What are you playing now?

Darque

*looks at website he's on, thinks about how Diamond would've had to read through a lot of stuff, taking a few minutes just for participating in this thread*

Ha, irony.

Skim reading helps, if that's what you mean. :-

Also, I frequently have to wait for my computer to finish some task which takes too little time to play the game meanwhile, too long to just wait, and just enough to read through a couple of threads. :x

*looks at website he's on, thinks about how Diamond would've had to read through a lot of stuff, taking a few minutes just for participating in this thread*

Ha, irony.

Skim reading helps, if that's what you mean. :)

Also, I frequently have to wait for my computer to finish some task which takes too little time to play the game meanwhile, too long to just wait, and just enough to read through a couple of threads. :)

My name is Diamond, and I am a TOMBSaholic.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Black for Playstation 2, but it seems I'm getting the Xbox version too for some reason (I don't own an Xbox).

Sounds like it could be worth a look.

I'm playing Suikoden Tactics, which I'd recomend to any PS2 owner who feels gyped at not being able to play Fire Emblem. But I'm not really in a strategy sort of mood at the moment.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

One noteworthy thing about Black: I'm on level six and supposedly the game only contains eight levels all in all. It has taken me somewhere around six to seven hours to reach where I am now, so my estimate is that the game will be over within ten hours.

It's been one hell of a ride so far though. BOOM!!!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

One noteworthy thing about Black: I'm on level six and supposedly the game only contains eight levels all in all. It has taken me somewhere around six to seven hours to reach where I am now, so my estimate is that the game will be over within ten hours.

Sounds about typical for that sort of game.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Sounds about typical for that sort of game.

Heavy on looks, lite on substance. How can they justify a 60$ price tag on a 6-8 hour game? T'was the same with King Kong.

What a rip-off. Thats why I play almost exclusively RPGs. I usually get my money's worth.

I love Lego Star Wars, it's just so freaking cutesy that it's good.

Halo 2, Lego Star Wars run nightly in the Living Room.

In the Bedroom, my wife runs Dynasty Warriors 5 nightly.

Here in the office, I run both KOTOR II xbox, and KOTOR II PC.

Did I mention I have a lot of xboxes?

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

Heavy on looks, lite on substance. How can they justify a 60$ price tag on a 6-8 hour game? T'was the same with King Kong.

What a rip-off. Thats why I play almost exclusively RPGs. I usually get my money's worth.

Dunno , thats why I mostly rent that kind of stuff.

RPGs are about the best value for money although strategy games are up there too.

478327[/snapback]

5 years ago games were longer. Demos were 5-6 hours.

Depends on the game really. Games seemed longer because they were less concerned about keeping the player happy.

The first Dark Forces game you could only save between levels. Not only did this make the game last longer , but it also made you better at the game since you couldnt just save and then luck your way through and then save again.

I dont think the games have become easier gameplay wise. But the save anywhere or even frequent savepoints makes them a start to finish thing with little need for time over to fail.

478327[/snapback]