Hurricane!

Walsingham

You could have zombies, but filming on flooded sets would be hugely expensive and irritating.

And it's Hobbes who felt we were naturally anarchic savages.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You could have zombies, but filming on flooded sets would be hugely expensive and irritating.

Something from the toxic sludge that people are saying is the flood waters in New Orleans brings people back to life as zombies. The survivors of the flood must escape the city any way they can however they have to stay out of the water. Getting the water in your system means zombification.

Picture the groups of survivors in a boat slowly drifting down a flooded street a night time, surrounded by mist that makes everything seem just slightly off. Someone makes a wisecrack about zombies and BAM! A zombie bursts out of the water and drags him off the boat while the other people are screaming. Suddenly more zombies appear through the mist and the camera pulls pack to show them surrounded the boat and the zombies disappear in the fog and fade to black.

Show movie title then go flashback to people preparing for hurricane where the movie really starts and follows a different group of people in thier bid for freedom.

I think it could work! ;)"

Something from the toxic sludge that people are saying is the flood waters in New Orleans brings people back to life as zombies. The survivors of the flood must escape the city any way they can however they have to stay out of the water. Getting the water in your system means zombification.

Picture the groups of survivors in a boat slowly drifting down a flooded street a night time, surrounded by mist that makes everything seem just slightly off. Someone makes a wisecrack about zombies and BAM! A zombie bursts out of the water and drags him off the boat while the other people are screaming. Suddenly more zombies appear through the mist and the camera pulls pack to show them surrounded the boat and the zombies disappear in the fog and fade to black.

Show movie title then go flashback to people preparing for hurricane where the movie really starts and follows a different group of people in thier bid for freedom.

I think it could work! ;)"

Well, you certainly "fleshed" it out a bit.

I actually, assuming the hurricane wasn't reality, think it would make a good movie. At least a fun one. But I like the new breed of fast moving zombies.

Uwe Bolls is the one that kills whatever project he lays his hands on, no? Or is that Paul Anderson?

Both are bad although Uwe Boll is much worse. ;)

I didn't know that it was humanly possible to be worse than Anderson, however I must admit that Battlefield Earth with John T. WAS the worst piece of shi... lort, to ever grace my TV.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Fifth element is more widely liked than Battlefield earth, what scared me was that one of my former roommates was obsessed with the evil race in battlefield, insisting they were the ultimate race :wub:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Good grief, I step out and we've taken hurricanes to B movies.

Viewed with a twisted sort of logic, I can see how we ended up here. Okay, back on topic.

The situation is New Orleans is truly horrible and it just seems to be getting worse. This may very well be the absolute worst natural disaster in our history. The authorities are talking about deaths in the thousands.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The situation is New Orleans is truly horrible and it just seems to be getting worse.  This may very well be the absolute worst natural disaster in our history.  The authorities are talking about deaths in the thousands.

Yeah, I agree. And before anyone goes all like, "Oh, what about the tsunami in south asia" crap, I do believ Eldar is speaking of US history :wub: Anyway, I must say, it surprises me, well, surprise isn't the right word, but it's strange to read in the news that people are looting/raping/killing etc. instead of helping each other, no matter what the circumstances. I feel perplexed when I read it. If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

The situation is New Orleans is truly horrible and it just seems to be getting worse.  This may very well be the absolute worst natural disaster in our history.  The authorities are talking about deaths in the thousands.

but it's strange to read in the news that people are looting/raping/killing etc. instead of helping each other, no matter what the circumstances. I feel perplexed when I read it. If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

Well, New Orleans is a pretty rough town, my friends sister and I once got shot at(in our general vicinity) for not giving someone(crackhead) my change outside a gas station

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The 5th Element was one of of my top 3 best movies ever.

Speaking of fast moving zombies, the sequel to 28 Days Later is set for filming next year. Should be good.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, I agree. And before anyone goes all like, "Oh, what about the tsunami in south asia" crap, I do believ Eldar is speaking of US history :p Anyway, I must say, it surprises me, well, surprise isn't the right word, but it's strange to read in the news that people are looting/raping/killing etc. instead of helping each other, no matter what the circumstances. I feel perplexed when I read it. If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

Humans are greedy and there will always be at least a few who try to take advantage of every situation, by looting raping pillaging and otherwise running amok. because there is no authority, just like what happened earlier on this board when you guys went from the hurricane to scifi flicks just because Eldar turned his back...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, I agree. And before anyone goes all like, "Oh, what about the tsunami in south asia" crap, I do believ Eldar is speaking of US history :p Anyway, I must say, it surprises me, well, surprise isn't the right word, but it's strange to read in the news that people are looting/raping/killing etc. instead of helping each other, no matter what the circumstances. I feel perplexed when I read it. If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

But what about Vesuvius?!!

Yeah, I agree. And before anyone goes all like, "Oh, what about the tsunami in south asia" crap, I do believ Eldar is speaking of US history :thumbsup: Anyway, I must say, it surprises me, well, surprise isn't the right word, but it's strange to read in the news that people are looting/raping/killing etc. instead of helping each other, no matter what the circumstances. I feel perplexed when I read it. If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

Humans are greedy and there will always be at least a few who try to take advantage of every situation, by looting raping pillaging and otherwise running amok. because there is no authority, just like what happened earlier on this board when you guys went from the hurricane to scifi flicks just because Eldar turned his back...

That was the fault of the zombies...

Speaking of fast moving zombies, the sequel to 28 Days Later is set for filming next year. Should be good.

I wish that was a joke, but I know its not. If its sucessful who cares about the previous storyline, make another movie by all means.

I guess they could always use the "alternative ending' and all, I have to ask, is the same guy directing it?

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

If one were to draw a parallel concering how people act with the how people acted during the disaster in south asia, is it really culture that affects our actions so much? Or is it something else?

Just because people are 'poor' doesn't mean they're 'low class'. And vice versa. If all North American people in such an extreme situation acted that way, maybe a parallel might be drawn ... but earthquake, flood, hurricane or blizzard, they don't.

Holy crap. Apparently Bush and his cabinet have refused foreign aid. :)

All we're short on is people and oil, we don't need monies, why not let the Canucks, Russians, and Brits who offered to help do so. :)