KOTOR II Wins Best RPG of the Year at G-Phoria

It's a good thing I don't base my dislikes, and likes for games base don silly awards.

KOTOR2 was good. About as good as KOTOR1. Neither one is even in the same league as the AWESOME JE.

JE > than all but three 3 RPGS.

Eat 'em apples, trolls.

P.S. The trolls know who they are - theya re the ones who had tod rag my name into this thread.

P.S.S. I am not that important. When disucssing Game Awards; my name should NEVER come up unless it's my non existing awards contest being discussed.

That is all.

Thank you for your co-operation. :(

For Obsidian: Congratulations. ;)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

You are correct, but games don't usually go "gold" a full 6 weeks before release that I know of.

Actually that is roughly about right. 4-6 weeks. Half-Life 2 went gold on October 18th, a full 29 days before being released.

6 weeks is probably the upper end, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it before.

Half-Life 2 was held up by VU, though, as part of their feud with Valve over Steam ...

P.S. Volo, Spellmar would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it's P.P.S., not P.S.S.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"P.S. Volo, Spellmar would like to take this opportunity to remind you that it's P.P.S., not P.S.S."

Blame the P.M.S. It makes one not use Spellmar properly. :D

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Speaking of awards and Spellmar, Obsidian's home page now has the following:

Pop over to Computer and Vido Games and vote for KotOR2! Ladies, there's even a special category for you!

I'm not emailing them with spelling corrections again - I did it last time with 'openning'. :rolleyes:

Looking down the long list of games, the only other contender for best PC game for me would be Bloodlines. I shall have to think on this.

Oh, and it's actually 'Girl's' choice. ( :rolleyes: x3)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Both sides commented that their feud would not delay Half-Life 2 (since it was in both of their interests to see it get released).

How true this statement was can be debated I suppose.

I attribute most of the "delay" to the overambitious release date, in addition to the hacker getting his hands on the media build of the game.

Both sides commented that their feud would not delay Half-Life 2 (since it was in both of their interests to see it get released).

How true this statement was can be debated I suppose.

I attribute most of the "delay" to the overambitious release date, in addition to the hacker getting his hands on the media build of the game.

There was a "final" feud that I was referring to, when the game was finished, but VU didn't want to sign off on it because of the courrt case ... so Valve released the game to the magazines for preview, and the whole ugly truth came out ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Speaking of Half-Life 2, I heard it was going to be released on the X-Box? If it is, it won't look half as good. Mabye if it's on the 360, but they should leave it on the PC.

What about people without broadband who don't want to wait ages for the Steam service to activate their game? The Xbox version will be a better option, even if the graphics are worse. (I'm assuming we won't need a connection to Xbox Live for this game. I'll be really annoyed if we do.)

So how many Game of the Year awards TSL has already won?

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Speaking of Half-Life 2, I heard it was going to be released on the X-Box? If it is, it won't look half as good. Mabye if it's on the 360, but they should leave it on the PC.

What about people without broadband who don't want to wait ages for the Steam service to activate their game? The Xbox version will be a better option, even if the graphics are worse. (I'm assuming we won't need a connection to Xbox Live for this game. I'll be really annoyed if we do.)

Depends on how paranoid / anal about preventing piracy they are.

There is less risk of piracy with the Xbox, I would think, which would be their main concern.

Probably also not Valve's (direct) problem, either: EA would lose their profit margin, but for Valve it's all gravy.

I wouldn't rule out an Xbox Live cryptographic key to unlock the game, however; it's not that difficult (just time consuming, if they use a long asynchronous cipher, like DES or 3DES).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So how many Game of the Year awards TSL has already won?

Game of the Year? None, as far as I know. RPG of the year, I guess a few, but it hasn't won everything the way Kotor 1 did, thanks largely I think to Jade Empire.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)