New Bioware game announced for Xbox 360

Epiphany

I take it you've played it?

The land mass is bigger,but with less factions,skills and wepon types.

How can you prove that Oblivion has a lot more content than Morrowind?

Are we supposed to believe all the hype?

Sorry, usually when the developers talk about there being more content than the previous game, one generally assumes there is MORE CONTENT.

But yeah, it's all evil hype by the Bethesda developers to trick everyone into thinking that Oblivion has more to do than Morrowind. Afterall, why would we think they were honest when they said they've listened to their fans and have created more content in the explorable areas than in Morrowind?

Yeah, so uh, all games suck in development, all developers lie, all message boards on developer websites need to be closed, all posting by developers and their fans alike should be stopped because everything is hype, nobody informs their fanbase as to what's going on with their games anymore.

Interviews should be axed, since they contain no factual information, just a bunch of random quotes to hype their game, when in fact, everything they say is the exact opposite from the truth.

From your astute observations of hype/information, we can only assume that Oblivion will be a large explorable landmass, with 2 dungeons, 12 NPC's (all text dialog with randomly alternating languages for each word), 1 wepon, 1 suit of armor, and 1 goal, to walk 10 steps forward and touch the "YOU WIN!" sign.

Edited by Epiphany

I take it you've played it?

The land mass is bigger,but with less factions,skills and wepon types.

How can you prove that Oblivion has a lot more content than Morrowind?

Are we supposed to believe all the hype?

Sorry, usually when the developers talk about there being more content than the previous game, one generally assumes there is MORE CONTENT.

But yeah, it's all evil hype by the Bethesda developers to trick everyone into thinking that Oblivion has more to do than Morrowind. Afterall, why would we think they were honest when they said they've listened to their fans and have created more content in the explorable areas than in Morrowind?

Yeah, so uh, all games suck in development, all developers lie, all message boards on developer websites need to be closed, all posting by developers and their fans alike should be stopped because everything is hype, nobody informs their fanbase as to what's going on with their games anymore.

Interviews should be axed, since they contain no factual information, just a bunch of random quotes to hype their game, when in fact, everything they say is the exact opposite from the truth.

From your astute observations of hype/information, we can only assume that Oblivion will be a large explorable landmass, with 2 dungeons, 12 NPC's (all text dialog with randomly alternating languages for each word), 1 wepon, 1 suit of armor, and 1 goal, to walk 10 steps forward and touch the "YOU WIN!" sign.

Bethesda said much the same when they were working on Morrowind. Gone were the random dungeons, yet the constructed dungeons managed to be equally bland. The NPCs were supposed to be more engaging, but again turned out to be rather generic. Morrowind was big, but Morrowind was also empty. Oblivion may well be bigger and have more content. But overall that will lead to it being equally empty.

If walking around empty wilderness for 3 or 4 hours just to get to a town that isnt connected via a gate is your idea of fun, well you will probably be happy with it.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Hyperbole, oh how we love thee. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Congratulations then,you have pawnz0red me.

Oh wait,you have yet to prove that there really is more content.

Let's see what they've axed:

-Nine Divines playable faction

-Mark and recall spells

-Skills have been merged

-About 1000 less NPCs(let's hope they'll be as complex as the developers hype them)->MW ghosts towns all over again?

-Crossbows(one of the devs even said that range combat in games is all about the bows!!1)

Who knows what else.

oh and :

oblivion_in_bronx.jpg

^That sort of capsulates the being of Epiphany. Our very own billy-box fanboiii.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Morrowind was not empty. There were cliff racers everywhere.

Were those the freaky little bird type things ? I dont recall having to fight one after leveling up a bit , they just become like any other object.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, they were the bread and butter of MW if you traveled by foot.

kirottu said:

-Mark and recall spells

Oh joy they removed the only thing that made the game even remotely bearable.

Did you watch the video? They have added a BG-like world map which you can use to teleport instantly.

kirottu said:

Yeah, because arguing the fact that Oblivion will have more content than Morrowind is one of the main attributes of being a "billy-box fanboiii".

As usual you missed the point while religiously swallowing...

Allow me to explain.

If we see morrowind as a 10*10 room then its going to look empty if you only put a chair in one corner.

If we see Oblivion as a 20*20 room then your going to need two chairs to have a comparable level of emptiness. With only one chair it looks even more empty than the 10*10.

So just because bethesda say that Oblivion will have more content dosnt mean that it will appear less empty. If its larger then it needs more content just to avoid looking less empty than Morrowind was.

478327[/snapback]

Oh, well I understand your issue then.

kirottu said:

Bethesda didn't seem to have a problem squeezing a 200+ hour game on a DVD-9

Not a difficult task when you have such an empty world as the elder scrolls games. Try that with a story based RPG and it's a whole different story.

Morrowind is the perfect example of empty space as a time waster just to pad out the playtime figures. Morrowind also dosnt have next gen quality graphics and effects but that should be a no brainer.

Not talking about Morrowind, I'm talking about Oblivion, which is much larger, and has a great deal of more content than Morrowind has.

Genius

I want Epiphany

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I hope they do what they intended and focus majorly the content. Nine towns and several small settlements with about 1200 npcs sounds ok, but if they want to keep it interesting there must be variety. MW was too much a sandbox.

kirottu said:

Oblivion's landmass is roughly 16 square miles (Morrowind's was around 10), and that does not include interiors, dungeons, or the planes of Oblivion you'll travel to.

-MrSmileyFaceDude,Bethesda Programmer.

Edited by Baley

Oblivion's landmass is roughly 16 square miles (Morrowind's was around 10), and that does not include interiors, dungeons, or the planes of Oblivion you'll travel to.

-MrSmileyFaceDude,Bethesda Programmer.

Which makes it quite possible to have more content and not be lying, but at the same time have a world that appears more empty than Morrowind did. We just moved to a bigger house in case anyone is wondering about the room anologies.

478327[/snapback]

Landmass, yeah, but the civ centers aren't so empty anymore. Or so I hear.

Edit: I will get Oblivion, no doubt about it. It's just too good a concept for me to pass. Even if the game fails to deliver.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Which makes it quite possible to have more content and not be lying, but at the same time have a world that appears more empty than Morrowind did. We just moved to a bigger house in case anyone is wondering about the room anologies.

I'm not saying that it has less content.

But you cannot make a statemnt like "Oblivion has more content." without playing the damn game.

The only source right now is Bethesda and they're in the process of hyping TES 4.

Edited by Baley