Pure Pazaak

Just letting people know that I'm in a real tight spot with Uni work/study stuff at the moment :cat:

staying up till 5am was a first...

so I haven't been able to do anything more with Pazaak and this pile is pretty big so I'm guessing I'd be always playing catchup for the next 2 or 3 weeks.

Sorry ppl :devil:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Nice job! :-

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback!

Any chance we can get STRIP PAZAAK featuring oppenents such as Bastila, Leia, Handmaiden, Visas, Mira and Uthura Ban?

uuuhhhh hhhuuuhhh :huh: ..... I doubt it >_< .

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

OK, Pure Pazaak v1.1.0 is out for download.

go to the website for details

- Feature: Original & more Pazaak sounds from KotOR (old ones weren't original)

- Feature: A minimize button (consider it beta)

- Fix: Updated the website URL shortcut in the Splash screen

- Fix: Data file now holds a bit more info so EXE is slightly smaller

- Fix: Save errors now have a warning displayed

- Fix: Made all For loop variables 32-bit longs (apparently register friendly)

- Fix: Changed some pulse related timings

sigpic0yb.jpg

1. Go to the Website and download Pure Pazaak v1.0.2 and the latest update.

post-10482-1123469400_thumb.jpg

When ever I click on the link, Internet Explorer keeps saying "Could Not Find Server" is the server down?

Whoops - this was written before the change of URL and was the old one - it is now working.

It should be http://purepazaak.k0m3k.net/.

Thanks for pointing that out.

sigpic0yb.jpg

I have been looking for a stand-alone version of Pazaak for a while. Great work, it is very enjoyable.

However, I might have found a bug or two.

First, it seems like the CPU opponent (at least Deadeye Duncan) wins by default if his entire board is full (9 cards). Even if you have 20 and he has something lower, he still wins.

Also, I do not seem to be able to Wager anything else but the maximum; I cannot type any numerical values, only clicking on Max works. Any idea why this is so?

Thanks for the game!

PS: Is it possible to add custom Portraits?

I have been looking for a stand-alone version of Pazaak for a while. Great work, it is very enjoyable.

However, I might have found a bug or two.

First, it seems like the CPU opponent (at least Deadeye Duncan) wins by default if his entire board is full (9 cards). Even if you have 20 and he has something lower, he still wins.

Also, I do not seem to be able to Wager anything else but the maximum; I cannot type any numerical values, only clicking on Max works. Any idea why this is so?

Thanks for the game!

PS: Is it possible to add custom Portraits?

I'm using an older version, but I can type different values for wagers so it might be something in a newer version, or it might be your copy. Don't know for sure, so you'll have to wait for Duffman for that.

As to your first "bug" that's actually in the rules for the game. You can have 20 but if your opponent can fill up all nine spaces on his board without going over 20 then he automatically wins that hand. It works both ways, so you can do that do. :cool:

Thanks for the bug report!

This has been fixed and the v1.1.1 update is out.

v1.1.1 Update

- Fix: The busted Wager window text box

- Fix: Minimize button now match the titlebar colour (like with K2 screens)

- Fix: Minor adjustments with OO objects

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There are two common problems that players will almost certainly get during a network game (there are heaps of minor ones too)

1. "Double-turn" bug, where when one player is standing, the other will usually pick up two cards (two turns), even if they only click End Turn once. This then causes more problems with one player getting a different result to the other person and then the whole thing just screws up.

2. "Lost turn" bug, where the End Turn message doesn't reach the opponent and thus the game is stalled with both players waiting for each other.

If you don't play multiplayer then well, it doesn't matter to you (although I still think you should play some MP anyway).

sigpic0yb.jpg