KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

(to finally get rid of the now kinda boring Ebon Hawk).

I can guarandamtee you that the PC of K3 will be flying around in the Ebon Hawk.

It is a character in the Revan Saga and also an Exchange ship....it is a plot device.

We will see it....we will fly it.

Ugrades, yes...more spontaneity, yes....but it will be the Ebon Hawk.

Environmental effects would also mean having wider variation with the sounds apart from the usual music of the different locations on the planets.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

How about maiking jealousy factor into relationships and influence?

A path to the darkside it could lead you.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

One thing that Fable did do better than KOTOR was making the environments feel real, with people actually doing stuff and Guards  kicking your arse when u did stuff wrong. But the emotions thing was complete crap.

Another good idea.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Well Gothic, and to an extent the Ultimas, did it years earlier, so I don't see any problem with adding it to the game.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My Idea's for Kotor 3

-- forget The Exile and Revan. They've gone to that great dark place in the sky where level 20+ champions who have saved the galaxy and are now monties that cannot be played anymore have gone. Bringing your level 36 exile back in a new game just isn't going to cut it... quit whining and accept that you start over with a level 1 every game.

-- More jedi classes ! I kind of like the notion of a scoundral / jedi consular / jedi master

-- More Jedi feats ! Even without using the cheats and the endless experiance wheels in Kotor II , I found that my consular had simply gotten every power he needed and was now simply grabbing whatever was there to finish the level up , knowing he would never use the stuff. And he didn't. Make the power and feat tree's bigger than 3 levels if you're next game is going to go to level 40 ....

-- of course having new jedi power tree's only open to elite classes would fix that wagon quick...expecially if certain tree's were only available to certain prestige classes..... ditto certain feats ....now you have a non jedi class and it's unique feats to choose from, then a jedi class and it's feats / powers , then a prestige class and it's unique feats / powers ...

-- Force Push should let you operate control panels in a basic way (open a door or such) though advanced functions you still have to walk up to it and interact as usual .

-- pazaak is boring , and swoop bike racing impossible on a PC (tried 10 times on even the simplest course on Telos...never came close to winning ) Some thing needs to be done there. maybe a slower ramp up with some charity races that arn't worth any credits ? and are a lot easier ?

-- "Security" should require lock picking tools ... you don't pick locks bare handed !

-- romance option...even if it's just one option. I would go with a varchar target , that is to say a target that switches to male if you're a female and female if you're a male... saves a lot on programming effort since most non romance options could be the same and you'd only have to do a little extra coding to include the opposite sex romance if the player wasn't the sex you expected. Dark siders, of course, get to execute their romance option, since there's no room for love on the dark side.

-- Chess game ... that one you saw in the first star wars on the millenium falcon with the animated creatures on a circular chess board ? That would be cool ... lot of chess fanatics out there playing computer games .... And besides ...it provides a cheap source of puzzels ( computer shows you a chess board ... which move will result in check mate ? ....very easy to generate dozens of mate-in-one puzzels )

The KOTOR series rules; however, I would like to see a force power added that allows you to disarm your opponents. Maybe "Weapon Disarm" and the targets blaster or sword will be ripped from their hands and discarded.

The chess game and the starting at a low level and progressing through three classes sound like a cool ideas, too.

Thanks,

If there's one thing I can ask for that WON'T be in KotOR 3, it's romances. No more ****ing romances. Romances are bad! BAD! BAD BAD BAD! They're ****. And I don't want **** in my game.

Dammit!

Nay. Romances = greatness. :huh: (as long as they aren't like they were in K2)

BTW, I think you'll find romance is one of the things a lot of people liked about K1 and disliked about K2. (seeing how the ones in K2 were lacking in existance)

Edited by Mothman

If there's one thing I can ask for that WON'T be in KotOR 3, it's romances. No more ****ing romances. Romances are bad! BAD! BAD BAD BAD! They're ****. And I don't want **** in my game.

Dammit!

Romances are good. We should have more of them. All RPGs should have several options for romance for the main character, and an assortment of options for NPCs. It would have been great in Kotor 2 to have a relationship develop between Atton and Mira, for example, if you consistently chose those two as your travelling companions.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Romances aren't good because, let's face it, there done really bad. Always. There has never been a good romance in any game. Being able to take a wife and stuff is alright, but overwrought and drawn-out "romances" are definitely not. Especially when the game forces you into them like KotOR tried ("Bastilla looks like something is wrong. Why don't you talk to her?"). Bah.

My suggestions and wishlist:

1. Replacement of "d20" system used in KOTOR1 & 2. It just doesn't seem to work right for a video game. Go for something closer to Final Fantasy. :cool:

2. More of Sith arts included and embraced; that means Sith Alchemy, Sith Sorcery, etc.

3. Subtler Darkside options; less overt brutality that goes right into combat, and more of the following goodies:

* "Don't push that button!" "[Press Button] You mean this button?"

* "[Persuade] You know, she's lying to you........."

