China renews their crackdown on the internet

kumquatq3

I'd always heard that the Buddha was an Indian Prince who waould one day be an Indian Holyman of either the Hindu or Krishna dealio. Anyways, one day he left the palace for the country side and saw the suffering of the world and left his kingdom. He then found this really nice Bodha Tree and was like, " If you just flip out, but don't care about anything, you're no better then a stinkin pirate, but if you do so and theres a bit of mystery and skill, then you have sucessfully removed yourself from the cycle of suffering, by making the innocent suffer in your stead.....bigtime."

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I'd always heard that the Buddha was an Indian Prince who waould one day be an Indian Holyman of either the Hindu or Krishna dealio. Anyways, one day he left the palace for the country side and saw the suffering of the world and left his kingdom. He then found this really nice Bodha Tree and was like, " If you just flip out, but don't care about anything, you're no better then a stinkin pirate, but if you do so and theres a bit of mystery and skill, then you have sucessfully removed yourself from the cycle of suffering, by making the innocent suffer in your sted.....bigtime."

That's pretty much how the story goes. After 49 days of reflection, he became the Buddha and walked off preaching. As he departed, an elephant stood in his way, so he tossed it into the air. They say the elephant fell from sky after three days. Now, if that's not animal cruelty I don't know what is.

Edited by julianw

Christians have the same type stuff. Supposively after Jesus had the Feast of Divine Mercy, he then had The Night of a Thousand Swollen Asses

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Dopplegangers, damn a knew this day would come.

If we skip all the heathen burning and polygamy parts of the Old Testament, sure :D

The Bible says that when your brother dies, you take care of his wife and family. It never says polygamy is fine in the eyes of God.

It does however say you can see your daughter into sexual slavery.

Levitical Law should really just be taken out of the Bible. If you read the first five books of the Bible, you see a story of God talking directly to God, and man distancing himself by asking for a King, wanting Priests, laws, formalized religion, etc.

There is no real indication that Levitical Law is the Law of God, but more so really the Law of Ancient Judaism and somewhat the Law of Modern Judaism.

Wait a minute...so you're saying that religious law can change over time? You're actually suggesting that something as holy as the Bible can have parts taken out of it?

Blasphemy.

The Bible is not perfect. None of the religious scriptures is.

And not to appear argumentative - since I would definitely concur that ALL religious articulations are dependent upon human agency - where are we in regard to being on topic?

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

It's all public domain information.  Anyone determined to actually do something like that is already going to know it, and certainly doesn't need the program.

As for the initial issue...I agree.  Let's invade both China and Yahoo!, since we're all about spreading freedom dust over here. 

Well it shouldn't be a public domain info and if anyone is determined to do such thing, sure they know already lots of things about WMD effects, but that program gets the insight on every major US city calculating all known variables in order to cause maximum damage and maximum casulties - that shouldn't be around no matter what, the White House memorandum clearly says so:

THE WHITE HOUSE

WASHINGTON

March 19, 2002

MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES

ANDREW H. CARD, JR.

Assistant to the President and Chief of Staff

SUBJECT:

Action to Safeguard Information Regarding Weapons of Mass Destruction and Other Sensitive Documents Related to Homeland Security

As noted in many discussions during the past several months, you and your department or agency have an obligation to safeguard Government records regarding weapons of mass destruction. Weapons of mass destruction include chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear weapons. Government information, regardless of its age, that could reasonably be expected to assist in the development or use of weapons of mass destruction, including information about the current locations of stockpiles of nuclear materials that could be exploited for use in such weapons, should not be disclosed inappropriately.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised we haven't changed our policies towards China.  The whole, "Do your own thing, we'll keep happily trading away with you and count on minimal influence from commerce to magically reform your entire society," approach seems a little low-speed for our illustrious leader, doesn't it?

No it doesn't, because your president doesn't give a rats ass about social changes in China. Current US-China trade is benifiting the ease of your budget deficit, that's all that matters - money before everything else because your goverment can't afford to change priorities in times like this and it ain't gonna change soon.....

Really.  <_<

It's aliens I tell you. Got to be those damn aliens. They're always responsible for everything going wrong in the world. One minute you're sleeping in your warm, cozy bed, and then next thing you know you're being probed in the ass and sprouting clones left, right and center.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

Really.  <_<

It's aliens I tell you. Got to be those damn aliens. They're always responsible for everything going wrong in the world. One minute you're sleeping in your warm, cozy bed, and then next thing you know you're being probed in the ass and sprouting clones left, right and center.

Sounds like the usual night out in town to me. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Christians have the same type stuff. Supposively after Jesus had the Feast of Divine Mercy, he then had The Night of a Thousand Swollen Asses

*ponders the Top 3 prophets*

1. Jesus was a carpenter of some sort whose life before 30 was mysteriously edited out. His girlfriend was a whore and he brought his mum with him everywhere. He was also jewish.

2. Buddha was a richboy who got a guilt trip and started backpacking and soulsearching. He was kind of like George Harrison. He was tripping by some trees and thought of buddhism.

3. Mohammed was a confirmed epileptic who had it on with this much older woman who was like his sugarmommy. He was a bit like a gigolo. Anyways he went a little funny in the head and started seeing things because of the epilepsy but his sugarmommy told him it was god who spoke to him and made him grow a beard and take up prophetizing. He repaid her by starting up the #1 woman-repressing religion in the world.

*listens to the sound of toes being stepped on*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I understand they used to tar&feather Mormons in the old days, a very fine tradition I think. We should take it up again but this time we can include Scientologists and anyone who watches preachers on TV

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Actually for what it's worth, while Clinton was very much in China's pocket, Bush has blasted China on a variety of issues.

Bush also said that he would use the military to defend Taiwan from China.  That's a pretty big issue.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2...25/221146.shtml

Well I don't buy it.....that was back in 2001, times change....and would you really risk an open nuclear war with China over Taiwan? Anyways, Bush has a tendency making such statements given his 'cowboy' foreign policy, which is only counter-productive in this case over the China-Taiwan situation.

US policy must be guided by a clear sense of achievable American national interests based on periodic appraisals of emerging relative peers;

I think the US should pragmatically seek a favorable

1. Jesus was a carpenter of some sort whose life before 30 was mysteriously edited out. His girlfriend was a whore and he brought his mum with him everywhere. He was also jewish.

Don't you find it amazing that nearly 2 billion people today would utter the name of a carpenter who lived two thousand years ago with love? He must have done something right.

3. Mohammed was a confirmed epileptic who had it on with this much older woman who was like his sugarmommy. He was a bit like a gigolo. Anyways he went a little funny in the head and started seeing things because of the epilepsy but his sugarmommy told him it was god who spoke to him and made him grow a beard and take up prophetizing. He repaid her by starting up the #1 woman-repressing religion in the world.

The Qu'ran states that man and woman are equal. Today's Islamic fundamentalists should go read the Qu'ran and not listen to some militant guy who never had a good understanding of the Qu'ran in the first place but decided to interpret parts of it anyway.