Pure Pazaak

Run time error: '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

This is coming up when I try running Pure Pazaak... :thumbsup:

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

someone please walk me through this, step by step...and remember: take baby steps...

and create a player file? is this when you start it up? and where do the sound files go?

OK, I'll give it a go...again:

1. Go to the Website and download the latest version and the latest update if there is one.

post-10482-1123469400_thumb.jpg

2. Use an archiving program like WinZip, or the Windows inbuilt one and "unzip" all files into a new folder; any new folder you want, which can go anywhere. The folder structure should be preserved. Extract any update files into the folder and overwrite all the old files.

As I think I said at the start, this has nothing to do with the KotOR game files.

post-10482-1123469468_thumb.jpg

3. Copy the two font files (.ttf) into your Windows Fonts folder

post-10482-1123476837_thumb.jpg

4. Run the app and click the create butoon to start player creation. Your player should then be the selected one (especially if it's the only one). Click continue.

post-10482-1123469492_thumb.jpg

5. Always go to the options screen and check and your settings first.

post-10482-1123477123_thumb.jpg post-10482-1123477140_thumb.jpg

6. Play - an Arcade game is usually a good first tester to see if it all works

Help/Bugs?/Questions. Go to the Website and see if the problem is solved there first. If not, either send me a message or just post in this thread.

Hope this helps :shifty: .

Run time error: '-2147417848 (80010108)':

Automation error

The object invoked has disconnected from its clients

I've done some quick searching but no idea :devil:o:)

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Some people can work wonders with a computer. These guys can make an awesome game, I can barly open up Internet Explorer.

You described me perfectly. All these people are making mods and additions for KOTOR, and I have enough trouble just attaching files to my emails. :shifty:

I wish I could do even a quarter of what these modders do. I'd have made an attempt at creating my own mod by now.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Played for a few more hours and looks like you hit the nail on the head this time with the AI. I've lost a few more times than I've won. So either I'm really bad or the AI is really good.

Edit: One possible problem with the AI: When you stand at any number if the AI matches that number it stands too, even if it is a really low number.

I found three problems as far as errors go:

-When you click on the red circle in the upper right hand corner of the 'view deck' screen you get the following error message and the game closes:

(Long post)

Thanks for all the bug info!

Version v1.0.3 update is out

Played for a few more hours and looks like you hit the nail on the head this time with the AI. I've lost a few more times than I've won. So either I'm really bad or the AI is really good.

Play KotOR again and see how easy/hard it is.

Edit: One possible problem with the AI: When you stand at any number if the AI matches that number it stands too, even if it is a really low number.

Fixed, I think. Changed the "<=" to "<".

When you click on the red circle in the upper right hand corner of the 'view deck' screen you get the following error message and the game closes:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Hey I was wondering whats the longest streak anyone has had on pure pazaak. I find the computer very easy and I am currently 44-0. If anyone needs proof just let me know and I will get my digital camera out and take pics. I might be defeated by then though but will still have awesome stats.
WOW I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I clocked over 200 hours in Kotor 1 by playing so much Pazaak! Now I can keep playing...woooooooot \o/

I'm just curious...are there any players besides me who don't like Pazaak that much - "casual players" I guess you could say.

Here's a list of the non-labelled functions (commands which aren't all obvious buttons):

Splash Screen:

- Stop Fading Title Effect: Double-click the "Pure Pazaak" text

- Enter Key Load: The Enter/Return key will load the currently selected player. Useful for quickly starting the game if you're the only player.

Main Menu:

- Select another player: Double-click the "Current player" text at the bottom

- Reset arcade highscore: Double-click the Arcade score blue text

- Reset (failed) campaign: Double-click the Campaign Stats blue text

- Reset multiplayer profile: Double-click the Network Stats blue text

Options Screen:

- Change portrait: click inside the portrait box (ok, ok, kinda obvious this one)

Card/Wager Screen:

- Maximum bet: Click the credits label in the wager window

Main Game Screen:

- Stop pulsing turn lights: Double-click them

Network Screen: (explanations)

- Your Network IP button: If you are connecting you need to make sure you have the device you want to use to connect selected. Click the button to bring up the detected network IPs and pick the one which matches the device you want to use.

- Port: Change the port and as far as I know both players need to be using the same port. Also check firewall, port forwarding and all that sorta stuff if it applies to you.

sigpic0yb.jpg

I'm just curious...are there any players besides me who don't like Pazaak that much - "casual players" I guess you could say.

I'm a casual player - I dip into it for five minutes a day, and only play Arcade mode. It's perfect for what I need - a more entertaining replacement for solitaire. :)

The one thing I'd wish for is the ability to save my chosen deck so that whenever I start a new Arcade game I don't have to reselect all the cards again (can you already do that? :thumbsup: )

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Another update: v1.0.4

The good news is that all the bugs fixed here were there all along and not newly introduced ones so this whole farce of 1 update a day should be over soon (hopefully from now, although this weekend I might try and optimise out the extra space that's grown on it since the first release.

- Feature: Double-click a portrait to temporarily hide it

- Fix: Clicking the highscore tag in Arcade now correctly wagers the difference

- Fix: Card Screen temporary variables bugs

- Fix: Flip labels in-game now disappear properly when all relevant cards are used

- Fix: Delayed the Bust message so it wouldn't garble the "play deck card" Sound

sigpic0yb.jpg

I was playing pure pazaak and on the campagin it wouldn't save my game when I clicked out why? Also If you are able to do so can you really buy cards and use those to play against real people online cause thats what I want to do.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

I was playing pure pazaak and on the campagin it wouldn't save my game when I clicked out?

What exactly did you do (like how did you quit)? I haven't heard of this happening before.

Also If you are able to do so can you really buy cards and use those to play against real people online cause thats what I want to do.

