are going with kryptonian. I predict that somewhere along the line Brainiac will merge with Lex - only because its been done in comic and cartoon.

Was Brainiac that green guy hanging around with those space kids with goofy names like Saturn Girl and Hyperboy? I always abhored Superman and only read the Suneater(?) saga a few years back.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Oh, ok.

Geek points +5

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Since I'm compiling teh geek points, it was Ultra Boy , not Hyperboy.

and I've spent the last three hours reading on how many times DC comics has relaunched and butchered its Legion history. And I thought the X-Men was bad.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

We need a new comic thread. Seriously. And as I am too lazy to make one, that role falls on one of you othe forum primates. Do your worst.

kirottu said:

Neat. Personally I think they should have done a Batman Begins style reboot of the series rather than disregarding Superman 3 and 4 and starting there. The 70s superman movies were good and all, but new school superman is cooler than old school superman, what with Lex Luthor being a billionaire CEO criminal mastermind instead of a wacky evil genius. I was surprised they didn't give him his purple jumpsuit in the 70s movies.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Brainiac is a Mechanical Entity... I don't quite know it's origin but it seems to have come from Krypton.

General Zod is from the 80's, the supergirl that we know in the "main" DC universe is from here as well. They are both from a pocket universe where Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is a beneficial man who bestowed great power on that universes Lana Lang. Lana becomes supergirl. I'll get into her later...

Back to Zod. Zod is one of three Kryptonian criminals that were ruining Supergirls pocket universe. The "real" Superman from the 80's shows up and promptly beats the crap out of all three over a long story arc. He also rescues the Supergirl and gives her to his parents. Anyway, Superman didn't know how to deal with Zod and his two cronies. He had removed their powers with a odd colored kryptonite, and thus they were as powerful as simple humans. From here superman thought he had only three choices... imprison them and worry about them getting their powers back on his earth which probably would kill him. Kill them. (I forget the third one.) He chose to kill them, the deaths he caused slowly started to unbalance him which was only exacerbated by an alien who cut out peoples brains and joined them in a psychic bond. I won't go into that right now. let's just say it looked like he killed a 237 of them. This caused him to go a little over the edge of sanity and he created a version of gangbuster (the real one was in the hospital) that was ruthless and very very painful... Imagine a batman with no problem killing/hurting people.. you got it? that's the gangbuster personality. So in '88/'89 or so Superman went into exile where he picked up the eradicator and he first met Mongul who destroyed Coast City which caused Hal Jordan to go insane and kill the Green Lantern Corp.

Do you really want to hear about super girl now...

I'm such a geek

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Brainiac is a Mechanical Entity... I don't quite know it's origin but it seems to have come from Krypton.

General Zod is from the 80's, the supergirl that we know in the "main" DC universe is from here as well. They are both from a pocket universe where Superman is dead, Lex Luthor is a beneficial man who bestowed great power on that universes Lana Lang. Lana becomes supergirl. I'll get into her later...

Back to Zod. Zod is one of three Kryptonian criminals that were ruining Supergirls pocket universe. The "real" Superman from the 80's shows up and promptly beats the crap out of all three over a long story arc. He also rescues the Supergirl and gives her to his parents. Anyway, Superman didn't know how to deal with Zod and his two cronies. He had removed their powers with a odd colored kryptonite, and thus they were as powerful as simple humans. From here superman thought he had only three choices... imprison them and worry about them getting their powers back on his earth which probably would kill him. Kill them. (I forget the third one.) He chose to kill them, the deaths he caused slowly started to unbalance him which was only exacerbated by an alien who cut out peoples brains and joined them in a psychic bond. I won't go into that right now. let's just say it looked like he killed a 237 of them. This caused him to go a little over the edge of sanity and he created a version of gangbuster (the real one was in the hospital) that was ruthless and very very painful... Imagine a batman with no problem killing/hurting people.. you got it? that's the gangbuster personality. So in '88/'89 or so Superman went into exile where he picked up the eradicator and he first met Mongul who destroyed Coast City which caused Hal Jordan to go insane and kill the Green Lantern Corp.

Do you really want to hear about super girl now...

I'm such a geek

Actually, my first appearance was in Adventure Comics #283 from 1961. Now foolish mortal. KNEEL BEFORE ZOD.

eh... before the 80's we gotta discount continuity. Yes he did appear there first but so did the Lex Luthor with the Purple Jumpsuit and Pink Rocket boots. That General Zod was stuck in the Phantom Zone anyway. Thus the Incarnation that appeared during the 80's was considered brand new (I think I haven't read that story line... it came out before I was born)

Isn't that just in the animated series? Its the best origin for him, but I'm pretty sure they made it up for the animated series. The Batman and Superman animated series' added a crapload to the comic continuity. Without the Batman animated series we wouldn't have Harley Quinn or Nightwing, and I'm pretty sure the Tim Drake Robin came about because they made **** Grayson into Nightwing.

Okie doke... just looked it up. Brainiac wasn't a robot until later. He was a crazy alien scientist named Vril Drox who inhabited the body of Milton Fine. Milton Fine was killed and Vril Drox's conciousness was transported to a robot body. At least thats the post crisis version.

Devastatorsig.jpg

No... Nightwing has always been nightwing... he didn't need the help of the Animated series to change rolls. Harley was the convert from the animated series though. The Eradicator is my favorite entity in Superman anyway.

Its all very confusing - pre crisis, post crisis and now this infinite crisis thing. Bleh, i'll stick with the animated version, kind of like a super evil eradicator.

I still think the smallville charcter is an amalgam, Zod and Brainiac - Zodiac!! (w00t) ... :lol: maybe not.

Jor-El (smallville) in the beginning was like The Eradicator especiialy when he possessed clark.

Edited by Surreptishus

Its all very confusing - pre crisis, post crisis and now this infinite crisis thing. Bleh, i'll stick with the animated version, kind of like a super evil eradicator.

I still think the smallville charcter is an amalgam, Zod and Brainiac - Zodiac!! (w00t) ... :lol: maybe not.

Jor-El (smallville) in the beginning was like The Eradicator especiialy when he possessed clark.

I thought it was interesting that they got Zod to play the voice of Jor-El.

Devastatorsig.jpg

yeah that was cool, as well as lana playing martha and superman playing a billionaire scientist and lois playing teh billionaire scientist's assistant.

They need to get Richard Pryor to do a cameo.

Maybe a computer science teacher at Met U. :lol:

Devastatorsig.jpg

Freudian slip Calax , or just wishful thinking ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]