Nuns in kotor?

Well i'm not sure where something like this belongs, but since its discussuing the game (kinda) i thought i'd post it here.

Well i was poking around in kotor tool, and i stumbled upon a wierd picture...

I give you, the nun.

nun2bt.gif

Now i'm not sure if anyone has found this and posted it before, i've certainly never heard of it, but i couldnt really search for it since the forum search doesnt allow 3 letter words. Closest i found was a discussion on nun-chukas in kotor...

Anyways, i just thought it was a little... wierd, not what i expected to find when poking around the files.

If you wish to discover the nun for yourself, proceed to open your copy of KOTOR tool, go to KOTOR2 and go...

KOTORII > ERF's > TexturePacks > swpc_tex_tpa.erf > N > nun.tga

KotOR III: The True Sith

You can just imagine it now can't you. The Nuns attack the republic using their wimples as lightsabers and have managed to storm Corascant, only you and your party remain free citizens, you must find Revan and the Exile to stop the terrible threat from beyond the outer rim. Ooo I can imagine the interviews with developers etc.

So it was a bit of a shock when you announced that the true sith were in fact going to be nuns from the 1940s

Random Dev #2: Indeed but we thought it would add an extra effect to the game.

What effect?

Random Dev #2: Erm ... randomness and also a couple of complaints from the Catholic church.

Whoever makes K3 (If it is made) must inculde the evil Nuns, and their mother superior Darth *Insert cool name here with origins in Latin Greek Chinese Japanese anything else and a bit of imagination and then press the button on the blender to see what comes out*

StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

^You fail at humor.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We are not amused to quote Queen Victoria. :huh:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Ahh well I'm not really a funny guy that is why I write books that are serious and have ridiculously complex plots which publishers say will get very nice critical acclaim but wont appeal to the mass market so goodbye. Oh the woes of my life :)

And I will now procede to recite Caesar, "With peace established on these terms, three days after we arrived in Britain, the eighteen ships (about which mention has been made before) set sail from a more northerly port on a gentle wind." A word to the wise, never translate Caesar's war account : Bellum Gallicum. He is an obsequious fool who thought it would make him look good to write in the third person and blame everything on the Barbarians or the moon being a fool one, "That smae night it happened that there was a full moon, the day which usually produced high sea tides in the ocean."

Edited by Pavlos
StarWarsKnights.com -- Do not invent details which are not in the play

:)
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Alas, it seems the secrets of the nun will forever remain forgotton. Nobody in that thread could shed light on her either. I fear she will forever remain a cipher. A cipher wrapped in an enigma smothered in secret sauce.

Ah well, that ends my fun for today then :)

Baldur's Gate had some hidden gems also. Have to love the devs and their sense of humor.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It looks like an easter egg indeed. Yet the question remains, why specifically a nun? Is there a closet wimple-fetishist at Obsidian? What impact will this have on NWN2 and PNJ? Is there a connection with Michael Chu's sudden resignation?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)