ESRB!

alanschu

Oh, yes it does. There are versions without clothes. Though, CJ stays clothed all time.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I know. Further proves that there is no god.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The US is a country of contrasts. I keep hearing people bashing America because all this censorship, but the fact is most of the best games come out of the US. I can name maybe a habdful of quality games to come out of Europe in the last decade. Japan is probably second, but the fact is many of their games don't translate well so I'm not sure about that. They also release sequels like crazy, whereas original content is a bit more common in the States.

I just don't like blanket statements about what crap America is. We have problems, we have a lot of people on the right and left of the political spectrum, and we have religious zealots that argue with overboard athiests. But you still buy our crap, so get over it.

Best games come out in america?

How you guess that? because most PC publishers were american based? Not anymore with VU games, Atari and Ubisoft being european as well Eidos if Eidos was not much in the toilet.

What the US have is EA and Activision, LucasArts is a shadow of it former self, Interplay is dead as Sierra is VU Games.

Also guess who made Commandos ... a SPANISH DEVELOPER TEAM!

Tomb Raider ... Core Design is British.

Alone in the Dark ... Inforgrames (Atari today), french.

Heck its a big list if I bother to check who exactly made what.

As for Japan being second ... give me a break, Japan IS the largest market of video games, perhaps its second on PC but its by FAR larger that the US AND Europe combined in Consoles.

We buy "your crap" that is being financed ... in euros.

drakron.png

I'm just not understanding why depictions of sexual acts is so much more detrimental to a child's psychological development than random and gruesome acts of violence.

GTA and the media storm over Hot Coffee is the perfect example. Here's a game where you can blow a police officer's head off, run over old ladies in a car, and various other violent things yet the sole focus for these watchdog groups is because you can access something that allows for an explicit sexual scene to be shown?

Where. Is. The. Logic.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm not even talking about publishers, since they really don't "make" the games. I'm talking about development houses. You listed a few European developers, great, but you also listed a bunch of American companies that created genres from scratch and revolutionized the gaming world. Sierra and LucasArts still hold huge chunks of gaming history, and no European company has come close to replacing them.

Blizzard still releases the top games of the genre. EA still controls a sick amount of gaming development. Id still created Doom.

I'll give you Alone in the Dark. There is a game that set the tone for a genre. But that's one game, and American developers still control the PC market. I'm not arguing consoles, because consoles suck in comparison.

I would like to see you try not to buy any games developed or published by American companies. This also means burning all the previously bought American games you have.

Yes, there are a lot of canadian development.

But many games were made in europe, the diference is that when the US adapted the Atari europe adapted the ZX Spectrum and we all know that the PC evolved more from the Atari.

And I am not going to bother wuth links, there are (and were) many frech and british developement houses and I can even mention that we have a Xbox GotY developed by none other that Starbreeze, a Sweden developer.

As for Sierra anc LucasArts ... well both are known from their adventure games, Sierra became part of VU games as LucasArts is what it is ...

As I am at it, I can point out Quantic Dream is based on Paris, France and they created "Omikron - The Nomad Soul" and the yet to be released "Fahrenheit" (known as "Indigo Prophecy" in the USA), Syberia I and II are from MC2-Micro

drakron.png

Yes, there are a lot of canadian development.

Yeah, EA's presence in Vancouver is huge. They employ something like 1500 people in the greater Vancouver area. I believe with just the EA Canada Burnaby location and EA Black Box downtown, that covers every EA sports and racing title with the exception of Madden. I read somewhere that Vancouver is actually becoming North America's largest game development center, with something like 2500 people employed in game development, and when EA's expansion and hiring spree is finished, it will be around 3500.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Canada is part of America, and Canadiens may object, but it's tied pretty closely to the US.  Sir-Tech was a legendary Canadien developer as well.

Yes, part of North America, you haven't annexed us yet. <_<

We'll just let Saddam Escape from prison to Canada, then we'll "have no choice."

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Canada is part of America, and Canadiens may object, but it's tied pretty closely to the US.  Sir-Tech was a legendary Canadien developer as well.

We'll just let Saddam Escape from prison to Canada, then we'll "have no choice."

Bah, we all know that you really just want our oil. :)

Bah, we all know that you really just want our oil. :)

Yeah, but we can't openly admit that, now, can we?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Why would we? We didn't want Quebec. So if we didn't want a piece of the pie, than why would we take the whole thing?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

why people get up in arms about this more than Tom and Jerry cartoons I don't know (used to love tom and jerry as a kid. now I can't watch them because it's too violent.)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.