Combat

Well....when it's the combat time.....i don't know what's going on, but it always says ''Miss'' all the time when it's the time for a combat...and that's make me angry

It says the same thing even when i need to kill the Jedi Masters

So what's going on?

Edited by LordRevan

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

Do you know how D20 works?

Your enemies have a Defense. Your own character has an Attack Bonus (as seen beneath the weapon in your inventory).

Now when in combat a *dice* is rolled with 1-20. This is then added to the attack bonus. Only when due to a good roll your attack is higher than the enemies defense do you hit...

You might wan't to check out the Feedback page's (link is in the Quest Tab) combat section to see why you keep missing things...

Um...just to tell you..i have the Xbox version not the PC...so that's probably the same thing

EDIT:....Ok...i see it now....wow i didn't know that

Thanks BattleWookie for the help :blink:

Edited by LordRevan

I must say this is special..i didn't know that was working in that way

Thanks BattleWookie for your help :blink:

It's like if you were playing a Dice Game

Edited by LordRevan

Haven't you played KOTOR I?  It's the exact same thing.  :huh:

Yeah! i have played kotor 1...but it was rare that i was missing my shot when it was the time for a combat

When i first played KOTOR i was totally bewildered by the combat system. I didn't know how to work it. I know how to use it now (obviously) but i still don't really understand it.

I still don't get it. I've never tried to understand it, I just play and hope everything works out.

Wait...

What is there not to understand?

It's as easy as rolling a dice with 1-20 and then stack every bonus upon that.

Except for Critical Hits and Critical Misses.

A Critical Miss is a roll of 1

A Critical Hit is a roll of 20 (some weapons even give crits at lower roll, see weapon info), then another roll. If that other roll ALSO hits (no need for crit, but it has to be a hit) it's a Critical Hit, given 2x damage (some weapons also give bonusses to this...)

In terms of the critical threat range of lightsabers, double-bladed lightsabers have a 20-20 range. Single lightsabers have a critical threat range of 19-20. So, wider range means it is easier to score critical hits. If you put a Velmorite/Nextor crystal in a single lightsaber, critical range becomes 17-20 (doubled) and in a double-bladed lightsaber, critical range would become 19-20 (doubled). So, you might prefer to use either two single lightsabers or melee weapons (depends on your style of playing). Only thing is getting more crystals for two single lightsabers than a double-bladed lightsaber. (Just in case you are thinking about having a Nextor and a Velmorite crystal together in the same lightsaber to get twice the effect of extending the range, the net result is still an effect from only one of either crystals so not much point in trying)

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Haven't you played KOTOR I?  It's the exact same thing.  :blink:

Yeah! i have played kotor 1...but it was rare that i was missing my shot when it was the time for a combat

Then either a)your character was terrible in TSL or b)you just had worse "luck" when it came to dice rolling.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Start using upgrades to your weapons that increase your "To Hit" chances. Even at the early phases of the game, you should still be able to find some moderately good crystals, such as the Damind, that will improve your chances.

You can also use better fencing emitters in your saber, etc.

Single lightsabers have a critical threat range of 19-20. So, wider range means it is easier to score critical hits.

Damn, i never knew that! i always assumed the higher numbers were better lol.

My knowlege of a d20 system is kinda lacking, i always misinterpret things.

And for kotor1, i never bothered learning d20 or what not, i just clicked the little attack button and things died. KOTOR1 was a much simpler beast ;)

Or you can also get the same effect by using Master Critical Strike (also critical range of 17-20 at master level) and reserve your lightsaber crystals and emitters, lens and cell that add to damage.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

KOTOR1 was a much simpler beast  :thumbsup:

Seriously? :)

If anything, K1 was more difficult (relatively speaking of course. both were quite easy).

I thought kotor1 was much simpler!

You had simple weapons for the mostpart, upgrades were limited to "upgrade 1, upgrade 2, upgrade 3" and such. Now i'm not saying this is better, i'm just saying it seemed simpler. and kotor2 seems to have more character specific boosts, evertything and anything you can equip seems to give off some sort of bonus which makes figuring things out difficult at times.

In kotor1 you did not have Lightsabers of Mass Destruction, 1 BAB per lvl, or +8 Str. objects. Nor Special Crystals giving major bonusses.

It also didn't have 50 lvl's where you would get more skills and feats then you ever need.

I mean, in Kotor1 you could pick Force Lightning in the end, and then only in your last 2 lvls.

Mainly meaning you could only use it on your last planet and the ends (Unknown Planet, Star Forge)

In kotor2 you can pick it pretty soon and waste everybody with it in half the game...

I mean, in Kotor1 you could pick Force Lightning in the end, and then only in your last 2 lvls.

In kotor2 you can pick it pretty soon and waste everybody with it in half the game...

Yeah, I've said before that I was dissappointed that I never got to use my lightsaber... it was rendered useless by force lightning, along with the other characters in my party. :p

In kotor1 you did not have Lightsabers of Mass Destruction, 1 BAB per lvl, or +8 Str. objects. Nor Special Crystals giving major bonusses.

You're joking right? You don't call those two special crystals (Heart of the Guardian and Mantle of the Force or whatever) "lightsabers of mass destruction"? Those two gave bonuses and upgrades to the lightsaber that pretty much none of the K2 crystals did.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)