Pure Pazaak

commandpriority :huh: from LucasForums has brought to my attention trouble with files not being available:

FileFront: Pure Pazaak v1.2.0 base is downloadable from FileFront. Update v1.2.2 is not (never uploaded there properly in the first place ;) ). They are still under going some maintenence so I can't upload/manage files yet.

FreeUploader: is now an image hoster thing so Pure Pazaak files aren't available there either. ;)

Web page has been updated.

So, get v1.2.0 base from Filefront:

http://files.filefront.com/Pure_Pazaak_v12...;/fileinfo.html

and you can get v1.2.2 update from post #195 here:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=603650

or you can PM me and I can e-mail it to you. :)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

• 3 weeks later...

Is a rule. A full 9 hand and still under 20 is win...

Makes these 6/3 invertors handy...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I haven't played Pazaak not even once, neither in the games nor on the standalone player----so I don't even know what it's about; yet I think this thread should be stickied: Other modding projects are, so why not Pure Pazaak? There seems to be a lively interest in it, besides.

Edited by Raymond Luxury-Yacht

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

I wonder if any one who played in the dueling ring ever lost to Deadeye Duncan? :shifty:"

I did. Took away all my equipment and just stood there... took quite a while too... :(

yet I think this thread should be stickied

Agreed. But I already told the mods so I would want such a thing...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

• 2 weeks later...

I love to play Pure_Pazaak, it's very cool, but i'm not english !

Is it possible to translate Pure_ Pazaak by my self ?! And if its possible it was a pleasure to me to translate this great game in my natal language. Perhaps a translation in french exist ? do you now if this translation was created ?

how do you unlock more opponents in the diff versions...

You have to beat each campaign opponent 10 times (doesn't have to be in a row). it does sound like ages but just remember I tried to make it a long term occassional/time waster game.

btw no one has reported reaching the end yet :) , not even the apparent Pazaak-mad players.

Is it possible to translate Pure Pazaak by myself?! And if it's possible it would be my pleasure for me to translate this great game to my natural language. Perhaps a translation in French could exist? Do you now if this translation was created?

I think I've fixed up your post grammar correctly :)

Firstly, there wouldn't be any other existing translations/languages because I'm the only person who worked/is working on the program, and I have only ever made it in English.

Great suggestion though and I'll work on putting in language selection. What I'll do is post up a text file or Word doc (not sure if notepad likes symbols) of the English lines used in Pazaak and then you can download, change them, then send it back to me and I'll integrate it into the program.

I guess this is a good time to mention that I urge people who registered on the forum to post in this thread to also contribute to the rest of the forum :wacko: . Plus it means you'll come back and know about updates. No point making translatable if you don't come back to translate :)"

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Ok i take a look on this forum for the doc to translate ! thinks for the rest of the world  :blink:

I'll send you a PM when I've figured something out. I just realised we're not just talking about game messages but all the buttons, captions and everything else :blink: so it may or may not take a while :)

sigpic0yb.jpg

OK. I've finished the initial conversion of the program to make it easy to change the text/language.

What to do:

1. download the attachment (simple rtf file in Wordpad) english.rtf

2. change the red english text into your native language

3. post here (and send me a PM to let me know) and either e-mail me the modified file (address over PM) or just post it as an attachment like I have.

This is all still a bit of a beta-test thing so just keep in mind it may not go ahead. For example some of the text/button boxes are already tight on space - we'll see.

I've left all the programming related stuff in because:

1. You may need some reference like what is being said

2. I want to be able to just copy-and-paste your translation into a new translation "module" in the code and have it working - so try not to accidentaly mess up the other stuff :(

sigpic0yb.jpg

What languages are needed?... Dutchie here...

^

FINNISH!!11!!!

Vai mit

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

What languages are needed?

Dutch

Finnish

I don't have anything specific. Just go and create your own finnish.rtf or dutch.rtf or whatever :thumbsup: . The only restriction I can think of for now is that it has to be a normal .... uh....Englishing lettering style :p language, so not like Chinese.

The key is to keeping it to the normal font. If you had to insert a few symbols here and there and not sure, just send it back anyway and I'll report on whether it worked or not.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Oh, I was just kidding. >_< I think that you understood it. ^_^

edit: Though finnish has normal letters, expect

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

• 3 weeks later...

Well; too much parafrasing was needed and many things I have no idea how they actually say it in Dutch (all games are English here)... ;)

We should keep playing in English thus... like we are used to anyways

^

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1.2.3 update released!

Download

- Feature: Made change player into a button

- Feature: In-game keyboard control (BETA, and see webpage or thread for details)

Change player button:

Nothing special; just makes changing player a bit more obvious and easy to use :)

Keyboard control:

If you're tired (either literally or not :p ) of using the mouse to play Pazaak, or you're so lazy that you don't want to click End Turn even with "auto-turn" on :blink: , you can now play with the keyboard. :cool:

By default, the option is OFF, and the default keys are:

End Turn - Spacebar

Stand - Tab

Play hand card - 1, 2, 3, 4 (corresponding position)

Flip card sign - Q, W, E, R and/or (SHIFT or ALT) + (play card #)

Flip card value - A,S, D, F (green arrow) and/or CTRL + (play card #)

The keys can be redefined. They are not enabled during network matches (to not interfere with the chatbox). The SHIFT/ALT/CTRL modifiers are overridden if you specify a key onto them.

BUG: There is also a weird bug where if you use the Flip keys a lot, the main click sound starts to cut itself off, like it doesn't play fully.

Also, don't blame me if you hit the wrong key :thumbsup:

Note on translations:

Future versions from now (including this one) are English only since that's the one they have been built off. You can still submit translations (currently French and German are in), but they will be v1.2.2 only. Not like u miss much anyway...

v1.2.2 "International" will officially be up once German is finalised.

sigpic0yb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...