Kreia on Telos

"So please explain how Kreia in one scene is too weak to stand up to Sion alone and then has the power to kill three Jedi Masters at once?"

Because Malachor V makes you either a Sith or dead.  Some would say Sion qualifies for both.

But he could still feel the force. He could still use it. Why couldn't Kreia use it on him?

Edited by Mothman

call it divine insperation but why does everyone in starwars loose their hands? Vader, Luke and now Kreia...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

And if you can say it's perfectly alright for Kreia to be able to do this, why not just go out and say it's okay for Bastila to do it on Taris as well?

Because it's obvious that not all Force-sensatives have this ability. Vergere, Palpatine, and Kreia are the only ones known to possess the power.

And I'll ask again: why does Kreia not seem to be able to use this ability to defend herself any other time? :thumbsup:

A better question would be, "Why didn't Nihilus go ahead and drain Kreia of all life when he had the chance, instead of just deadening her to her powers at Malachor V?" But we all make mistakes, don't we?

But to answer your question, she wasn't doing this to defend herself. She did do it onboard the Harbinger against Sion because she was not yet ready to face him so soon, but eventually she was once again more than capable to deal with the Jedi Masters. She only used this ability to keep her identity a secret until the time was right. Had the Jedi Masters figured it out earlier than she wanted, then they would have made the exile aware of this. Remember,

"If she is to be revealed before the time is right, then all of this would have been for nothing." -- Kreia (or something to that effect.)

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Kreia could kick Sion's butt anytime she wanted - it's just an old granny like her had to find some way to make the Exile allow her to join with him and found a way to show that their force bond was lethal but really wasn't. She didn't care for the hand cuz she knew that she'd die by the end of the Exile's training anyway.

Kreia could kick Sion's butt anytime she wanted - it's just an old granny like her had to find some way to make the Exile allow her to join with him and found a way to show that their force bond was lethal but really wasn't. She didn't care for the hand cuz she knew that she'd die by the end of the Exile's training anyway.

So now she already saw she was going to loose *jsut* a hand.

What if Sion went and cut her in 2?

Ah well, luck is Force-Powered, right?

So now she already saw she was going to loose *jsut* a hand.

What if Sion went and cut her in 2?

Ah well, luck is Force-Powered, right?

Yeah, you know - it's that whole "I have foreseen it all" thing. Makes me nervous... :D

Oh and don't get me wrong. I reeeeeally so much didn't like the whole 'Kreia's mass manipulation and foreseeing everything' thing but I'm just trying to find a normal explanation to every power variation in a single character (for example why the Exile was so weak yet so powerful and smart yet so dumb).

And if you want to argue that she would not have been able to drain of the Force because they were Jedi Masters, then I urge you to ask her to show you her past. A line in her story is this... "There a techniques within the Force against which there is no defense." And I also urge you to recount the happenings of Ulic Qel-Droma.

Well, we can argue probability all day, but what it comes down to is that it just doesn't work out for me on an entertainment level. I don't go "Wow" when she reveals her power; I go "Oh please". That, as you can gather, is not a plug for Obsidian.

This whole argument, however, revolves around the very plausibility of Kreia's being able to stay invisible, literally or not, to the Jedi Masters.

Kreia was not physically invisible...unless you did activate the Stealth feat. Here very good reasons to support some of the many things I (and many others) have already said..

1: The Jedi Council had believed Kreia to be dead. (It is suspected that she is Arren Kae; which is very possible.)

2: Her appearance has changed much since she was last a Jedi Master. (One of Atton's first few lines upon the Ebon Hawk were purposfully added to give us this clue.)

3: The worlds on which your quests lie in K2 are those either touched by war or drowned in life, which prevents you from detecting other Force-sensative. ("It makes detecting other Force users difficult." -- Zez-Kai Ell, "If there are any here I cannot sense them." -- Vrook, "Old woman?" -- Atris)

I'm not really saying that you can't fill in the holes in the plot with a little imagination or even perfectly legitimate evidence (I haven't played this game in about four months or so for starters), but again all I'm saying is I don't like it, it's not for me. It's a shame because I like the game and I like the story. There are, however, certain aspects of this game where I feel that Obsidian crossed the line for what makes sense or what comes across as balanced in the story.

Keep in mind that Atris never did see Kreia. Kreia was locked away in the containment cell while Atris barely went so far as to leave her Meditation Chamber but for a few feet. Reguardless, she never detected Kreia's presence in the Force. But as soon as the Handmaidens told her this, she came to full realization who Kreia was, and that she indeed was there and that the exile was fitting into her plan perfectly.

Entirely true and never disputed by me.:o

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Entirely true and never disputed by me. :)

Now we're getting somewhere! :)

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

As a fellow I have yet to play as female and thusly cannot relate to any Disciple mumbo-jumbo.

Be thankfull for that choice.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester