Iran threatens to cut oil if sanctioned

Kaftan Barlast

Besides why would the US go into Non-Muslim homes? I think they would go into Muslim homes and pull that crap. You be surprised by what the US gov would do if they could get away with it. Look at Abu Grabv (that prison in Iraq). I am sure the torture and other antics would still be going on if the media didn't get a hold of it.

Well. Freedom of press and speech sure helps monitoring the US government a lot. Try preaching a non-Islamic religion on the streets of Iran. You will be grabbed in seconds then disappear forever.

Edited by julianw

Besides why would the US go into Non-Muslim homes?  I think they would go into Muslim homes and pull that crap.  You be surprised by what the US gov would do if they could get away with it.  Look at Abu Grabv (that prison in Iraq).  I am sure the torture and other antics would still be going on if the media didn't get a hold of it.

You man Abu Graib? Oh please, anyone who actually looks into that thing knows that it was an isolated incident not sanctioned by the government at all. Besides, what we did in Abu Graib is nothing compared to what the torturers in some of these countries did. :rolleyes:

Well, I actually have to backtrack a bit and admit that the US isn't a democracy in the strictest sense. It is a republic. It always has been. Hence the 'Battle Hymn of the Republic". Indeed, most 'democracies' are really republics.

I will admit the US has an elite class and lobby groups with unusual access and control. But they exist with the knowledge and consent of the majority of citizens. Thus it does not mean they are undemocratic.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I will admit the US has an elite class and lobby groups with unusual access and control. But they exist with the knowledge and consent of the majority of citizens. Thus it does not mean they are undemocratic.

Yes, the government work should be given to those who know what they are doing. We mortals are but shadows and dusts.

China is a economic super power just like the US with a far greater demand on oil.  Iran is being smart about this.  If the US wants oil then our government needs to lax off a bit about nuclear technology.  If we don't Iran is perfectly within their rights to stop selling oil to us in favor of other countries who will allow them to do what they want.

People tend to forget that Iraq is a democracy, even with its deep theocratic roots.  If the US and Bushie baby wants to promote democracy then he needs to deal with the consequences.  He just cannot promote democracies in favor of the US.

See, if I were still a moderator, I couldn't observe that this stance is both idiotic and absurd. Iran is a democracy? Sure, Hades. When you have time to pull your head out of the sand, or any place you happen to keep your head these days, then you might reassess the whole idea of a democratic Iran.

Still, that's not so stupid as the idea that you're using a pretty serious international issue to push a domestic political agenda. While it might be better if no-one had nukes, Iran is the poster child for mayhem. By the way, the Iranian Theocracy, which is the only real power in Iranian politics, doesn't care that you're a peace at any price pacifist. They'd kill you all the same. If you think otherwise, you're being more than a bit foolish.

You think you hate those all terrible Christians who've persecuted you in the United States? Just wait until you get a taste of some of the religious persecution you could expect in other places around the globe. Of course, it's always refreshing to have you arguing for the other side. It adds weight to one's own case.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Besides why would the US go into Non-Muslim homes?  I think they would go into Muslim homes and pull that crap.  You be surprised by what the US gov would do if they could get away with it.  Look at Abu Grabv (that prison in Iraq).  I am sure the torture and other antics would still be going on if the media didn't get a hold of it.

Hahahaha. I love it. This is the sort of crazy non-sense that makes the Democrats look silly. You're the sort of fringe sort of liberal who truly hurts their own cause. You are truly suggesting that the United States is only a step away from being as bad as Iran? Hades, keep talking. Seriously, not only is it a good laugh, but it also engenders sympathy for Bush. After all, if he were really willing to persecute folks for dissent, why haven't they hunted you and made you disappear already? If you were only a bit smarter, I imagine I'd run into you at UCLA with all the other crazies who wonder why the rest of us just don't get how terrible our lives are. Of course, most of them haven't had to live in government subsidized housing and live off of foodstamps. Maybe that's why I'm a bit leery of listening to the whole conspiracy theory line. Most of the folks advancing such theories are decidedly lacking in both intelligence and imagination.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Hahahaha. I love it. This is the sort of crazy non-sense that makes the Democrats look silly. You're the sort of fringe sort of liberal who truly hurts their own cause.

While you are right there are Republicans who are just as zany. Though instead of the ONOES CONSPIRACY! variety they're usually of the GAYS WILL DESTROY LIFE AS WE KNOW IT variety.

Iran Denies Oil Threat Interview

2 October 2005 -- The office of Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denies the president gave a press interview in which he allegedly said Iran might hold back oil sales if the country is referred to the UN Security Council over its nuclear program.

The United Arab Emirates' English-language daily "The Khaleej Times" quoted Ahmadinejad yesterday saying that holding back on oil sales was one of "many ways" Iran could respond if Iran's case is sent to the Security Council.

The presidential office said Ahmadinejad had not given such an interview.

The International Atomic Energy Agency last week adopted a resolution that finds Iran in "noncompliance" with international nuclear proliferation safeguards.

The resolution said Iran would be referred to the Security Council at an unspecified future date if it did not alter its nuclear policy.

(Reuters)

....end thread....

Actually Eldar I am not a person for peace for any price, quite the opposite. You see, I want Iran to have nukes. I want China and North Korea to have a full nuclea arsenal. I want terrorists to have nuclear weapons and the such.

Think of it. Global annihilation and the extinction of the human race. It would be a beautiful thing.

Edited by Hades_One

Actually Eldar I am not a person for peace for any price, quite the opposite.  You see, I want Iran to have nukes.  I want China and North Korea to have a full nuclea arsenal.  I want terrorists to have nuclear weapons and the such.

Think of it.  Global annihilation and the extinction of the human race.  It would be a beautiful thing.

Whatever.....

Actually Eldar I am not a person for peace for any price, quite the opposite.  You see, I want Iran to have nukes.  I want China and North Korea to have a full nuclea arsenal.  I want terrorists to have nuclear weapons and the such.

Think of it.  Global annihilation and the extinction of the human race.  It would be a beautiful thing.

Now, don't go all emo goth on us now.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

it's statements like this that allow the rest of us, those with a shred of sanity, to really claim a moral high ground when debating with you involved. seriously, do you actually think before you post?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Pray take anything Hades posts with quite a few grains of salt.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds