Atris betraying the Jedi Council?

^

I thought of it as rather ingenious myself. Then again, I'm not you.

I could swear I posted somewhere that this was a improvement, seeing your previous post, but since it isn't here anymore...

This is an improvement upon your previous post...

On-topic:

Atris story made sense, untill her Sith-Meeting after the Council meeting. But did anything after that meeting made sense?

I edited your silliness out of my post.

NO, Really? :lol:

:D

Atris has probably the most screwed role in whole star wars universe. Her whole story doesn't make sense and is very idiotic. I understand lack of time but year ago I was under assumption (when glaring at beatiful promo art featuring Atris and Nihilus) that Atris will be the leader of Jedi Underground and will play crucial role in defeating the sith lords. Instead Avellone crafted a weird story that doesn't make any sense: Atris/exile fight seems like old lovers quarrel and there's no clear statement that she fell to the DS. Even Bastila's downfall wasn't that lame (if you could say that Atris has fallen cause whole situation is too clumsy to figure out

what's going on).

And she has the nerve to keep your lightsaber...

She was overconfident and wanted to deal with the problems head on.  While she acts judgemental towards the Exile for going to war with Revan, deep down she really wishes she had done the same years ago.  So when a shadow Sith threat appears, she wants to confront it head-on.

She tipped off the Sith so that she could hope to combat the Sith directly.  She didn't realize how stupid the whole thing was because she didn't understand the threat.

That's pretty much it. I believe she thought that sacrificing the whole Jedi order (barring herself) was a fair price to pay (and in her own eyes the only way) in exchange for rooting out the source of the threat. But I didn't think she was evil. Just confused and deluded.

Atris has probably the most screwed role in whole star wars universe. Her whole story doesn't make sense and is very idiotic. I understand lack of time but year ago I was under assumption (when glaring at beatiful promo art featuring Atris and Nihilus) that Atris will be the leader of Jedi Underground and will play crucial role in defeating the sith lords. Instead Avellone crafted a weird story that doesn't make any sense: Atris/exile fight seems like old lovers quarrel and there's no clear statement that she fell to the DS. Even Bastila's downfall wasn't that lame (if you could say that Atris has fallen cause whole situation is too clumsy to figure out

what's going on).

Nah. You only say that because Atris is exactly the complete opposite of Exar Kun. Unpredictable, with a deep, complex and credible personality, an interesting background, and most importantly, not relying on Sith crap to grant her uber 1337 powers of d00m.

The only thing I didn't like about her part of the plot was how the whole issue was resolved in the LS path. It just doesn't make sense to just leave her there to her fate (perhaps even allowing her to fall further) if your PC has been seeking redemption the whole game.

She should have had a hand in the endgame, perhaps dying in a blaze of glory, saving the PC's ass somehow, or whatever. Lots of dramatic potential wasted there. Otherwise, her subplot was one of the strong points of the game, IMO.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I agree, endgame not included I thought Atris was interesting (annoying as hell, but interesting).

To be honest it took me a couple of playthroughs to get the whole picture in this game. After K1 I was expecting another romp through the galaxy doing good or evil, but this game really isn't that simplistic and I find I appreciate that fact lately. Of course the cut stuff will always be really infuriating.

Those relics were Sith holocrons.  I think she was getting corrupted well before Katarr though she doesn't see it that way.

There were also Jedi relics in the stuff that she saved...Handmaiden talks about it on Telos I think...

True. They're in her alcove. I wanna get to them, but all the Sith holocrons are uses "Force Logorrh

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The only thing I didn't like about her part of the plot was how the whole issue was resolved in the LS path. It just doesn't make sense to just leave her there to her fate (perhaps  even allowing her to fall further) if your PC has been seeking redemption the whole game.

She should have had a hand in the endgame, perhaps dying in a blaze of glory, saving the PC's ass somehow, or whatever. Lots of dramatic potential wasted there. Otherwise, her subplot was one of the strong points of the game, IMO.

Well, personally I have a theory that either Kreia or Atris was supposed to join you when you go to Malachor, as Atris' model uses the same pattern as the other party members, and she already has a portait.

Really? What a coincidence! I have a theory that I am the only real consciousness in the world and everyone else is a figment of my imagination. (I call it Existentialism.) It also requires absolutely no evidence whatsoever, barring what I can dream up in my head!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The only thing I didn't like about her part of the plot was how the whole issue was resolved in the LS path. It just doesn't make sense to just leave her there to her fate (perhaps  even allowing her to fall further) if your PC has been seeking redemption the whole game.

Well, personally I have a theory that either Kreia or Atris was supposed to join you when you go to Malachor, as Atris' model uses the same pattern as the other party members, and she already has a portait.

How could kreia reasonably join you? perhaps atris, but its probably the whole business about how she could not be exposed to the darkside again or else shed turn back to it (assuming that you let her live) However, kreia had already been taken out of the roster at the enclave in dantooine, it wouldnt have made sense

words are weightless here on earth

because they're free

How could kreia reasonably join you? perhaps atris, but its probably the whole business about how she could not be exposed to the darkside again or else shed turn back to it (assuming that you let her live) However, kreia had already been taken out of the roster at the enclave in dantooine, it wouldnt have made sense

Atris could attack Kreia during there little confrontation, an head to Malachor to take the title of Darth Traya, though you'd still need a boss for that scene.

Given that there is cut content to suggest originally that Atris was Darth Traya, Kreia would have gone with you to fight her. But it makes more sense to be rid of your "mentor" and confront your mentor. I'm glad Atris wasn't Traya.

I think Atris should have had some role in the end-game. I think the concept of her character is fine, but poorly executed, as with Nihilius.

Yeah Atris as Traya is a terrible idea. That character should (optionally) join your party when you first visit Polar Plateau (ex. when you agree with her during conversation she decides to guide you with her wisdom). A lots of interesting tensions between Kreia and Atris on the way... old and new teacher.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I have to say, as dissappointed as I was with this game, I'm really glad you didn't write for it

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

You should - I'd made Exar's spirit main protagonist :ph34r:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

SOCRATES:

Really? What a coincidence! I have a theory that I am the only real consciousness in the world and everyone else is a figment of my imagination. (I call it Existentialism.) It also requires absolutely no evidence whatsoever, barring what I can dream up in my head!

no, that's called Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy... look at the T.O.M.B.S. vol2 thread for the entirety of the quote.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Got some bad medication?

:p

HERMOCRATES:

SOCRATES:

Who would have thought that Atris whom was looked upon as wisdom of the light only saw the light by her own actions by the presence of Kreia? Now we have to wonder who has seen the light (has wisdom).

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Atris already seemed to be arrogant when she was a Jedi Master on the council. Arrogance being a step towards the darkside and with the help of the Sith holocrons corruptering her, it was a matter of time before she fell.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

She was a Jedi Historian, she had an unusual need to gather information.

What better source of ancient knowledge than a Sith Holocron?

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said

Time is certainly not a factor concerning intention. Besides light travels at a constant speed. Intention is that which remains unseen.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

in this case it was, because the sith holocrons in the wrong hands have a very powerful infuence. Under the circumstances she lived in I wouldn't be surprised if she was corrupted as soon as she entered the room with them, she just didn't know it because they had warped her sense of good and evil.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.