The PS3 without a HD? Guess what the Xbox 360 ...

Drakron

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!

billgate1by.jpg

:thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

HEIL!!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Why does it matter? I mean about Epiphany being here or not. If he was wrong, then he was wrong, and that's that. There's no need to bait...

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

• 1 month later...

Why Microsoft Hates Blu-ray

• from the daggers-drawn dept.
    posted by Zonk on Friday October 07, @18:40 (Movies)

An anonymous reader writes "The private feud just became public.

Apparently, Gates yelled at Sony's CEO because the new copy

protection Blu-ray has adopted would prevent players from streaming

content to the Xbox 360. Since the PS3 will have Blu-ray support but the

Xbox 360 only has a plain DVD drive, this means PS3 will be the only

console that can play HD movies. Also, Paramount just announced support

for Blu-ray and Warner Brothers may also jump ship. Will VHS vs.

Betamax turn out differently this time?"

Slashdot Stories for 2005-10-08

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Backwards compatibility will not work without the harddrive.  That's how.

Personally I don't really care about the technical specifications of the systems.  What really matter is the games.  If there are more games I want to play on the X Box 360 then I will get that.  If there are more games I want to play on the PS3 I will get that system.  Beyond that who gives a smeg that one system has blue ray and the other does not.  Who gives a crap if one has a hard drive or not? 

Only the games matter.

I think it goes beyond that. I'd be seriously pissed off if I owned more than 5 Xbox games and they were not backwards compatible. The other major issue with the 360 is it has a DvD , now thats obsolete tech even today so what do you think it will be in two years time ?

Thats why I'm very dubious about getting one. Aside from one game I've seen which happens to be an MMPORG I'm kind of underwhelmed since it seems to be a case of more of the same with prettier graphics and extra

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I'm getting a PS3 because it is backwards compatible with my humonguous PS2 library of games. Also, I want to get my hands on a BluRay player..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Why?  Was the Sega genesis backwards compatible with the Sega Master System on release?  How about the N64 being backwards compatible to the old 8 Bit NES?  There are only 2 games on the Playstation side that I consider Must Have and that is Lunar 1 and Lunar 2.  It would be rather silly of me to buy a PS3 to play just two games.

As long as the system can play the games I like to play tech specs are pretty much meaningless to me.  Besides I do own more than 5 X Box games and if I can't use them on the X-Box 360 then guess what.  I use them on my X Box.  Problem solved.

Back then I never used to buy more than one or two games per console for that very reason.I didnt want to be stuck with 100's of useless titles when the next machine came along. Plus of course the PS2 changed the rules when it came to backwards compatibility. You could hold on to your old Xbox and play Xbox games, but I'd rather not waste the space.Plus of course you can usually trade in the old unit when the new one comes along too. The other issue is that when you have your shiny new console and you finish with the only game you happen to be interested in, then it gathers dust. Bit like my PSP currently does.

Thats why I'd give the DS the edge over the PSP because between DS releases (there was nothing I wanted to play for around 3 months) I played GBA games and so the unit was worth having. Otherwise it would have been far more sensible to wait a year and get both the hardware and the software at a much cheaper price.

Having a Blu Ray player built in will probably mean the PS3 will cost about

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Is space that precious of commodity where you live?  I live in a rather spacious 3 bedroom apartment.  I have the space to waste.  :-

Yep when you have a wife and her sister with a bunch of consoles space becomes a big consideration. Plus the hassle of having to constantly plug and unplug things.

478327[/snapback]

Just get a masterboard that you plug everything into.  They sell them at Gamestop where I live.  You can hook up to 8 consoles to a Television and simply switch between them at a press of a button.

Already have one of those. Interesting thing is that 8 consoles wont actually fit into a home theatre unit

478327[/snapback]

Anyway to get back to the point. Last thing I read said that it was possible that the PS3 wouldnt include a hard drive but it wasnt definate. But even so , if MS are planning to give away Live with the 360 isnt a harddrive an essential rather than luxury anyway?

478327[/snapback]

xbox 360 will come with xbox live silver edition in which you CAN NOT play games live, but rather watch people play games or somethin along those lines. you still have access to it but there is less content and you can't play as many games? thats what I heard.

Both systems are going to be amazing. and I read somewhere that they want people to play games live cross consoles so a person playing ps3 can play a game aganst someone playing a xbox 360. the games wont differ in graphics very much because many of them will be for both consoles. the only games that will show off both of the systems amazing graphic potential will be exclusive to the xbox360 or ps3.

My two cents.....and ive already bought my 360 just waitin for the day it comes.

Edited by Jedihuh?

Nintendo is screwed, isn't it?

Why does everything I love die?

Not really, Nintendo might not have huge numbers, but when it comes to profits they made more than MS this time around. The Xbox cost MS millions in loses where as the GC was actually making a profit on hardware even at it's low price.

There are probably enough core nintendo supporters to keep them going for a while yet. Actually I was looking over the released soon lists and I want 7 out of the top 10 nintendo releases.

478327[/snapback]