NHL is back

Cantousent

But the bottom line is that this Moore fellow still has the use of his limbs. That's good to hear. Anyhow, I didn't mean to boggart the thread. I was just curious.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Here's hoping for career years from Ryan Smyth, Chris Pronger, Mike Peca, Radek Dvorak, Marty Reasoner, Raffi Torres, Alexei Semenov, Jason Smith, Igor Ulanov, Steve Staios, Marc-Andre Bergeron, Shawn Horcoff, and Ales Hemsky.

It's not too much to ask!

Oh what they hey throw big Georges in there too!

eo021504e-11.jpg

And don't forget a career year for Fernando Pisani!!

I tihnk tampa just sealed their own fate. Sean Burke is way too injury prone to carry a team to the cup. Maybe the tandem with John Grahame will pay off, but neither of them is really a solid number one.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Having said that, I'm not sure if you've been in the Edmonton Area (you live in Saskatchewan don't you? Bah I can't remember), but the place is abuzz with hockey excitement.

I'm all geeked up, and am curious how everything is going to pan out. It's one of the rare times I can't clearly pick the obvious favourites in the conferences :rolleyes:

No Alanschu, I'm not residing in Sask. I am a born and bred Albertan. Actually I reside in the town that thinks its a city, Grande Prairie. I'm up north from you.

And the hockey buzz is all over the province, man! Today at work my friend and I spent time planning out our hockey pool, and then tried to make playoff predictions. You're right though, this is one season where you can't say that team X is guaranteed a playoff spot, unlike the past few years.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Unfortunately we only have two radio stations in our town. Country and top 40 crap. Eight matches between the two teams this season. Plus eight against the Canucks. It's going to be a really heated three way rivalry this year. Add the Avs to the list, and I can see the Northwest division being the most competitive out of them all. Don't forget, there was a lot of bad blood when the 'Nucks would come to town and spank our team, so I'm sure the Oil are looking for payback.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I remember hearing Pronger say that his three least favourite teams were Calgary, Vancouver, and Colorado >_<

Now he's probably just saying that, but it made me giggle (yes...giggle...not laugh...but I actually went "heheheheheh" with giddiness)

I can't wait for Big Bert to try to camp out in front of our net. First, Pronger is gonna whack his ankles with his stick. Then Bert will turn around and shove him. After that Bertuzzi will still be trying to screen the goalie, except Pronger will be there cross checking him in the back. Oh the goodness... >_<

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Gah, I need to see it before I can comment!!>!?#$1111

http://photos.yafro.com/pics1/i/e/5/8/6/5/...d8a910_full.gif

Its unfortunately open to interpretation. Some people think he's pushing him down, others, myself included, think he was falling and Bertuzzi just fell with him.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

He could fall naturally from throwing himself into the hit.  But his right arm comes up as he is falling, smashing Moore's head into the ice.  Watch the arm.

I saw the left arm come up the back, however it only made it as far as the shoulder blades. The right arm was mostly obscured by Moore's head. :geek:

Can't we just let the Bertuzzi thing go?

Today Pittsburgh made a dramatic improvement in goal by trading a draft pick to Chicago for J. Thibault. Pittsburgh just got a whole lot better. People may pan Thibault for not putting up great numbers with the 'hawks, but their defensive system really leaves a lot to be desired. And they played him until he was ready to drop. Now having MA Fleury to spell him will make them both better goaltenders. Philly versus the Pens in the east. Thats my prediction. Hopefully we can have another 5 hour game from them in the playoffs like we did a few years ago.

And Alanschu, I think the Sun reporters must have been lurking around here last night. Front page of sports asks 'How much for Ryan Smyth?' Me myself, I say give him three mil a year for three years, and not a penny more.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif