X3

Oerwinde

I can't remember who it was that had the thread on how much they're screwing up X-Men 3, but anyway, it appears to be long gone so heres a nice little tidbit: they currently have slated a fight scene involving 22 characters, plus faceless extras. TWENTY-TWO CHARACTERS. Brian Singer... we miss you.

Though it will be awesome to see Colossus vs Juggernaut.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was looking forward to it. Now it looks like they'll screw up the greatness that were X1 and X2...

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Singer is not directing?? I have my doubts now.

Hehe, a little out of the loop? When Singer signed on to do Superman he left X3, they signed Brett Ratner, director of Rush Hour and Rush Hour 2 to take over something like 4 months ago.

Its like Brett Ratner decided "Hey, people complained Storm and Cyclops barely got any screen time compared to the others in the first two movies, so I'll just add like 9 new characters that way no one gets any screen time!"

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hmm...Rush Hour wasn't a total travesty...I think. It's been awhile.

At least they got the cast back. Batman also stunk without Michael Keaton. I just hope they wrap up some stories. The first two movies just felt like big teasers. They were awesome, but they didn't really complete any plot lines. Then again, it's been awhile, I should rewatch them.

Hmm...Rush Hour wasn't a total travesty...I think.  It's been awhile. 

At least they got the cast back.  Batman also stunk without Michael Keaton.  I just hope they wrap up some stories.  The first two movies just felt like big teasers.  They were awesome, but they didn't really complete any plot lines.  Then again, it's been awhile, I should rewatch them.

Going back and re-watching the old batman movies, even the Burton ones weren't very good. The much lauded Jack Nicholson Joker was just Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson, only with a high pitched laugh and bad makeup. And his crazy messed up versions of Catwoman and Penguin were horrid.

Devastatorsig.jpg

X3 is being filmed in the canyon a ways away from my apartment. Seriously. Me and a pal went there to see if Halle Berry was there getting wet and wild as Storm.

She wasn't.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I can't believe they decided to

whack main characters

left, right and center.    <_<

Yep.

The script really sucks, and I have little faith in the director. The movie could surprise me, but I am quite sad that they didn't let Singer finish what he started. Fox screwed him since day 1 on the X-Men thing. They cut his budget on the first one, and them bumped the release date up six months while he was in the middle of filming it. I've read reports that one of the bigwigs at Fox hates Singer and was setting him up for failure since day 1.

They resigned the cast for X:2 right away, but waited forever to sign Singer again. They did the same with with X:3 and never bothered to sign Singer, so he left to do Superman.

Indeed.

Oh, well. At least we got Angel.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We just have to wait and see. 22 seems to be a bit much for a barely 2 hour movie. A properly written 2 hour script should focus on 4 to 6 primary characters with at most a dozen secondary characters.

A television series would be different, but a movie X3 looks ridiculous.

Going back and re-watching the old batman movies, even the Burton ones weren't very good. The much lauded Jack Nicholson Joker was just Jack Nicholson playing Jack Nicholson, only with a high pitched laugh and bad makeup. And his crazy messed up versions of Catwoman and Penguin were horrid.

Well, Burton's vision managed to not fall into the campy tones of Joel Schumacher's Batman movies, or the '66 Batman movie with Adam West. For the most part, I've always enjoyed Burton's stylized, quirky settings though I understand some of the criticism (mainly the usual comic to movie adaptations that always occur). The villains he recreated had some noticeable differences but I was already expecting him to twist them somehow. Personally I found them more likeable than Joel's attempts at villains.

I dont know why you worry about X3 when the first two movies werent exactly quality cinema to begin with. The whole thing has never been about anything else than a lot of hollywood producers making a ton of cash by selling mediocre movies that get lots of free hype because theyre based on a popular comic.

With Sin City being the only exception, hollywood comic films generally SLAUGHTER the original beyond recognition. Its like McDonalds hearing about Sushi and comming up with McRawherring

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "