Alternate Accounts?

Cantousent

What do you think of Alt Accounts?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Alt Accounts?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Maybe...
    • I AM AN ALT!

I have an alt. Hell, I have two, but only one alt that posts. Rather than continue to derail the geeky/evil thread, I'll simply make a new thread. What do you think and why?

If someone doesn't abuse his alternate account, why is it such a bad thing? If someone misbehaves, won't that become apparent very quickly?

Why would you have an alternate account, for those of you who say yes?

The fact is, alt accounts are a controversial subject on message boards.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Some of the Alts are funny. I don't have one, nor do I plan on getting one. I can see how a person might want to break out of their mold/personality and post as another member. Leonard J. Crabs still makes me giggle.

All I know is Commisar likes to talk war stuff and Endar will talk about anything . Whats so bad about that. Now when we find Jodos' alt, however...

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

It would be funny if there was only 2 people posting, just with many alts and neither knew it :)

And the two people would have to be slightly crazy

I'm pretty sure, on these forums, thats not a problem.

Seriously, Alt accounts are dumb, I like to know who I'm talking to.

Alt accounts are to a forum with not enough to talk about what genetic defects are to inbreeding.

And what makes you think you know one of the alts, but not the other..?

In reality, you don't know who you're talking to, no matter what name the person takes on a message board on the internet, alt or not.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Hahaha. I think I might have actually gotten myself it trouble on this one. Fionavar is here! Okay, so I create a thread and it's locked. I won't cry. Much. I hope I beat the lockdown! :D

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

And what makes you think you know one of the alts, but not the other..?

In reality, you don't know who you're talking to, no matter what name the person takes on a message board on the internet, alt or not.

What?

I like to have one account per IP. You know who (not in the specific sense) your dealing with

alt accounts are acting

Edited by kumquatq3

Okay, that's not true in my case, Kumquat. I don't change my style one bit between my two accounts. I have a specific reason for the two accounts.

Obsidian Plays

Alternate accounts are for cowards. It's a way to troll, and not take responsible for it. It's to cause trouble, and say it wans't me; it was that guy.

I say if you are gonna be a jerk like me at least be upfront about it.

Stop pretending.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Alternate accounts are for cowards. It's a way to troll, and not take responsible for it. It's to cause trouble, and say it wans't me; it was that guy.

I say if you are gonna be a jerk like me at least be upfront about it.

Stop pretending.

This is my jerk account, jack-ass. ...And it's not like you don't have enough folks leveling the dreaded troll charge at you, Vol. Of course, maybe your someone's alt account. I've always suspected you and visc were the same person. :)

Obsidian Plays