NHL is back

Cantousent

No. It was much like yesterdays paper. Only a page or three devoted to hockey. They do have a nice write up about Dan Smith, an up and coming defenceman who the Oil want to put in the system but the kid isn't sure if he wants to drop out of college just yet. Plus more Pam and Tommy **** in entertainment.

I'd say skip the paper today Alanschu, but go out for lunch just for the hell of it.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Thanks for the link. Joe Thornton + Glen Murray + a healthy Sergei Samsonov=many points in my hockey pool.

And the Oil just resigned Jarret Stoll. Looks like no room for the Moose.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=133022

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

i would like to correct myself and say the afformentioned article was about Matt Greene, not Dan Smith.

And I'd take Thibault on my team any day over Sean Burke.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

And Shawn Horcoff has joined a dozen or so odd players who filed for salary arbitration today. Also included in the list weere Marian Hossa, Matthias Ohlund and four players who were traded to the Islanders, including Mike York and Brent Sopel.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I thought they could only go to arbitration once in their career under the new CBA? Why do it already if that's the case? I don't see the logic.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I tried to read through the Arbitration section at NHL.com but for some strange reason I began to get a nosebleed... :blink:

I want to make a snappy remark about Toronto signing Berg and Belak but I feel too sorry for Mkreku. Hopefully Lindros will do good at the doctors. Chin up, little soldier. :huh:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Hey! If only Berg starts working out again and loses about.. 15 lbs. of fat, I am sure he can be a good fourth or fifth defenseman :)

I have no objections against Belak though? He can't play hockey, but he sure will come in handy against Philly..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Plus Belak sometimes picks up shifts as a forward, as well. So if Toronto scores a top defenceman, he could play a winger or something. And I forgot that Berg is a little bit of a butterball. Its amazing how any hockey player can carry excess fat, what with all the exercising and stuff.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

It looks pretty good for Philly about now

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Welcome back Laozi. Now that toronto has three proven centers, I have to ask the question ( sorry Mkreku), who's gonna play the wings? Tie Domi? Whats the deal with Alexander Mogilny? I don't think there is a lot of room in the TO budget left for anybody else. I had a dream last night where Georgie boy traded Sundin to the Capitals for Brendan Witt and a bunch of fourth liners. Just a dream... :p

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

You're right. Sundin gobbles up 15-20 minutes a night. This might be an interesting year for Leaf fans in that Mats may have some competition up front. But the key word here is maybe.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

A bit of me is hoping that the team absolutely tanks with inside bickering and whatnot.

There's also chemsitry concerns. People were slagging on Edmonton for having Chemistry concerns with respect to two players that seem very enthused to play here. I wonder how teams like Toronto and Boston are going to do?

Pronger and Peca fill voids and are going to play lots on the Oilers. Allison and Lindros are both behind Sundin. So many people just take the best stats and assume that Allison, Lindros, and Sundin are all going to have 100 point seasons while on different lines. That's pretty uncommon. I wouldn't be surprised if Lindros spent a bit more time at the wing.

Until his parents pull out some charts saying that player 'x' isn't passing to Eric as much as the other players. One of the replies on the TSN site suggested that John Leclaire should be brought in. Don't do it George, sign at least one new player who made it through the last season without any injuries.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I'm interested to see who becomes the Redskins of the NHL. You know a team that has, and will spend alot of money, but just can't get anything right.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.