NHL is back

Cantousent

Good for fergie!

Just got back from lunch, and that Sun article is exciting. It was cool listening to all the player's reactions, and like how you said Pronger just wants to play (I'm sure the responsibility of "just" being a marquee player will be enough :D) and lead by example and not step on any toes.

At the same time, Jason Smith commented that he recognizes the experience that both Peca and Pronger have with the 'C' and has stated that he has the utmost respect for them and has no problems sharing the leadership role with these guys.

Reading the paper got me all excited ;)

Here's hoping all three Western Canadian teams make it to the playoffs.  With Calgary bowing out in the first round, of course.

I'm hoping for a Vancouver/Calgary conference final with the 'Nucks winning in double OT of game 7. Vancouver needs to win the cup. I think they're the oldest team to never win a cup. They need better defence and goaltending though. Trading Sopel only weakens their defense so I hope they have their eyes on someone decent to replace him. As for goaltending, Cloutier is good, he's just not consistent. What they needed to do is ditch Cloutier and grab some ace goaltender who's almost ready to retire and have him mentor Auld. Auld's got potential. Though its not as fun to say as Cloutier.

Speaking of double OT, does the new shootout rule affect the playoffs or will it still go to multiple overtimes?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Uh.. Toronto hasn't won a cup in 40 years! Surely Vancouver cannot be worse off than that?

Did you miss the part where it said that Vancouver has never won the cup? According to the Wikipedia article they've been around since 1945. That beats Toronto's record of 40 years by 20 years.

Uh.. Toronto hasn't won a cup in 40 years! Surely Vancouver cannot be worse off than that?

Did you miss the part where it said that Vancouver has never won the cup? According to the Wikipedia article they've been around since 1945. That beats Toronto's record of 40 years by 20 years.

The Vancouver Millionaires won the cup way the hell back in 1915 before the NHL was even formed, but yeah, we've never won the cup in the NHL.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Hey, someone must have hit GFjr with a stick. Toronto made international news today by signing one of the most sought after RFAs on the market for a steal of a deal. Oh no wait, it was Tie Domi... o:)

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I agree with my roommate that Edmonton would probably benefit from a decent offensive centerman...but those are becoming scarce.

The only ones I can think of that are remaining are Allison and Lindros. And the rumors have Allison going to Toronto, as well as possibly Lindros (although I think I'd have mixed feelings about Lindros personally).

But perhaps it will be the Maple Laffs this year? :)

Come on, Lidnros! Sign with the Rangers!

geez.. The Rangers aren't even TRYING to win. Bunch of crap.Mr. GM, get off your butt and sign the players that can help. Pavel Bure can't win a cup or even make the play-offs by himself. It's abd enough the Rangers miss the play-offs 7 years in a row with no salary cap; but I fear they are gonna have the worst record this year. Theya ren't even trying now.

Someone better sign the Moose, or I'll hate the new NHL even more!

And, don't get me started with the shootout! That's just dumb. Worst new 'rule' they came up with - even worse than the salary cap.

*BARF*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Excellent. The Canucks resigned Morrison, so that means when Bertuzzi is reinstated our big Naslund/Morrison/Bertuzzi line is all there.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Khabibulin is gone. Gone to Chicago Blackhawks. There were rumours that Toronto were thinking about trading Belfour, but for whom? I wanted the Bulin wall, noone else.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think many of the Toronto trade rumours are bunk coming from Toronto fans with wishful thinking.

Apparently many of them see Lindros and Allison signing for mere change and bonuses (which they say aren't governed by the cap), STILL think a wierd three way deal with Thornton to Toronto, Daze to Boston, and Belfour to Chicago (despite the Khabibulin acquisition). At which point they also expect Kariya and Selanne to play for about a million each.

No offense mkreku, but many of your fellow Leafs fans are smoking too much ganja!

On a side note, I went to the Oilers rally for Mike Peca and Chris Pronger.....Pronger is a giant! :( Looking forward to seeing what happens here and what sort of deals Lowe can swing with the remainder of his budget. Rumours still have Kariya for a one year deal for 2.5-3 million :D

See, George Ferguson isn't dead!! Were there a lot of people at Oiler HQ, Alanschu? ( hey that rhymes). Every time I drive through Edmonton I go past that building and think, it must be so cool to work there.

I'm glad we have Uly and Jussi (rebounds) back for another year. With Kariya going to Nashville, I can't possibly see who we can sign ( aside from the Moose of course)

here's my idea for an opening day lineup.

Smyth-Peca-Dvorak

Torres-Horcoff-Hemsky

Moreau-Reasoner-Pisani

Laraque-Stoll-whoever fits the bill

Pronger-Semenov

Smith-Ulanov

Staios-Bergeron

And as great as Chicago may seem, they totally made a step backwards by signing Martin Lapointe... :(

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Kariya to Nashville? :( I'm a Leafs fan, but never really had any expectations of him signing with Toronto... But Nashville? Ah well... concussions and neck injuries are always tough to judge (they said Roberts would never play again after his), but if Allison can return to form he'll take some pressure off Sundin's line, whatever that will be.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Same was said when he and Selanne went to Colorado.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

He just seems to be the kind of guy who needs 18+ minutes a night to put up decent numbers. He was the big fish in a little pond in San Jose, and more so in Winnepeg.

I'm sad to see Brad May go to the Avs. He was a gritty role player for the 'Nucks. And maybe 'bulin going to Chi-town will open up the door for the Canucks to trade Cloutier and bring in Thibeault.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif