how many people despire malachor V

Guest The_lone_exile

Guest The_lone_exile

i hate it, malachor V is all gloomy and just plain unpleasent to play, and once you get to the trayus academy it really gets boring and repetitive. I've beaten the game like 6 times already and i love the 1st 3/4 of the game a lot, but as it starts getting towards the end it gets less and less fun because i know ill have to play malachor V again.

Guest The_lone_exile

its not despair, i meant to say despise, but i mis-typed it....and anyways if my posts are so useless why would u take the time to reply to them...fool

I think it's meant to be 'despise', actually.

Edit: You already corrected it. :">

Quite a lot of people found it unsatisfying, though not everyone. If you loved the story and the character interaction of the game proper, the combat-heavy ending is disappointing. On the other hand, hacking through wave after wave of monsters in order to reach the final boss seems to be the norm in RPGs, and the final conversation is interesting, though not very satisfying.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest The_lone_exile

yea i agree, and i also find it funny that most rpg's make the last stage of the game take place in a gloomy unpleasent environment like malachor V, personally i think it would be much more appealing if they changed it to one of the sunnier worlds like the way onderon is

I don't "despise" Malachor at all. But I did find it to be the most boring of all the planets because of it's linearity. But then again most final "areas" are.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I think It would be better if it wasn't for the whole remote sequence...that's just utterly pointless...

Peragus is boring too, but at least you have party members to chat with...In Malachor you have to chat with your lightsaber :ermm:

I don't hate Malachor V. Of course it's gloomy and depressing - it's supposed to be. I have no problem with it on the outside, except for the cut stuff with GOTO and remote.

The trouble comes with all the stuff that was cut (what the h... happened to my companions?!?) and the fact that the Trayus core is just filled with cannonfodder dark jedi for no particular reason...

Except for the confrontation with Sion and the final showdown with Kreia, the Trayus core is just dull and boring with nothing but boring hordes of Sith to bash - if I want a monster-slashing dungeon, I'll play D&D or something like that. In KotOR2 I expect plot.

(maybe Peragus is worse too)

Atleast Peragus involved a lot of mysteries to solve. While NPC interaction was almost non-existant, atleast it felt like a RPG in that you were playing a role, trying to piece info together. Malachor was really one big hack fest to get to Kreia.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I thought Deck 2 was better than Malachor because at least on Deck 2 you do somthing other than slash your way through evil people. You have to do the Infinate Droid Puzzle that some people hate with a passion. I thought Malachor would have been better if the Remote had been removed. Plus it would take one of the reasons people come and ask questions here.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I thought Deck 2 was better than Malachor because at least on Deck 2 you do somthing other than slash your way through evil people. You have to do the Infinate Droid Puzzle that some people hate with a passion. I thought Malachor would have been better if the Remote had been removed. Plus it would take one of the reasons people come and ask questions here.

IMO, the difference between Malachor V and the Star Forge came down to interaction. While both were hack fests, atleast aboard the Star Forge you had that meeting with Bastila, you had Canderous giving his moving speech about how he'll stand by Revan no matter what. That kind of stuff. On Malachor V, there was no interaction with your party members.

No, Deck 2 is hack and slash only, far more than on Malachor V too...

And the "Most annoying" part of Deck 2 is the AI...

You need your teammates consious at the door to the next Deck, but if they are not knocked out, they usually refuse to run and get swarmed...

"You must gather your party before adventuring forth" got a whole new level of annoyance on that single map...

Also the "Think Droids" (Man, every spawnplace has a console, how long does it takes to figure out what to do) are on a different Deck..., so remind that when talking about Deck 2

(maybe Peragus is worse too)

I guess you have to be a chick to truly appreciate Peragus. :wub::huh:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

At least the star forge cuts off all open story lines. You know what happend to everyone, you know what happend to yourself, and you know for sure how everything ends. In malachor V, there are so many unawsered questions. How did the 'Ebon Hawk survive the fall? Did Bao-dur die? What was up with the remote and G0-T0? Did the exile survive? So, although both were encredibly boring hack and slash levels, at least one of them wrapped up the storyline.

"You must gather your party before adventuring forth"

:huh: Bad memories. Still, you can't say it wasn't challenging. :wub:

It's possible to compare the Star Force and Malachor purely on their own merits as gaming experiences. Alternatively, you can compare them in their original contexts as fitting (or not) end sequences to epic games.

The lead in to the battle on the Star Forge was handled much better. It was predictable, that's true, because it was well-foreshadowed. That helped it feel like a proper end to the game, and made it more fun, despite the tricky AI issues. By the time we arrived at Malachor, we've already skipped rather abruptly from Dantooine to Telos to the Ravager and then to Malachor, each time a little less sure of what's going on and with less control over party choice, without any sense of closure with your party - the first thing that happens on Malachor is that you're on your own. Why? Either they're alive, in which case, let's find them, or they're dead, so show me the bodies. Confusing, and that detracted from the experience.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

At least the star forge cuts off all open story lines.  You know what happend to everyone, you know what happend to yourself, and you know for sure how everything ends.  In malachor V, there are so many unawsered questions.  How did the 'Ebon Hawk survive the fall?  Did Bao-dur die?  What was up with the remote and G0-T0?  Did the exile survive?  So, although both were encredibly boring hack and slash levels, at least one of them wrapped up the storyline.

Some of those "answers" are actually quite obvious. Like, as far as your character goes... the Ebon Hawk doesn't grow a mind of it's own and leave you there, yet at the end of the game you see it flying away from Malachor V... no doubt your character is in there. What I don't get is why it doesn't look as bashed up as it was before it fell into the pits of Malachor V? Also, in her drawn-out death, Kreia/Darth Traya tells you what is to become of your allies, so you know they are alive... most of them. (Not real sure about T3-M4, HK-47, or Bao-Dur though...) You just don't know where the hell they are. Well, except Mira is on Malachor V if you have her instead of Hanharr... and you know she'll make it out alive, but you never see her board the Ebon Hawk before Malachor V meets its fate... again. And Bao-Dur's remote & G0-T0 are on the surface... other than that, who knows? If G0-T0 bit it when Malchor V exploded, I personally wouldn't be that upset... matter of fact, I'd be quite satisfied. He's worthless, and ugly as hell. The same applies to Kreia. (Although you KNOW she kicked the bucket...)

I would like to know what happened to everyone else though: Atton, Brianna (the Handmaiden), Mical (the Disciple), Bao-Dur, Mira (after her encounter with Hanharr... if that occurs for you), T3-M4. HK-47... I wouldn't mind it if he was somehow on the surface when Malachor V exploded... I don't have much use for him either, and I'd personally like to have a "protocol" droid accompany T3 in KOTOR III instead of an assassin droid. They don't mesh well, but C-3PO and R2-D2 do. But, maybe we'll find out all these things in KOTOR III. :)