Pledge! Now!

Commissar

Why's it odd?

Seems to be the thing to do around here. I'm surprised you can't see the distinction between no one really caring about all the religious stuff that you go through in Denmark, and no one really caring about two words in the pledge.

What I do find unusual is that you have no problems with being forced into communion and religion, yet do have problems with a pledge that doesn't even need to be recited.

But of course, there's no suching thing as religious fundamentalists in Denmark

At least the US is my neighbour and largest trading partner.

Are you a natural at putting words in other peoples mouth or did you take lessons?  :thumbsup:

1) I never said that most Christians wasn't good, I stated that I loathe religion when abused in the extremes, such as the Christian fundamentalists in the US and the jihadists of Islam, both minorities claim to be following their respective scriptures and that they act in the name of said religions. If these religions did not exist, would they still have the same kind of devout hatred for whatever it is that they hate? I don't know, but I do know that religion and worship play a huge part in their lives, and as you would probably say, they got it all wrong.

2) I don't think I ever said that I 'hate' faith, I just find it silly.

3) I will leave human sexuaity out, just as long as you remember that "One shouldn't throw rocks when one lives in a glass house"

You're words in your profile are "I also dislike religion with all of my heart, since I feel religions, like Christianity and Islam, represents the worst of humanity when abused in the extremes..."

Yeah, so you are saying that you dislike religion. That, or you have to phrase your statements better. I'll say it again: if that's your reasoning, you must hate public schools, capitalism, and law enforcement agencies as well. :lol:

I have dealt with Christianity, studied the religion, the history, and my share of believers.  It does not urge the best of humanity.  Any God who would be willing to torture an individual for all of eternity is not a good God, yet if you do not except Jesus in your heart, as the tenet goes, that is exactly what your fate will be when you die.

No crime in the heavens or the earth is severe enough to warrant eternal damnation, yet it is the Christian belief that those who do not follow Jesus and God will receive such fate from their creator.

What Christianity urges is tyranny through fear.

yeah, that's the only example you seem to be able to give. That only shows you really don't know what you're talking about. Your concept of heaven, hell, and punishment in Christianity is skewed. Your ignorance speaks for itself here.

Hades - Heaven and hell are only symbolic terms. I am no Christian, so I wonder are there people who actually believe you will be burning in hell? I mean you are dead. Your body is gone, so what is burning?

In the Christian mindset Heaven and hell are not simple symbolic terms but places that exists on a spiritual plane. They also believe every human being has a soul, their spiritual nature, which will be rewarded in heaven or damned in eternal punishment in hell.

yeah, that's the only example you seem to be able to give.  That only shows you really don't know what you're talking about.  Your concept of heaven, hell, and punishment in Christianity is skewed.  Your ignorance speaks for itself here.

Fine I can give you others why I despise God, beyond just its Christian roots. God formed three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Each of these religions are strongly influenced on one another and all worship the same God, yet through his divine intervention God has set these three religions against each other, sowing pain, death, and despair.

It purposely made it so that there can never be peace until one religion is dominant over another, almost like some sort of social experiment.

But of course, there's no suching thing as religious fundamentalists in Denmark

Well, at least the few we have don't really get any publicity, I've never even heard of that incident, and I live just outside said capital.

I just did a google and found that one article myself, the following really didn't have the same kind of substance you were craving, I'm afraid. :thumbsup:"

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

You're words in your profile are "I also dislike religion with all of my heart, since I feel religions, like Christianity and Islam, represents the worst of humanity when abused in the extremes..." 

Yeah, so you are saying that you dislike religion.  That, or you have to phrase your statements better.  I'll say it again: if that's your reasoning, you must hate public schools, capitalism, and law enforcement agencies as well.  :lol:

Do forgive me for not mastering your language to the same degree as you. :thumbsup:

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

yeah, that's the only example you seem to be able to give.  That only shows you really don't know what you're talking about.  Your concept of heaven, hell, and punishment in Christianity is skewed.  Your ignorance speaks for itself here.

Fine I can give you others why I despise God, beyond just its Christian roots. God formed three religions: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Each of these religions are strongly influenced on one another and all worship the same God, yet through his divine intervention God has set these three religions against each other, sowing pain, death, and despair.

It purposely made it so that there can never be peace until one religion is dominant over another, almost like some sort of social experiment.