Uhhh...sorta, but Single Player (Campaign) has nothing to do with the Network deck. In other words the cards you buy or credits you make in Campaign do not affect the Network profile in anyway.

On a non-technical point:

Does anyone have any opinions on if they want any Pure Pazaak Discussion in this thread ? , rather than a news/updates/help thread (which it still will be). Maybe people could suggest if they have any special tactics (or loopholes) against the AI, ideas for making Network games easier to organise, or maybe I could put it up some of the future feature ideas floating in my head for discussion/refinement by you players?

sigpic0yb.jpg

IIt was as if I never played I had to create a new file and everything.

The player file is written to disk straight after being created (as opposed to creating a player file but never saving it), so I suggest the following things to help establish when the problem occurs:

1. Create a new player, load it (go to the Main Menu) then quit - see if the file is written at all.

2. Assuming it's still there change the options and play a quick campaign game. Then go and see if the file is still there. It is possible that an error has occured while saving but I wouldn't know why cos it seems to work fine everywhere else.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Thank you so much dufflover it worked! :D well at least for now  :rolleyes: who knows what could go wrong with my stupid computer.

But I didn't do anything! What did you do to fix it?

sigpic0yb.jpg

hey, for some reason mine won't go to full screen. It only stays in windowed mode. is there any way to go to full screen? also, do you think there might be more updates in the near future? I have version 1.02 and I was just wondering if I ought to get this new one, version 1.04, or wait a week or so and see what's next...

hey, for some reason mine won't go to full screen. It only stays in windowed mode. is there any way to go to full screen?

Nope. It's a normal VB Windowed App without any full screen resizing thingies - which is what made the KotOR 2 look more appealing cos it wasn't too small for high-res screens.

As far as my skill goes it would be a lot of work to go full screen and would probably stretch ugly anyway.

also, do you think there might be more updates in the near future? I have version 1.02 and I was just wondering if I ought to get this new one, version 1.04, or wait a week or so and see what's next...

If you're talking about the earlier cases of an update every few days - then no; nothing is in sight (there is stuff to do but nothing in at least a week unless it's a big bug).

If you've been "tainted" by Obsidian or BioWare patches which create problems rather than fix them, I'm pretty, well I guess very sure this one (1.0.4) is safe.

sigpic0yb.jpg

I hope that you don't mind that I replied to this post and didn't create a new topic regarding this? Moving on, I'm running into the following error:

Run-time error '429':

Active X component can't create object

when trying to open the game. I have a feeling this is due to the fact that my system32 folder where the MSVBVM60.DLL file resides that this program is dependent upon to run is not located in my WINDOWS folder. It's actually located in my WINNT folder on my C: drive instead. My OS is Windows 2000. Is this game compatible with this particular OS? Nonetheless, I then opened the pzkdata.dat file using WordPad and proceeded to modify the following line from:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\MSVBVM60.DLL

to

C:\WINNT\System32\MSVBVM60.DLL

thinking that this might resolve the problem. Upon doing so and then trying to re-run the Pure Pazaak.exe, I am now receiving the following error instead:

Run-time error '35600':

Index out of bounds

Can anyone help me with this problem or am I destined to not being able to play it? Should you need any other information I have not already provided in trying to trouble shoot this for me, let me know and I will try and answer it as best I can. Thanks in advance.

You seem to have more knowledge and probably have a better chance of fixing it than I do :p

Well here are some of the things I'd try - some might be completely useless but hey, I don't know about this stuff. (Revert/redownload the original unedited files)

- Try putting a copy of the DLL file in game folder

- Try downloading the VB6 SP6 runtime files, even though it's pretty clear you have them.

Runtimes

(the runtime installer says it supports Win2000)

I'll try and get some more info in the mean time. Any other players on Windows 2000? (or WinNT windows folder?)

The game is compatible - just the references to files are wrong.

sigpic0yb.jpg

This is a PM I got which I've gotten permission to post here so that other people can discuss and build any ideas up more.

(this is basically what I replied, so the quoted parts are the things the PM asked about)

Hey, I had a couple of idea for the next version:

A)Please add a minimize button.

I think I remember a while ago that minimizing would screw it up but I'll try it again and see what happens again. If it works fine then it'll be in.

B)Make it possible to restart campaign before losing.

OK. The original reason why it wasn't like that before was to stop accidental restarts but I suppose it won't ever happen ... often.

anybody object to this?

C)Make it possible to move a card by pressing its number too and not just the card's background (the blue/red/yellow thing)

I can't get it work via the label. It "teleports" somewhere else on the screen and is not draggable. :thumbsup:

D)And last if you can please make it so you would auto-stand if your opponent stand and you surpassed him.

It should stop Auto-turning when you surpass a Standing opponent but I'm not gonna make it auto-stand. That's too automated. Besides, people not paying attention of playing incorrectly flipped cards is pretty funny.

This could probably get some more discussion

Why dont you make a mirc channel to organize matches?

I don't have any idea on what it takes to make an IRC channel or what stuff you need. I was thinking of IRC ages ago cos it was a perfect game lobby with private convos to say tell someone their IP to connect. Anyway you obviously know all this - if you know how to start a basic chat-only IRC channel then go right ahead and we'll see how it goes.

Anyway, as the website shows the next version will be v1.1.0 and the main initial reason for the new version series (and not v1.0.5) is because the new and extra sounds. I'll say this later as well, but when v1.1.0 comes out (as soon as I clear out this massive pile of Uni work and test some of these suggestions), the sounds will be uncompressed since it keeps it at the original KotOR quality (and like the data file, should be a rare re-download). Heh, KotOR file quality is 22 kHz Mono which sounded better than I expected, but still don't want to butcher it with compression.

sigpic0yb.jpg