Please welcome our new moderators!

I suppose I might be convinced to withhold my iron fist. :-

Actually, these fora are quiet. If there are announcements, then we can probably expect increased traffic. Still, it's not like the senior moderators, Guildmaster, Hydrogen, and Fionavar, have demonstrated a desire or inclination to stomp on folks indiscriminantly. Items clearly stated as off limits for the boards are fair game. You should expect, however, that the moderators are members of the community, just as they've been since they joined. We want to discuss, debate, and argue the issues as much as anyone else. We're not going to close down every interesting topic on a whim.

We must use our discretion, and I hope that our discretion proves wise. You want a great place to discuss Video games, and so do we.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Having a moderator is also a great way of getting the last word in every discussion.

"No, you're wrong. And you smell. Thread closed!!"

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Noo, being a responsible moderator I would never do such a thing. Abusing my powers? The thought that anyone is capable of it, makes me loose faith in all that is good and true about the world we live in.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

"Having a moderator is also a great way of getting the last word in every discussion.

'No, you're wrong. And you smell. Thread closed!!'"

Well, mkreku, you're wrong. AND you smell.* ...But the thread remains open! :D Okay, okay, I kid.

Listen, really, do you expect us to do that sort of thing to you? ...And I don't know all your posts, but I don't remember you being particularly troublesome, so why worry? You're not going Troll on us, are you?

We get together and discuss. *grin* That's how fora work. It's not like we're going to want to prevent actual discussion. If a bit more of the spam gets chopped or the maybe a thread or two gets pruned, so what? Most folks who spam know they're doing it.

It's not rocket science. Most folks know, deep down, when they're going over the line. ...Or at least most folks suspect they're getting close to it.

So, you come to the boards, agree, disagree, debate your friends. It's all good. Every now and then, a thread is closed or a person gets a warning. It's not so bad a price to pay for having a stable community.

Of course, I think Authority is a bit unstable as he is, but I'm sure he'll be a great moderator. :-

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Having a moderator is also a great way of getting the last word in every discussion.

"No, you're wrong. And you smell. Thread closed!!"

Indeed. The "End Of Thread" taken to a whole new dimension. :-"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So does this mean I have to behave in our Vampire pen and paper game since two mods are in our group? :-

*scratches off plans on piece of paper* :ph34r:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Noo, being a responsible moderator I would never do such a thing. Abusing my powers? The thought that anyone is capable of it, makes me loose faith in all that is good and true about the world we live in.

I hope your wisdom will grow with your power, and teach you, that the less you use your power the greater it will be.

BTW, congratulations and good luck to all new moderators and Fio. :-

So does this mean I have to behave in our Vampire pen and paper game since two mods are in our group?  :ermm:

*scratches off plans on piece of paper*  :ph34r:

No, treat them with the usual dignity that you usually would. On the other hand, you can always "accidently" hurt their characters if you feel like it. *oops*

Does this mean we have a moderator who is schizophrenic echo, a wound in the forum?

(Hehe the moderators lose their levels: they are MODERATOR level only!)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

No, Hydrogen, you are a GLOBAL moderator. I am merely a moderator.

*Eldar Bows to the floor.*

You're servant, madam.

Obsidian Plays

No, Hydrogen, you are a GLOBAL moderator.  I am merely a moderator.

*Eldar Bows to the floor.*

You're servant, madam.

Madam? I always thought Hydrogen was a dude. :ermm:

I've always been a Madam. (Not to be confused with being a Madame)

I will admit that it is difficult to tell online what with so many transgender avitars, but the truth is out.