How about a monthly newsletter?

GhostofAnakin

And other than NWN:2, we can't really disclose anything at all about our other project (projects?:().

-Akari

Come on Akari, you can trust me o:) Not to sell the information on eBay and makes a few grand. :-

I take it, then, that Chris A. likes to talk about himself?  Who is Chris A., anyhow?  :D

The big scary man who likes to beat me :(

I'm tempting to say KOTOR 3, but then I might find this thread linked all over the internet by Bastila Skywalker as proof of K3's development.  :-"

Okay than I'll say this. Craig Inc. is making KOTOR3. We only have one member. He doesn't know any thing about how to make a game. Craig's dream is to become a monkey and that's all he thinks about. He also thinks KOTOR3 needs some flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz, so they'll be your team mates. He thinks a blueberry muffin would make a good final boss. He thinks we should get rid of combat all to together because it's too violent. We have not received the OK to make it from Lucas Arts and we don't have any money. :( Things don't look good.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The restrictions on what we can share about NWN:2 haven't losened up yet, though I think that will be changing in the not too distant future and we'll be able to discuss things in a little more detail.

Damn shame the NWN2 boards were relocated. It would be nice to have some "designer ramblings" for NWN2 too. :lol:

However, does that prevent you from making casual comments about the game in these boards? :lol:

And other than NWN:2, we can't really disclose anything at all about our other project (projects?:lol:).

-Akari

I wonder how much speculation this could cause if seen by the wrong people (ie. Bastila Skywalker). :ph34r:

ZOMG OBSIDIAN IS MAKIGN TEH KOTOR 3!!!!!1 LOLOlOL

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The problem is that there just isn't a lot to say at this point.  The restrictions on what we can share about NWN:2 haven't losened up yet, though I think that will be changing in the not too distant future and we'll be able to discuss things in a little more detail.  Though, NWN2 chat generally takes place over on the Bioware hosted forum, so that might not help here much.

And other than NWN:2, we can't really disclose anything at all about our other project (projects?:shifty:).

There a lot of new hires here, but not everyone likes talking about themselves much either. That's why we always have Chris A. do all the talking-about-himself for all of us. ;)

-Akari

It is good to see a dev post after so long. I also searched in the members section under Developers and Moderators and Akari wasn't listed. For a while I thought OE lost our beloved Akari. It is nice to know you are still around.

As I said above, you don't have to give away details of the game so much, even though you are doing so on Bioware's site. You might recap some of what is already being said there for people who don't want to go to Bioware's site.

I think many of us would like to know a bit about the design process on the whole and what it's like to work there even if you don't want to give out personal info.

(As if we didn't already know Feargie is a fan of wearing nylons! :p )

Again, what is the process like? What kind of guys are you hiring? How many people are working on PNJ? What are the in-house D&D and LAN games like? Does MCA sleep with an inflatable Mira doll?

These are the burning questions we must know!

Edit: On project speculation, MCA has ALWAYS said they don't want to grow too much or do more than 2 projects at once. I imagine the only way they would want to violate the small family feel of the company would be to do KOTOR:3 and finish what they started.

The restrictions on what we can share about NWN:2 haven't losened up yet, though I think that will be changing in the not too distant future and we'll be able to discuss things in a little more detail.

Damn shame the NWN2 boards were relocated. It would be nice to have some "designer ramblings" for NWN2 too. :p

However, does that prevent you from making casual comments about the game in these boards? :shifty:

And other than NWN:2, we can't really disclose anything at all about our other project (projects?;)).

-Akari

I wonder how much speculation this could cause if seen by the wrong people (ie. Bastila Skywalker). :ph34r:

ZOMG OBSIDIAN IS MAKIGN TEH KOTOR 3!!!!!1 LOLOlOL

Really? I have to go start a thread to let everyone know right away!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It is good to see a dev post after so long.  I also searched in the members section under Developers and Moderators and Akari wasn't listed.  For a while I thought OE lost our beloved Akari.  It is nice to know you are still around.

As I said above, you don't have to give away details of the game so much, even though you are doing so on Bioware's site.  You might recap some of what is already being said there for people who don't want to go to Bioware's site.

I think many of us would like to know a bit about the design process on the whole and what it's like to work there even if you don't want to give out personal info.

(As if we didn't already know Feargie is a fan of wearing nylons!  :)  )

Again, what is the process like?  What kind of guys are you hiring?  How many people are working on PNJ?  What are the in-house D&D and LAN games like?  Does MCA sleep with an inflatable Mira doll?

These are the burning questions we must know!

Edit: On project speculation, MCA has ALWAYS said they don't want to grow too much or do more than 2 projects at once.  I imagine the only way they would want to violate the small family feel of the company would be to do KOTOR:3 and finish what they started.

Yeah, still around. Can't get rid of me that easily!

I don't read the NWN2 forums on the Bioware site myself, so I'm not sure what's been said there either. :)

In-house D&D games I don't participate in, so I don't know. The 'aftermath' stories sound amusing though. The LAN games consist of Battlefield 2 these last couple months, our first new game since we got hooked on UT2k4 last summer.

Project NJ is mostly hiring senior developers at this point. That project is still ramping up to full swing.

I'm not allowed to comment on inflatable Mira dolls. :shifty:

As far as KotOR3 speculations go, I can say with the utmost confidence that no one is working on KotOR3 at this time.

Here's a token cat icon :rolleyes:, since I don't think this exceptional emoticon sees nearly enough use.

-Akari

Someone had to do that. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...
Their working on FO4!!!!

That would certainly screw over Bethesda's attempt at FO3 would it not? :p

No, Fo3 comes out right, then like a week later BAM!

Fo4 is released before it's actaully announced, fulfilling MCAs longstanding dream (for those of us around way back when, pre-K2 announcement, you might remember MCA speaking on the subject)

And the real scoop is that FO4 is being made with Valve's Havok engine, and will be delivered in weekly instalments via Steam. :D

No, please. No more non-Valve games using Valve technology. We all know what the result of that was, last time anyone tried.

KTHXBYE

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And the real scoop is that FO4 is being made with Valve's Havok engine, and will be delivered in weekly instalments via Steam. :D

No, please. No more non-Valve games using Valve technology. We all know what the result of that was, last time anyone tried.

KTHXBYE

Tooooooooooooo late!

Super-duper-linkie-lookie

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I don't get it either meta. Why a fake link?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds