Jade Empire Bombed

Volourn

Haha. Nice try. it's a good thing your opinion in this matter is irrelevant.

I say FF; you say it's crap

It is crap.

I already know it'll be:

I say FF; you say it's crap.

R00fles!

I win, you lose.

Of course you'd know. Baiting is your speciality.

And, oh, I played the Geneforge 'demo', and if the main game is anything like it which it is the game sucks. Heck, the graphics are the best thing about them. LOL

Uh huh, suuuuure. Riiiiight. Fortunately your opinion is irrelevant.

Name one great game to come from Europe. I can't.

The entire Championship Manager series, now known as the Football Manager series. Many a successor in the series broke and continued to break the record of fastest selling game in UK & Europe. Furthermore, they are critically acclaimed to be unequivocally the best sport management simulation games. Period.

You Lose Volourn. :))

manthing2.jpg

EA is not that bad but they have the habbit of streamline games to a point what was original is gone, Westwood C&C games were interesting but it seens they abandoned the C&C universe and Westwood did other things (Lands of Lore for example) and now Westwood is gone.

Just to point out, C&C red alert 3 is coming out. they just killed the Tiberium storyline because it was a little odd after Tib sun

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They also went with C&C Generals.  Looks like they're doing what they can with the C&C name now.

yeah... but most don't consider C&C to be an actual c&C because it doesn't have the buildings coming out of the ground or the side bar that you can train/build anything from, or any of the design features

And I forgot the Live cutscenes... can't forget those, or somthing of a plot instead of a bunch of missions strung together with ducktape and prayrs

I think westwoioid lacked oiriginality... They kept making the same game again and again. I doiinit think that there was any significant change in the game play froimi duine 2 toii whatever their last strategy game was. Duine 2, C and C, the expansioin foiir it, red alert, its 2 expansioins, duine 2000, etc etc etc, it was all the same game.

the main thing Westwood is known for is really getting the RTS genre a kick start with C&C. after that they were forgettable. to those who think that Blizzard should get the RTS award you have to remember that Warcraft and War2 were more cult games for a while.

the main thing Westwood is known for is really getting the RTS genre a kick start with C&C. after that they were forgettable. to those who think that Blizzard should get the RTS award you have to remember that Warcraft and War2 were more cult games for a while.

Actually they got the RTS a kickstart with Dune 2

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Nah. Dune might have been the first game in the genre, along with Herzog Zwei, but C&C started the boom.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

First of all, Ground Control 1 is the best friggin' RTT game ever. Second of all, Volo can be an extremely retarded troll when he wants to be, but that's hardly news to anyone not born five minutes ago.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though.

I don't think a C&C game NEEDS to have the sidebar with buildings materializing out of the ground. The setting is the most important thing.

Considereding that EA shredded any hint of originality from the C&C universe with the utterly stupid and lamerican "Generals" thing, it really doesn't matter.

The C&C series was not perfect, far from it. But it was miles ahead of the soulless crap that is the Generals series. And I was totally looking forward to Tiberium Twilight, too. :/

EA makes bland, bland crap. Compare, say, the Rare 007 title to the hordes of different 007 games produced by EA. Behold such spectacular turkeys such as "The Urbz". Electronic Arts is the proverbial king Midas in reverse of the gaming industry. Everything they touch turns to crap in one way or another.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Nah. Dune might have been the first game in the genre, along with Herzog Zwei, but C&C started the boom.

Man, Dune 2 was giant hit of 1992 (like KOTOR of 2003). I remember that well.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I meant Dune 2, yes.

You were present and conscious back then, so I trust in your judgement.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Guest Fishboot

Have any of you guys actually played Herzog Zwei? I hear it coming up among the video game history-minded as the first RTS, but did it really have all of the stereotypical elements the way Dune 2 did? I'm curious. I played Dune 2 when it came out, and it utilized essentially every RTS cliche that was reiterated only slightly modified all the way to the RTS crash - it was like the genre sprang from Zeus' head fully formed.

"EA makes bland, bland crap. Compare, say, the Rare 007 title to the hordes of different 007 games produced by EA. Behold such spectacular turkeys such as "The Urbz". Electronic Arts is the proverbial king Midas in reverse of the gaming industry. Everything they touch turns to crap in one way or another."

EA's line of sports games, and even their Sims (which I'm not a big fan of) prove your statement wron. If they were so crap; EA would ahve been forced out of the game long time ago.

As for 007 games. All 007 games suck. I ahve yet to play one good one.

R00fles!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So making the same game annually with minor differencies and updated teams doesn't constitute as bland?

kirottu said:

No. Becuase often times they're not 'minor'. On top of that, their sports games are almost always good. I'd rather have 'bland' games thata re fun then 'innovative' gam,es that just plain old fashion suck.

Game over.

Then you're just daft. I remember the most respected game magazine of Finland "Pelit" joking about starting to copy-paste the EA NHL game review from last year each time a "new" EA NHL game came. There just wasn't anything to review. Same sh!t, different package.

Edit: http://www.pelit.fi/

kirottu said:

Finland? Europe? *yawn*

Not to mention, anyone who thinks that is just plain old fashion wrong. No matter where they live.Period.

Anyways, as far as I'm concerned... game magazine = crap = same **** different no matter the host country.

Game magaizines are NOT the authority I trust when deciding on games that's for sure.