1. Islam doesn't worship the same God as Judaism and Christianity. It also teaches radically different doctrines as well. I have read the Qur'an, I have studied Islam and its history, I know what I'm talking about. Islam was started by Muhammad who saw Christianity and Judaism as corrupt. Islam in fact teaches that Judaism and Christianity are not true faiths.

2. God has never 'deliberately' set any religion against another. That, my friend, is human nature again. We have a free will, as Alanschu pointed out.

You must be omniscient, because you seem to know a lot about what god is thinking... I suggest you actually study the faiths more closely, because you don't seem to understand what you are talkig about.

Hades - Who are they to talk about afterlife? They haven't come back from the dead, have they? If anyone's getting tortured in the afterlife, it's those child-molesting priests who say they follow Christ or the Crusaders who raped their way across the Byzantines (who happen to be Christians) into the Middle East.

Assuming the existance of God, he set the religions against each other?

I'd probably give most of that responsibilty to people, because God had given Free Will to people.

Yes, he had given people free will, but also manipulated that will as well. If he was truly a loving and just God he wouldn't have let such strife within his own believers.

I'd probably give most of that responsibilty to people, because God had given Free Will to people.

Yes, he had given people free will, but also manipulated that will as well. If he was truly a loving and just God he wouldn't have let such strife within his own believers.

Do you realize you've just contradicted yourself there? God would be manipulating free will if he didn't allow people to decide their own actions. God must be your neighbor or something, cause you seem to know a lot about his motives... :-"

God also has to be responsible for Its own actions and by allowing such misinterpretations and death in Its name shows that It is a s**thead.  A loving and caring God wouldn't do such things.

Yeah, so you'll have just a bunch of drones walking around not knowing that they have no free will and are being manipulted by an outside force? Yeah, that's real loving. If God controlled our actions, there would be no point to our existance. Those 'actions' you refer to are not God's, they are ours. We as humans have to be responsible for our own actions, not God.

All major religions preach peace and tolerance. God doesn't speak through priests but only through the original scriptures. His followers are free to interpret his words. If they see it fit to hate and kill each other, then it's them who have failed, not God.

Well since you've read so much about it, then surely you must know that the OT isn't all about love and hugs, actually quite the opposite. I've even read that shaving your sideburns was punishable by death! Is that the word of a merciful deity? Or was it in fact all a fabrication of man?

DENMARK!

Well since you've read so much about it, then surely you must know that the OT isn't all about love and hugs, actually quite the opposite. I've even read that shaving your sideburns was punishable by death! Is that the word of a merciful deity? Or was it in fact all a fabrication of man?

Where, exactly? And what were the circumstances?

OT=Off Topic? The great god of Spam? Baley?

Baley is all about love and hugs! Infidel!

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Yet, God is responsible for Its own actions and inactions.

Yeah, and we have to make our own choices, not God. God is responsible for its actions and inactions, but all examples you've given are not God's. It loves us, helps us, and gives us guidance, but it doesn't control us. We have to be responsible for our own actions.

Torturing someone for all eternity is evil, yet that is one of God's actions for those who do not worship him.

1.  Islam doesn't worship the same God as Judaism and Christianity.

Uhm... wrong. If you had actually read the Qur'an, as you claim, and studied Islam you would know that Islam's Allah is the same god as Judaism and Christianity.

It even acknowledges the prophets and important figures from Judaism and Christianity.

It also teaches radically different doctrines as well.  I have read the Qur'an, I have studied Islam and its history, I know what I'm talking about.  Islam was started by Muhammad who saw Christianity and Judaism as corrupt.  Islam in fact teaches that Judaism and Christianity are not true faiths.

Only halfway correct. I recommend you resume and/or continue your studies.

Hades - Here's one line in the NT that you might be interested in: "Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven." It's the church that turned Christianity into a religion about faith. I am sure a Buddhist who lived a decent life is not going to get tortured if Christ is the judge.

Where, exactly? And what were the circumstances?

I can't remember, it was a list of quotes from different passages of the OT. The list also included the killing of women for adultry and stuff like that. The guy presented the list to counter some bible freaks anti-homosexual rant about how the bible condemned gays. Saying that if you wanna enforce some of it, you bloody ought to use it all. I thought you might have read it.

DENMARK!