* "[Force Persuasion] You will jump in the central square"

* Using Computer Use skill to trigger "accidents"

* "My new apprentice Lord Vader will take care of you"

* "I love the Republic. I love democracy."

* "[Force Persuade] You will honor your life debt by killing your best friend"

4. More Kreia style dialogue

5. More stealth action for Scoundrels/Sentinels/Watchmen/Assassins

6. Two words: Force Absorb

7. A Sith Lord who isn't a meatbag, blinded by power, or astronomically hungry.

8. Return of Jolee, Atton, and Mira; any continuity complications be damned!

9. Scene involving the fatal immolation or decapitation of Carth Onasi, preferably:

* At the hands of Revan

* By HK-47's own doing

10. Triple the length of the current two KOTOR games, at minimum.

11. Jedi/Dark Jedi/Sith robe dyes

12. Emphasis on the diplomatic nature of Jedi Consulars/Masters, and a twisted version for Sith Lords

13. Interactive holocrons

14. A visit to Coruscant, Corellia, or Alderaan

15. Lesbian/bi-curious romances

16. Teal lightsaber color crystals

17. Give HK-47 lots of new WMD's: Weapons of Meatbag Destruction :luck:

Edited by Topaz Quasar

1. Replacement of "d20" system used in KOTOR1 & 2. It just doesn't seem to work right for a video game. Go for something closer to Final Fantasy. :cool:

Fah! I'd rather have KotOR's crappy combat than the horror of horrors that is Final-Fantasy style turn-based. If anything, actually make it turn-based using an action point system like Fallout or Prelude to Darkness.

Maybe instead of lightsaber colors, the developers should focus more on choices that actually affect the gameplay. Oh, and fixing the atrocious starting levels.

If there is going to be any sound story in K3 to include romance-related dialogue, it would have to be based around something that is actually as real as it can be within the KOTOR storyline, instead of just having mere fantasising or simply due to physical attraction: Something that is actually earned and is related to the romance through the effort of playing as a PC rather than merely being dumped into the game without proper integration.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

There are 3 main approaches to combat in a cRPG:

1) True Turn Based (i.e. Final Fantasy)

2) Real Time (i.e. Jade Empire and the FPS crossover games)

3) Active Turn Based, also called "Multilayered" (i.e. KOTOR and Balder's Gate)

I think option 3 is the best approach for a cRPG. However, it is also the most difficult to implement because, if the AI is not great, this weakness will show up on this method of combat more than any other.

The problem with KOTOR d20 is not that it is multilayered combat but 3 main factors:

* the AI is not great

* the combat feat system is watered down (in the P&P SW RPG, you have prerequisite feats that lead to really specific and effective feats in combat).

* d20 is not ideal for uber-powerful epic characters...

d20 could still be used effectively, but, I admit, they will need to do a number of things to give us the kind of world class combat experience I think most of us are looking for...all in all, I think they should keep multilayered combat but implement a more granular system (such as in Morrowind or Third Age, for instance). I also really like the idea of being able to advance in a specific lightsaber form (Jade Empire has something like this).

Nuh-uh, you're generalizing combat approaches now. Don't do that. And anyway, FF isn't the only way of doing turnbased. Simultaneous turns and group turns(your then the enemies, whichever gets the initiative first) are also viable methods.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Nuh-uh, you're generalizing combat approaches now. Don't do that. And anyway, FF isn't the only way of doing turnbased. Simultaneous turns and group turns(your then the enemies, whichever gets the initiative first) are also viable methods.

Am I painting with a broad brush? Yes, and, under the circumstances, I think it appropriate.

My point is simply to illustrate how *I* believe that multilayered is the best option for KOTOR. While it may (arguably) be the best option for SW RPGs like KOTOR, the other options are viable and enjoyable in their element.

As it happens, I think one thing that the KOTOR combat could use (while still keeping it multilayered) is to have SQUAD COMMANDS like in the Tom Clancy games. I think that would be sweet.

4. More Kreia style dialogue

15. Lesbian/bi-curious romances

4. Yup, that's just what we need: more bitchy, critical, self-contradicting dialogue from a person who couldn't give a simple, straightforward answer to save her wrinkled hide. :shifty:

15. Only if they're done well. :lol:

Also, no more mercenary threats, please. In K2, it seemed the main threat to the galaxy was mercenaries. :ninja: And no more echoes, either.

Edited by Mothman

I dont get it. Which Final Fantasy ? The "lined up in row, strike, and return to position" turn based system ? Sorry but no way. Grandia2 would be better, but still no.

Jedi is about fencing, dueling with Lightsaber.

How can we enjoy those with Final Fantasy turn-based system ?

And how "slow" player able to enjoy those fast "slash and blocking" action ?

So i think the "d20" + auto-pause system in KOTOR1 & 2 system is simply the fine way to make the game enjoyable/playable for all type of players.

With more improvement of course :thumbsup: (ex. quicker response AI)