It is done....or is it?

So anyways I finished my DSF Sith Assassin game. I must say I'm kinda sad now thhat it's over....mainly because I grew quite fond of my ultra evil character and it's game over. :ermm:

Oh sure, I killed 3 Jedi Masters, 3 Sith Lords, the ice queen of Telos, the ruling Queen of Onderon, Col. Tobin, and assumed control of Trayus Academy but come on I want to see her kick more ass! :(

Anyways, having finished my third playthrough, I wonder just what those "true Sith" really are. Krath remnants? Pieces of the original Sith? Something that was probably made up?

P.S. I was disappointed with my character's appearance on the title screen; she didn't have that badass pose or the sexy Darkside look. :lol:

True Sith = a load of crap.

okok, basically for me it was a story element which I just found stupid but I guess I'll have to live with it in K3.

The K1 loading screen did say they were a species that died long ago so I'm hoping it stays that way.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Ohh, how I hate this "True Sith" thing.

I hope that the morale of KotOR III will be that there are no true Sith and no Sith Empire, and that as long as there is darkness and haterid within ourselves, the sith will always live and battle the light.(and being defeated)

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

So are we to believe they didn't die out after Sadow's invasion failed?
It is assumed that they are the remains of Ludo Kressh's followers.
Ohh, how I hate this "True Sith" thing.

I hope that the morale of KotOR III will be that there are no true Sith and no Sith Empire, and that as long as there is darkness and haterid within ourselves, the sith will always live and battle the light.(and being defeated)

Precisely. It seems like (at least I hope that) the True Sith were LucasArts' idea, so Obsidian gave it an absolute minimum of coverage in KOTOR II and wrapped it in sentences like "the true battle was never fought with weapons, it was fought in our hearts".

What I want to see in KOTOR III is a story taking place in the Republic several years after KOTOR II, but quite loosely tied with the events of the first two (as loosely as II was connected to I). I want some "collaborative Battle Meditation" (i.e. the balance of the Force determines the outcome of Revan and the Exile's campaign, never shown itself) and I want the True Sith invasion to be a non-event, i.e. an event which everyone prepares for, but which never actually happens.

True Sith = a load of crap.

okok, basically for me it was a story element which I just found stupid but I guess I'll have to live with it in K3.

The K1 loading screen did say they were a species that died long ago so I'm hoping it stays that way.

The true Sith? Wasn't it because they eventually mixed with the Dark Jedi?

The true Sith? Wasn't it because they eventually mixed with the Dark Jedi?

the Sith of antiquity are red-skinned insectoid beings from worlds like Korriban and Ziost. The load screens of KOTOR I state that fallen Jedi over the millennia have gone and settled on the Sith worlds. The fallen Jedi basically assumed command and, eventually, the 2 races became one.

It was believed that when Exar Kun (just some 40 years before Revan's time) sucked the life force out of his Massassi warriors (Massassi are specially bred warriors of the Sith) to trap his spirit in the Yavin pyramids, that that was the end of actual Sith race.

However, the idea that the "Sith...the true Sith" have gone into the Unknown Regions and are waiting to strike does not flat out contradict continuity. As to whether there are still some redskinned Sith, it is not known. However, I think they pretty much have to go with a pending strike from the Sith who are now in the Unknown Regions.

"True Sith" reinforces the idea that the Revan/Malak Sith were just part of Revan's plan to beat them at their own game. Basically, a scorched-earth policy that would galvanize the free planets, wake up the Senate, and get the Mandalorians back on board. That is really all it is about....Revan (even DS Revan) is NOT a true believer of this ideal....he is a master strategist who found a way to beat this enemy who has been planning for war for a long time.

However, it appears that Revan's scorched-earth plan was, ironically, also part of the True Sith's plan. Kreia is Darth Traya why? Because she betrayed the Jedi Order? No....because she betrayed Revan. She has (with the unknowing help of the Exile) killed off all the Force users of Known Space. As Darth Nuke might say, they may as well hang out a sign and say "this galaxy is unprotected....PLEASE INVADE!".

Edited by Plano Skywalker