For some reason it reminds me of...

Reveilled

Okay, bear with me, beause I'm not sure how well I'll be able to describe the topic of this thread.

What things remind you of other things that to anyone else would seem completely unrelated, and why are they related to you?

For instance, the taste of Orange Milk Chocolate reminds me of the Legend of Zelda on the N64. At face value, they seem to have nothing to do with one another, but back when the game was released, I got it for christmas along with several boxes of chocolate orange pieces, and so I spent almost the entire game eating chocolate orange, and as a result, the taste of chocolate reminds me of the Legend of Zelda whenever I eat it.

Understand?

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Yes, I used to listen to Bach (pixies can give you all the specifics of every song if you'd like) while I played Ultima. Now, if I hear that music, I'm taken back to the time.

My first girlfriend was a French foreign exchange student. She wore a certain perfume. Now, if I smell anything that even remotely resembles it, I'm taken back to my time with her.

It's funny how the mind plays tricks on us.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Yes, I used to listen to Bach (pixies can give you all the specifics of every song if you'd like) while I played Ultima. 

Go ahead, try me. Name a song in a certain key, and I will meet your challange.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Firestoker ale reminds me of Arcanum. Bad air-conditioning reminds me of NWN.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Psychological research has found that the areas of the brain that process smells is in fact linked to the hippocampus, so a smell is more likely to trigger an episodic memory than any of the other senses :rolleyes:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Okay, bear with me, beause I'm not sure how well I'll be able to describe the topic of this thread.

What things remind you of other things that to anyone else would seem completely unrelated, and why are they related to you?

For instance, the taste of Orange Milk Chocolate reminds me of the Legend of Zelda on the N64.  At face value, they seem to have nothing to do with one another, but back when the game was released, I got it for christmas along with several boxes of chocolate orange pieces, and so I spent almost the entire game eating chocolate orange, and as a result, the taste of chocolate reminds me of the Legend of Zelda whenever I eat it.

Understand?

Funnily enough, when I read that, I found I associate chocolate orange with Legends of Zelda, too.

The bizzare bit is, I don't remember ever playing Zelda on the N64 (but I could very well have on a friends).

Jungian synchronicity, perhaps?

Doo-do do-do doo-do do-do waaaa-wa! wa-wa! *bongo solo*

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Because I have add there's too many to list, but I do remember listening to a backstreet boys song about 5 or six years ago while reading a supergirl comic :">

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Everytime I hear Brtiney Spears, I think of Rollercoaster Tycoon. My moms used to listen to radio while I was next room playing the demo back in 99.

Mint crockant chocolate reminds me of Warhammer novels.

Winegums give me vivid memories of Ursula LeGuin's books.

Everytime I bite an apple I...well, nevermind.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Everytime I hear Brtiney Spears, I think of Rollercoaster Tycoon. My moms used to listen to radio while I was next room playing the demo back in 99.

Moms?

Anyhow, certain smell gives me multicolored image in my head.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

the smell of bourbon reminds me of owls :ph34r:

the reason being, after getting completely drunk on bourbon, a friend and i went for a walk, and we came across a harry potter poster thingy outside the movie theater that had a pricelist of all sorts of different owls. the one i distinctly remember is a snowy owl, costing 18 galleons

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

recently I opened a pot of hairgel I hadn't used in years, and the scent of it immediately took me back to highschool

the combined taste of coffee and cigarettes reminds me of the breaks I took during my exams

the scent of tequila reminds me of lots and lots of vomit

the scent of vomit reminds me of lots and lots of tequila

the (rare) sight of 3 people sitting on 1 scooter reminds me of a broken kneecap

every Asian girl I see reminds me of the biggest crush I ever had (and ever will have)

and garlic butter reminds me of sex

Im in my school library right now and a guy is drilling holes in tables, presumably to hold computer cables. The sound is annoying, but the burning smell reminds me of the dentist's office.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

What have they done to you in the dentists? :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I am transported back to my youth when I smell distilate mixed with sea water; I fondly remember the times spent with family on our boat in the Broadwater; and zipping about in an aluminium dinghy with a six horsepower Johnson outboard motor ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hey, did I ever tell you guys "The Aristocrats" joke?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Psychological research has found that the areas of the brain that process smells is in fact linked to the hippocampus, so a smell is more likely to trigger an episodic memory than any of the other senses  :)

No wonder I have poor memory. I have no sense of smell. :*

No, you have a poor sense of smell because you have a poor memory! :p

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Every spring, when there's lots of snow on the ground, the sun is still barely managing to climb over the horizon, and there's that unmistakable spring feeling in the air (when the snow is actually starting to decrease instead of increase) I'm almost transported back to my youth (1988!) and an especially happy period of my life. Every day during that period I longed to get home from school to play Pool of Radiance with my best friend. The clear, cold air, the weak sun (painting the sky yellow-reddish) and the sparkling, melting snow brings back all that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Eric Clapton's Pilgrim album reminds me of Quake II, because I listened to it constantly while playing the game. Sometimes I still go back and play it, and I no longer have the Pilgrim CD. Any other music I play seems weird.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.