paris riots

Walsingham

Ah, the forums are a good place to laugh, today. :thumbsup:

I'm not proud of myself, but I was wondering if the problems in the immigrant communities in France and the UK are caused by having too many new faces crammed in too quickly. There is a practical and unavoidable 'terminal velocity' of integration. There is no magic wand to create new well-paid jobs. There is no magic wand to make some Maghrebi fit in like a three of four generation Parisienne.

Hell, in the UK I read on the Beeb that the rioting was caused by tension between Afro-Carribean immigrants from teh 50s and Pakistani immigrants from the 70s and 80s.

I welcome immigrants for throwing in interesting bits to the mix of our culture. I remark on all this because I don't think anyone wants burning housing estates. Maybe the solution is to relax, but equally maybe the solution is to tighten control.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is only alightly riot-related but Ive always wondered why people always stick like flies to accidents/crimescenes in the third world. Whenever you see a bombed car or helicopter wreck, the crowds are always friggin standing and jumping on it. There was a carbomb in X the other day and I swear there were atleast 10people jumping on the wreck as it lay upside down. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I agree that you do get mafias and gangs springing up when the a community feel isolated. But i don't think this is entirely the fault of British coppers. First gen immigrants often come from backgrounds where cops do not deserve either respect or cooperation.

If that isn't the case, how DO the cops get involved with the local community?

Kaftan, in my opinion the locals act up for the cameras. Just like they gather round western film crews and burn flags. A mix of fervour, high spirits, and boredom. If you live in an Afghan hill village or wherever it really isn't that exciting. I know if a jet came down on the farm I grew up on I'd have been out there picking it over for cool shiny things.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I agree that you do get mafias and gangs springing up when the a community feel isolated. But i don't think this is entirely the fault of British coppers. First gen immigrants often come from backgrounds where cops do not deserve either respect or cooperation.

Didnt mean to imply that its the cops' fault. Disrespect for authority transcends all cultures/nationalities many english people do it e.g. chavs.

If the disrespect stems from distrust then that has to be tackled. Of course it doesnt help when documentaries of racist police cadets make national headlines.

For too long immigration was allowed without stressing the need for integration. Only now do we have a ceremony and test.

I've known of two riots in Vancouver. When we lost the Stanley Cup finals, and when Axl Rose didn't show up for the Guns and Roses concert.

Strange, I could've sworn the Axl Rose riot was in Montreal.

Oh well. Shows how much attention I paid to the news back then...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Those who are rioting in Paris are nothing but uncivilised uneducated unemployed primitive thougs, immigrants and criminals whom the death of those two teenagers were nothing but an excuse to destroy, demolish and devastate as they obviously don't have anything smarter to do.

A large number of them who are French should be identified by the authorities, put in jail for 20 years or so, the immigrants who are rioting should also be identified and them and their families deported back to the they came from and you would see how the immigrents would suddenly play 'nice'.....if that doesn't work bring in the army and give the the good old live ammo treat :)

Edited by Fionavar

Where's our freakin guns 'n'roses eh?

Yes, we all speak that way. We also live in igloos and ride dogsleds to work downtown Toronto.

*breaks into song*

Oh, I'm a lumberjack and I'm okaaaayyyy...

I sleep all night and I work all daaaaayyy...

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

Those who are rioting in Paris are nothing but uncivilised uneducated unemployed primitive thougs, immigrants and criminals whom the death of those two teenagers were nothing but an excuse to destroy, demolish and devastate as they obviously don't have anything smarter to do.

A large number of them who are French should be identified by the authorities, put in jail for 20 years or so, the immigrants who are rioting should also be identified and them and their families deported back to the they came from and you would see how the immigrents would suddenly play 'nice'.....if that doesn't work bring in the army and give the  the good old live ammo treat :thumbsup:

Are you Dubya's id or something?

Edited by Fionavar

A large number of them who are French should be identified by the authorities, put in jail for 20 years or so, the immigrants who are rioting should also be identified and them and their families deported back to the they came from and you would see how the immigrents would suddenly play 'nice'.....if that doesn't work bring in the army and give the  the good old live ammo treat :thumbsup:

Are you Dubya's id or something?

Elaborate :)

Edited by Fionavar

A large number of them who are French should be identified by the authorities, put in jail for 20 years or so, the immigrants who are rioting should also be identified and them and their families deported back to the sh*thold they came from and you would see how the immigrents would suddenly play 'nice'.....if that doesn't work bring in the army and give the motherfu*kers the good old live ammo treat :*

I'm not quite ready to crack out all this advanced modding hardware yet (I'm pretty sure that thing in the styrofoam is a Grail SAM), so I'll just say that you might want to re-phrase that to sound like less of a crazed man-ape. I think the point is roughly valid tho, if what you are saying is simply that 'You break the law you get sent down. No excuses. French or immigrant.'

What I don't agree with is the notion of calling in the Army. Have a quick look at England's experience in Northern Ireland. The Army aren't best for dealing with civil disturbances. In any case, the French riot police are a dedicated sub-division, specially selected and trained. They almost certainly have a better chance of tackling stuff.

-Elwood Blues