Kreia on Telos

There is actually a cutscene that plays between Atris and the Handmaidens whereby one of the Handmaidens mentions that you left with your four companions and Atris is non-plussed. They have to explain to her that with Atton, Bao-Dur and T3 there was an old woman. Atris' line is something along the lines of "sometimes I feel it is all falling apart.." :wub:

I'm not sure if you need the TSL/RP's Telos Fuel Quest fix to get this scene, as it seems to play when you return to Telos after resolving it.

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

It makes sense that if Darth Sidious couldn't be detected by the jedi council in episode 1-3, then Atris wouldn't notice a similar sith lord such as Kreia

It makes sense that Atris couldn't sense Kreia, but the fact that Vroom or Kaviar can't even see her doesn't. It's stupid, bad, and more stupid. And bad.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

It makes sense that if Darth Sidious couldn't be detected by the jedi council in episode 1-3, then Atris wouldn't notice a similar sith lord such as Kreia

It makes sense that Atris couldn't sense Kreia, but the fact that Vroom or Kaviar can't even see her doesn't. It's stupid, bad, and more stupid. And bad.

No. That's controversial. Atris' holocrons frying your ass after you kill her - now THAT'S stupid.

Yeah, but EU states that ancient Jedi were supposed to be smarter than prequel idiots.
I don't know...I got the impression Atris wasn't the brightest bulb in the bunch..... :)"

Atris was a fart in the wind compared to Yoda. Then again, that is only opinion.

It makes sense that Atris couldn't sense Kreia, but the fact that Vroom or Kaviar can't even see her doesn't.

It is my belief that they could see her and knew she was there. However, I think she was able to use the Force to cloud their memories and judgment to the point that they did not know who she was, and also could not sense that she could use the Force(as indicated above). In their clouded opinion, she was just some weazy old woman running around behind you...until, at last, she allowed their minds to remember, and...

**BOOM**

"Is this your master now, Exile!?"

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

There's no stopping you from bringing Kreia to the kinrath cave where Vrook is held prisoner either, yet he is very baffled to see her in the enclave later on. To me this is just another silly oversight on behalf of the development team, even though you could explain it with some farfetched Force bollocks.

Oh yes, far fetched in deed like casting lightning from one's hands or choking someone from across the room. :)

Those things you mention are established actions within the boundaries of what the Force is reckoned to be. And, most importantly, Dark Jedi can't just go up and Force Lightning or choke a Jedi Master anyway. Kreia can go invisible and kill them with a wave of her hand. How people can defend that as good, sensible writing is beyond me and only comes across as desperate fanboism. I'll never join you!

Or it could be a form of telepathy, in controlling one's thoughts and how he or she percieves the world as it is shown in the movie The Shadow. For godsakes man, its the Force. The Force is magic in Star Wars and magic can do anything you goddamn want it to do if you have enough power behind it.

Edited by Hades_One

Yeah, or it could just be bad writing. Remember, this is a game, people! The devs no doubt wanted to have Kreia's revelation a secret until the end, but didn't bother to write around to explain how Kreia couldn't be seen when she was standing right in front of them. It's no different from Bastila being able to walk around Taris without being seen by the Sith. Or would you say she was making herself invisible, too? :)

Edited by Mothman

So the Force is now Magic? According to Obsidian it's ****ing obvious that you can do that using the Force. According to most people who play the game looking for a story within the boundaries of plausible expectation, it is unfortunate that Obsidian felt this way. Am I clear?

THEY DID EXPLAIN IT!  :huh:

It was quite obvious or are you so blind in your own point of view that you cannot see it.

They explained it with a half-ass, mediocre explanation, that's how. The SW setting has shown that the force can mask someone's presence to avoid detection, but not make them outright invisible. Obsidian made it up, in other words. :)

Edited by Mothman

" The SW setting has shown that the force can mask someone's presence to avoid detection, but not make them outright invisible."

While I'm no expert on your precious SW setting, I do believe that it hasn't made statements against or for the latter.

"Obsidian made it up, in other words."

Captain Obvious to the rescue! Oh em gee, I just realized: BioWare MADE UP Starforge! Rakatans! OH NOES, MY MIND IS OVERFLOODINAAAAARGHHH!

Since when has making things up been a bad thing?

Edited by Sarjahurmaaja.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

" The SW setting has shown that the force can mask someone's presence to avoid detection, but not make them outright invisible."

While I'm no expert on your precious SW setting, I do believe that it hasn't made statements against or for the latter.

"Obsidian made it up, in other words."

Captain Obvious to the rescue! Oh em gee, I just realized: BioWare MADE UP Starforge! Rakatans! OH NOES, MY MIND IS OVERFLOODINAAAAARGHHH!

Since when has making things up been a bad thing?

Listen smartass, the reason I mentioned Kreia and not the Star Forge is becuase what Kreia did contradicts the rest of the game. She could somehow avoid being detected by the Jedi Masters, but nowhere else. It was just a cover up by Obsidian to explain a fallacy in their writing. :) It's okay to make stuff up, but not when it creates holes in the storyline.

Edited by Mothman

"She could somehow avoid being detected by the Jedi Masters, but nowhere else."

In what situations you think Kreia should've avoided detection if she could've? Combat notwithstanding, I can't think of even one.

And, hey, Kreia even had a feat (I think) that allowed her to go to Stealth mode even without one of those, uh, stealth thingies.

"I meant Fantasy as in sort of Fantasy

Edited by Sarjahurmaaja.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

And, hey, Kreia even had a feat (I think) that allowed her to go to Stealth mode even without one of those, uh, stealth thingies.

By that logic you'd have to physically activate that feat for those particular scenes. It is completely beyond me how people can stick to Obsidian so tenaciously on this issue, but I guess some people buy things easier.