New Bioware game announced for Xbox 360

Epiphany

One thing I'm curious about since I don't think it was mentioned in the write up, is there magic in this setting? Or will we finally see another RPG without magic being front and centre?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

No answer; but you can ask that question at the new Mass Effect forums that were opened like 5 minutes ago. There should be an interview up as well soon..

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sure. That must explain Dragon Age. And, the PM expansion for NWN which is going on 4 years old.  Yup, PC is dying. Uhuh. Sure.

They still make Gamecube games as well. Just because the ship is sinking, doesn't mean everyone abandons the platform.

Console gaming is where it's at, it's got the largest pool of gamers, and the most sales of games. :D

Console gaming is where it's at, it's got the largest pool of gamers, and the most sales of games.  :D

Neg. For instance, the PC market is larger than all of the modern consoles combined. Where do you get this "information" really? :lol:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Neg. For instance, the PC market is larger than all of the modern consoles combined. Where do you get this "information" really? :lol:"

Just because 500 billion people have a computer doesn't mean they all game. Multiplatform titles that span into the PC market, always sell better on the console. Even games that have big followings, like the Elder Scrolls, sold 3:1 on the Xbox over the PC version in regards to Morrowind. Oblivion on the X360 will outsell the PC version by a large margin as well.

There are simply more gamers on consoles than on PC, otherwise, all these former "PC only" developers would be jumping ship to the console market.

Yes. :shifty:

Mkrkeu, we both know you arne't going to like DA. Don't buy it. It's a Bioware game. That should tell you what you are getting for good or for ill.

Mkrkeu, we both know you arne't going to like DA. Don't buy it. It's a Bioware game. That should tell you what you are getting for good or for ill.

I don't buy Bioware games.

But I have high hopes for Dragon Age. All they have to do is to stop treating their audience like idiots by dumbing down the games more and more for every iteration. Oh, and they could also try and stray from the path of "the chosen one" when writing the story and it'd be even better.

I really did like KotOR though.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Odd. That one had the 'most' Chosen One' story ever. More so than BG, NWN, or JE. Your logic is lacking. And, BG as much a I enjoyed it, was 'dumbed down' more than any other BIO game. Afterall, it didn't even non weapon proficiencies!

You make exuses. It doens't matter whether you buy them. The bottom line is you play them, and continue to play them. Stop making exuses. The exuse of 'my bosses paid for it', or 'it's a free copy' is lame.

Nice try, though. :shifty:

You wouldn't happen to be reading Andrew Rolling's "on Game Design"?

intray.jpg

Maybe I am... and Maybe.. Im not!

*plays annoying random doodle on flute*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "