Difference in verbal acoustics

Atreides

Relationships between men are often more formal and structured. I've noticed that men cope much more efficiently and quickly in a command structure than women. [we're talking averages here, before you bite my head off]

Maybe this is why we don't develop that portion of the brain so much?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have real trouble understanding people with accents sometimes :blink: I wonder if thats because people who speak in accents and dialects have misdeveloped brains? :p

It is awkward to have to ask a person to repeat themselves three times or more. Ive tried pretending to understand them and just go "yes" and smile, but that gets awkward too if they dont buy it :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Relationships between men are often more formal and structured. I've noticed that men cope much more efficiently and quickly in a command structure than women. [we're talking averages here, before you bite my head off]

Maybe this is why we don't develop that portion of the brain so much?

According to the theory, women tended to stay at home with the 'tribe' and look after the kids etc. whereas the men went out and hunted (thus their supposedly better visual spatial skills)...

I'd go into more detail but my brain is mush and I seem to have misplaced my lecture notes somewhere... :p"

DL

P.S. I'm not the type of person to bite people's heads off :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

It is awkward to have to ask a person to repeat themselves three times or more. Ive tried pretending to understand them and just go "yes" and smile, but that gets awkward too if they dont buy it :(

I've never had someone not fall for my bluff like that. I've had so much practice with my brother that now the standard greeting when meeting new people is to tell them "And this is xxxxxxx, just smile and nod." I get lot's of funny looks for that at first, but after 30 seconds of actually talking to him they get it. :-"

Ive tried pretending to understand them and just go "yes" and smile, but that gets awkward too if they dont buy it :(

Especially if she's asking "does this dress make me look fat?" or something like that.

DL: "Do you think this dress makes me look fat?"

Kaftan Barlast: "Yes." *smile*

DL: *bites Kaftan's head off*

yes! finally an excuse for not listening! :D

nodding and agreeing can lead to some awkward situations..... :cat:

for example

Alia: maybe i should just dump him and go out with you then (she was joking)

Me: yeah that sounds about right

Alia: really?!

Me: yep, definitely

Alia: *gives me an odd look*

Me: what?

Alia: are you serious?

Me: of course!

oops...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

DL: "Do you think this dress makes me look fat?"

Kaftan Barlast: "Yes." *smile*

DL: *bites Kaftan's head off*

Launch says shed never take me shopping with her :(

The worst situation was the one where my neighbour stopped talking to me(this is what I think he said in tetrospect) its not even funny:

-Hi!

-Hi! Are you going fishing?

-No, Im taking the boat to Bjur

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

That's why they all come to Copenhagen instead Kaftan, we understand em... most of the time. :shifty:

Anyway, I will always treasure male company after having spent 3 years in a Language Line High school class with only 4 guys (me included) and 20 girls... "WOW!", I hear you cry, "AWESOME!" - But just you wait, the amount of girly babbling, intrigues, not to mention PMS days will swiftly make you regret it, I know I did. :thumbsup: (no offence girls, but this was just too much)

Oh and one of the guys was called Blondie... by the girls, so yeah.

As for a singer, well George Michael has a very beautiful singing voice imo.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

yes! finally an excuse for not listening!  :D

You need an excuse not to listen?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.