how many people despire malachor V

Guest The_lone_exile

I do despise Malachor. I preferred the Star Forge (and even that I found annoying, what with the endless swarms of Dark Jedi and all...), because at least the Star Forge was:

a) Star Warsy, had a real Star Wars feeling about it and fit with the plot a lot better (I know Malachor V fitted as well, but less... The transition is just brutal, they just throw you into half a game at the end of KotOR2).

b)Had other Characters from the party and otherwise, a lot of interaction, it felt alive, and the hacking and slashing didn't seem as random and pointless as it did on Malachor.

c) Had a great plot, dialogue, etc, and was really exciting. The thought I can remember most running through my mind all the way through Malachor V is "WTF???". None of that in the Star Forge.

Seriously, apart from maybe Big Rigs (if you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out), I don't think I've ever played an end level more worthy of a "WTF?" than KotOR2's.

N

- Malak respawning ten times was just uncalled for

You never got force drain did you? It's ironic but the way to make that battle much much shorter is to FD the dead bodies. That way Malak can't do it.

I liked The star forge mainly because I felt like I had a reason to be there. And because my opponents showed some sembalance of order (they followed Malaks orders to the letter) The droids on the Star Forge are easy because Destroy droid was a one hit kill at that point. The humans were another probem.

Frankly, the playing style I had for K1 was like the one that I used for K2.

K1 Class combo:

Soldier/Jedi Consular

The Soldier class gave me a slightly higher attack, but instead of putting points into strength, which I left at 16, I put my remaining points into wisdom until it was at 20. For the Malak confrontation, as I had mostly LS force powers, I just kept on casting Haste and kept on attacking Malak with two single lightsabers, using power attack. (I did not go for Critical strike nor flurry as my lightsabers were keened). Only towards the end of each round just before Malak ran away did I heal myself. (Had the Star Forge robes and the +3 bonus from LS mastery together with the Circlet of Saresh) with a pair of Dominator Gauntlets.

The Sith boss kept on leeching life from all the eight power cells, so I just healed once before preparing for the next round and whenever I had to. Besides, if you ask me, each round was not exactly a full round, as you did not have to deplete Malak's health down to the minimum, just around about the 50% mark and he would run away. By the time I had to heal again, I had already recovered most of my force points.

Same strategy for K2 and Malachor V except, that Power attack was considerably enhanced with triple damage, and I used LS Consular/Weapon Master with Force Enlightenment, against both Kreia and Sion. The items I had in K1 were almost the same for K2 also.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I just kept on casting Haste and kept on attacking Malak with two single lightsabers, using power attack. (I did not go for Critical strike nor flurry as my lightsabers were keened).

your sabers were "keened" and you were using power attack?! :wub:

in K1 all it does is add bonus damage, it doesn't have the whole knock down on a critical roll stuff like it does in K2

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

By the way, I had been using flurry previously in most K1 games before I changed my strategy to power attack after playing K2. Basically, changed it after I found power attack was enhanced in K2.

Point: Simply to show how Malak was not exactly that difficult to defeat whether it was LS/DS character that I took or any class combination in K1.

I already mentioned the difference in power attack before.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Pfaw... M5 was just wrong... by the time I got there I could force wave large groups to death. Sion was easy enough... force wave, master speed, master valor, in...

Kreia was the only thing that gave me trouble and only because I kept failing against her stasis/choke... round two with her wasn't all that difficult however.

Before I read the forums about all the cut content I kept waiting for this choice I had to make... certainly it couldn't have been which corridor I was going to wander aimlessly down as I waved sith minions out of my way.

Malak is easy enough to beat

i've beaten him as a LS scoundrel/consular without draining any of the jedis

i just used plague (to lower his saves) then whirlwind, and hacked away at him with my single saber (sneak attack helped though)

EDIT: ^^you should have used Storm. it's a lot quicker than Waving them to death :cool:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

For Sion, as I had been increasing my Persuade skill, I managed to erode his saves, although it was slightly redundant as I was already using master power attack, and there was one game where, somehow I managed to get my strength to 30 (modifier of 10), so my consular/weaponmaster PC just kept crashing down on him repeatedly. The other thing was basically healing which was ok as my lightsaber form was force channel. Attributes that I focused on: Wisdom and Strength.

The next fight with Kreia in that same game was ok. I only fled from Kreia about once or twice, but I just kept on bringing her health down with master power attacks. (like Zez Kai-Ell when fighting him, only for DS PCs) Besides, she would have to overcome twice my strength modifier in order to negate the power effect.

In the second round, I just hacked away at 2 of the lightsabers. Instead of destroying the third, I just went for Kreia, cast Force Enlightenment and simply used master power attacks.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Or you can just get Destroy Droid.

I did find Malak hard, until I found out that you can use Destroy Droid on the imprisoned Jedi. I just casted Master Valor and Master Speed and I saw his health go down very quickly.

Kriea was uber hard with a LS Consular/Master, if you level your Consular/Master properly, just cast Force Immunity, Master Valor and Master Speed and your good to go against Kriea.

I actually liked Malachor except for the confusing bits. It was pretty easy for the most part, but every once in a while I'd get killed by some crazy sith who would get the best of me. I liked the desolate feeling from Malachor, and I like the level better then the Star Forge. (Oh, how I hated the endless attacks on my party and how it would be impossible to get everybody to the door without at least one person passing out, which is why I use one character on the Star Forge now.) Some bad guys on Malachor were tough. I liked the Sion fight even though he was extremely weak in my opinion. The final fight is awesome though and I have trouble in that fight every time.

I concur

By the end of K2 everything, what there was of Trayus academy just seemed tacked-on, and the ending uber-lame.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

The whole Malachor was way too easy. From the first Storm Beast to Darth Sion and Darth Traya. It looked good enough to be the final level of the game, but it is nothing compared to the Star Forge.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Malachor V had so much potential, judging from the cut content

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

For Sion, as I had been increasing my Persuade skill, I managed to erode his saves, although it was slightly redundant as I was already using master power attack, and there was one game where, somehow I managed to get my strength to 30 (modifier of 10), so my consular/weaponmaster PC just kept crashing down on him repeatedly. The other thing was basically healing which was ok as my lightsaber form was force channel. Attributes that I focused on: Wisdom and Strength.

The next fight with Kreia in that same game was ok. I only fled from Kreia about once or twice, but I just kept on bringing her health down with master power attacks. (like Zez Kai-Ell when fighting him, only for DS PCs) Besides, she would have to overcome twice my strength modifier in order to negate the power effect.

In the second round, I just hacked away at 2 of the lightsabers. Instead of destroying the third, I just went for Kreia, cast Force Enlightenment and simply used master power attacks.

Just to add to the above, my K2 character had a Stabiliser mask (immune to stun, horror and fear), so I did not need to have Con 14 to get it on an implant. I basically used a Health package (Regenerate 1 vit point). Quite helpful against critical strike and force wave though.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