Difference in verbal acoustics

Atreides

We can't understand them because our brains go in straight lines, while theirs are curved.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I admit that I'd rather hear a woman's voice than a man's. I'd also rather look at a woman. You can extrapolate from the previous two sentences many other factors.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd rather hear a woman singing than a man.. but damn, when a woman starts babbling about how she ate an apple and keeps going for an hour or so.. I just zooooom out.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Ha. Reminds me of a psych tv show on a week or so ago.

A group of men and women were sat in front of a tv, watching some fake newscast. The men all took more notice of the woman speaking, but couldn't recall a thing (to a man) about what she had said! :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'd rather hear a woman singing than a man.. but damn, when a woman starts babbling about how she ate an apple and keeps going for an hour or so.. I just zooooom out.

I'm glad my wife isn't home. I was guffawing over this one. Yeah, it's true. ;)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I'd rather hear a woman singing than a man..

I think men are more pleasant to listen to when they can actually sing. A man's voice is just more.. interesting I suppose.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'd rather hear a woman singing than a man..

I think men are more pleasant to listen to when they can actually sing. A man's voice is just more.. interesting I suppose.

Looking through my collection of music I can say that I don't own a single song that is sung by a woman. :-

Looking through the my parents collection of music there are a couple cds that are done by women although all by the one lady. The rest are all of male singers.

Depends on the genre. Pop doesn't require good singers, for example.

One of the best male singing voices for ever is James Blunt.

Women, though, seem to be able to create a more uniformly melifluous tone, witness:

• Eva Cassidy
  • Karen Carpenter
  • Just about every soul singer, like Aretha Franklin.

Sure there are a few males who can produce a good tone, but they rarely provide a full "even" tone: more harsh and powerful.

Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Andrea Bocelli, Dean Martin, et alia can all carry a tune remarkably well, but they don't seem to have the bredth of tone that the ladies do.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I agree with Meta, but then I'm a fan of the lady singers of the forties and fifties, so I would. Don't forget though, that much of modern music is processed to feth by a producer. You aren't hearing the real deal. Now live jazz singing... you have to have a woman. (totally outrageous posing here) :p

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

He was brilliant, but his singing voice is not necessarily the brilliance we refer to; his attitude, his genre-creating boldness, his outright charismatic sex appeal, but not his singling voice (which wasn't bad, just doesn't compare to Karen Carpenter or Eva Cassidy).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm glad my wife isn't home. I was guffawing over this one. Yeah, it's true. :o

I suppose there's a threshold where you want to encourage them to talk and they go off the deep end.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

Males are notoriously poor communicators, especially compared to females (on average).

Men can spend their entire adult life as friends and not pass on simple information, like why their partner left them, or how their parents died.

Women can exchange their spouses bedroom habits with another they met in a crowded washroom.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My girlfriend talks longer on the phone with people who got the wrong number than I do with my closest friends. Of course, my phone conversations most often goes like:

*ring*

"Hello, it's mkreku?"

"Hi, it's [insert random friend here], you doing anything?"

"Naah, come over and we'll think of something."

"Sure, see ya!"

"See ya!"

*click*

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It is a mistake to confuse much talk for good communication skills. Many men simply realise they have nothing important to burden a listener with. This is superior communication, grasshopper.

-Elwood Blues

It depends what you consider important information, and what your purpose in communicating is. If the purpose is to pass on information , conversation will be quick, but this isn't always the case; if it's to maintain a relationship or to understand how the other person is feeling, it will likely be longer.

I have a (male) friend who talks incessantly about football, and I'm as good at zooming out from him as from my sister who talks about home improvements the whole time. You wouldn't want to let her loose on the 'favourite colour/how many colours are there?' thread because she could probably name them all.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I think country music, especially depressing country music is best sung by a lady. I dunno, there's something about a deep, bitter feminine voice that appeals to me. I also think that the old pre-Rock & Roll vocalist stuff (has it got a name?) is suited to male and female voices.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

My girlfriend talks longer on the phone with people who got the wrong number than I do with my closest friends. Of course, my phone conversations most often goes like:

*ring*

"Hello, it's mkreku?"

"Hi, it's [insert random friend here], you doing anything?"

"Naah, come over and we'll think of something."

"Sure, see ya!"

"See ya!"

*click*

Mine go like:

*ring*

*grunt* <- me

"blah blah blah" <- the other guy

*grunt*

"blah blah blah"

*grunt*

"blah blah blah"

*grunt, hangs up the phone*

I don't like them devil machines.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Hmmm. I actually like talking with women. With men you talk either about women, sports or cars. And the discussion is rather simple.

(about women)

"OMG! Did you see the rack on that one. I would like to put my head between those babies!"

(about cars)

"Dude, 600hp! Sweeet."

(about sports)

"Ha! Finns are going to lose again! They

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.