Reasons for replaying

What's your attitude to the game on your first (maybe more) replay?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What's your attitude to the game on your first (maybe more) replay?

• Hope the next combo are just as fun as the played one
    • Optimistic that the next combo will not be as disappointing
    • Doubtful that the next combo will not be as disappointing
    • Bought it; may as well milk it for all it's value
    • Nothing, because I won't play it again
    • Nothing until the Restoration Project is done
    • Other (post)

Combos = any variations; class, gender, alignment, Revan

Games like KotOR are designed to be replayed and K2 has obviously disappointed more people than usual, or at least there are many well known views.

After your first game and finding out about everything (story, bugs and cut issues), what was your attitude when starting that next game.

Obviously if you don't have a very good mindset when you decide you won't play it again <_< .

After my first game of K1 it was basically in a rush to start a new game. I managed to hold myself off for two weeks since I didn't want the game to get boring too quickly since a lot of the stuff you do is the same. Anyway, that mind set would be equivalent to the first poll option.

But this is K2, and I just started my first replay and well, as a sort of indication, I've already used the Skip Peragus mod... :sorcerer:

I vote #4 (milking it's value), since I acknowledge there will be fun bits but really it'll be more mechanical and no real anticipation or effort to get into the story.

(the assumption about the Restoration Project is that you have no urge to play the game until it comes out, in which you'd be very eager and hopeful :wub: )

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I voted "other" ... so I'll explain ...

I like the game - it's a good distraction (flawed, buggy, and rushed - but still a good distraction). I like investigating all aspects of the game, not just class combos, but the side quests (and the different ways to complete them), DS/LS choices, influence choices (and the resulting dialog), etc., etc.

Nearly all my PC's end up being basically the same by the end of the game (which was kind of dissappointing with my second playthrough - I was expecting a Consular/Master to be significantly different from a Sentinel/Watchman - the main differences are less skills (which was frustrating) and access to Force Forms (which was cool)). There's just not enough distinction between one 30th level Jedi to the next - the final quests (Ravager and Malachor V) are almost exclusively hack and slash.

I've played many of my replays just to explore more of the game - not so much the class combos. For example, I recently played a DS Sentinel/Lord with the sole goal being to get access to the deeper background of HK-47, G0-T0, and Hanharr - which was worth it. The game I finished today was played in order to explore the Name Crystal - when does it "level up" (PC Level 12, 15, ... 30, 33) and can it change "color" based on LS/DS shifting (yes). Other games have been played with a certain personality types in mind (superficially self-centered, but ultimately good - manipulative - saintly - diabolic - light saber combat master - force power master).

I guess you could say I'm "milking the game for all it's worth", but I'm just now starting to reach the point where I think I've seen just about everything there is to see - and I've played through probably a dozen times. I play it because it's still interesting to me, not out of some desire to "get my money's worth" - I did that with the first few playthroughs.

My reasons:

1: Getting me excited about KOTOR III

2: Playing it the second time around gave me a better feel for the storyline (since I again played a LSF Exile)

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

I picked other. There are several reasons:

1. Loot I haven't seen before.

2. Explore the details of the game - K2's story is deep and filled with subtleties. The fact that the game is unfinishes makes revelations scarce, so replaying tends to shed some more light on stuff or put them in a different perspective entirely.

3. Because I feel like it...

K1...

First time lot of fun, so immidiately went replaying it after completion to see the DS-things

K2...

Played DS first, after WTF though maybe LS had a better ending and such, but nope.

Dissapointed again, though alot better since I knew the "Forced path" now...

Ah well, the second time it was fun making my Teammembers Jedi. I found them so %^#%#^% annoying the first time I didn't even talked to them that often after the first time (DS, so no 1 convo Jedi Mira, no 1 convo jedi Disciple, since male, and no fight and Jedi Handmaiden, since I liked Visas for some odd reason, thought the game)

And the rest? Bao-Dur never talked, Atton was too late to get any influence (Nar Shaddaa last planet). Due to Nar Shaddaa last no influence with HK and Go-to...

Ah, the fun... not <_<

Any enthusiasm I had for playing this game evaporated on the second playthrough, when I realised that the entire endgame is scripted exactly the same, regardless of what I do.

I may load the game again, to play the content mod. Or not. If I do, I won't play the game again afterwards; there are too many better games out there.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My first time through, I had a 'typical game' mindset, not paying a lot of attention or knowing what to expect. I think that added to the WTF moment; and I really thought I'd messed up somewhere. While the story still has a rushed and incomplete feel, I replay to listen to the subtleties and pick up information I may have missed; it seems like there's always something. I also like messing with the influence system, to see how fast I can make Jedi party members. I think after 6 or 7 playthroughs, though, I'm done until the restoration team's release, so I can make a fresh judgment on the game as a whole.

"Other"

I replay it to get access to all dialogue and companion backstories, as well as to see the game play out from both LS and DS, and both male and female.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Other...

To experiment with first class/prestige class, to toy around with the Jedifying party members, to learn their backstories, just because I can, and because I want to turn them all DS. (Currently Playing a DS game without killing the Jedi Masters at first, so I'll see what happens at end game even though it's mostly the same)

Finding new and exciting glitches

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

i replay because i download mods from

www.pcgamemods.com

www.lucasforums.com <= search through it

thats what makes me replay this game over and over when i feel like it. Some of the stuff on both sites is amazing that it does make gameplay more enjoyable. Aswell as fixing some bugs in the game, e.g. turquoise saber always on when entering new area.

Well, I keep playing because I know that I haven't heard every single piece of dialog. As a matter of fact, every single playthrough I heard a new piece of dialog. Just this last time, as a a LSF Exile and LSM Revan I got to see the holo recording that Bastila left in T3-M4. Also, I've beat the game 8 times and I still have't even touched the Jedi Counselor/Jedi Master/Sith Lord classes. And plus, I'd like to try and get light/dark side mastery for my companions...at least some of them anway. I've only gotten Lightside Mastery for Atton once...and that was a while back. Also, Iv'e never gotten good influence with Hanharr before. But finally on my ninth playthough, I'm playing as a Jedi Counselar. But I've given it a rest for a while, so I've been playing Thief 3 these past couple of days.

Any enthusiasm I had for playing this game evaporated on the second playthrough, when I realised that the entire endgame is scripted exactly the same, regardless of what I do.

Have to agree on this one. If I am ever to replay this game I will have to use the skip Peragus mod; that level is too tedious after the first play through.

Maybe I'll replay this game just before a possible Kotor3, but otherwise it will be gathering dust on the shelf. :thumbsup:"

When I dig up one of the KOTOR CDs from the pile on my desk, I'm usually thinking that whatever brand-new game I just bought and burned through in 5 hours was a huge rip-off. Except with a lot more cursing, which I'm too polite to post :thumbsup:

Between modding the game and having a horrible memory, I usually find something I think is new, or at least a little different. The save game editor is fun, too.