Grey Jedi

Which is the best program ever! When I get special crystals from the mods I got, I don't have to figure out the code to get them I can find in the items menu and press that magic button.

I played a Gray Jedi, but I think we're defining them differently (I prefer the English spelling, grey, but in the SW universe it's gray, apparently).

A Gray Jedi, as it says on the Gray Jedi Robe description (which I wore from the time I got it onward), is one who has been taught the Jedi ways but does not affiliate themselves with the Jedi(or, I assume, the Sith). How neutral you are is not an issue... I was a Light Side Gray Jedi (I just played myself, as always, and that's how it worked out). I think, had the game been designed differently (I have some ideas), I'd have ended up with a somewhat darker morality rating, but the way it's set up, I was maxed out Light Side for most of the game.

Most NPC's didn't seem to take a hint though... every chance I got I mentioned that I wasn't a Jedi, not officially anyway, and no one bought it. I finally gave up and let the Jedi comments pass.

1. SW is written by US citizens, so they use American English (sic). This does not make the term "Gray" acceptable, it merely underscores their illiteracy.

2. I think you are over-simplifying the alignment system, which is easy to do, because GL has never mentioned anything more than Light and Dark, yet RPGs generally use a minimum of two-dimensional co-ordinates for alignment: Good-Evil and Choatic-Lawful axes.

Thus it is perfectly feasible to have a Lawful Good Jedi and a Chaotic Good Grey Jedi, for example. (I think Qui-Gon Jin was CG.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

so, how do you go about getting either Hanharr or Mira if you're playing as a grey jedi? (I kind of like the English spelling better, too)

do you just go one way or the other for a little while or what? I mean, it seem like there's no way to stay neutral the whole time because of that.