How to Finish Malachor V as Mira...

Pretty good use of Photoshop.  It almost looks real.

I don't have any image editing software, except for Paint...and Photo Shop is way too expensive...

But, I've done my part...I got 11 screenshots...I figured that ought to be enough to convince someone, guess I thought wrong.

I figured I could have at least convinced you, since you seemed to be the most optimistic and helpful out of everyone...but it's really not my problem... I couldn't care less what everyone thinks...I just wanted to persuade someone into trying to do the same thing, since it playing as Mira in the Trayus academy was such a challenge (as opposed to the rest of the game).

I'd say that's more a glitch then than anything, since this is the first I've heard of it happening.

Well...your's and everyone else's scepticizism is understandable, but if a dozen screenshots doesn't convince you, nothing will...and yeah, those screenshots DO look a little shoddy...I had to lower the graphics settings because the game has been running all screwed up ever since I installed the patch...

But if you happen to play sometime soon or have a save around there, and have Mira in your party, give a shot, just for the hell of it.

It really was fun...but it might just be my computer or my game disk is a little goofy.

I've posted the instructions on how I pulled it off, in this thread a couple times...give it a shot....

Besides, who would bother to do 11 pictures with photoshop just to convince people on the internet?

You'd be surprised at what lengths people go to on the internet. I recall someone making up an entire identity for a person, downloading an entire picture album, making a geocities site and making up background information about a girl just to prove to some internet buddies that he was infact dating this "girl".

Not necessarily saying that's what Jambo did. But that nothing surprises me anymore.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Besides, who would bother to do 11 pictures with photoshop just to convince people on the internet?

You'd be surprised at what lengths people go to on the internet. I recall someone making up an entire identity for a person, downloading an entire picture album, making a geocities site and making up background information about a girl just to prove to some internet buddies that he was infact dating this "girl".

Not necessarily saying that's what Jambo did. But that nothing surprises me anymore.

ha ha ha....believe me...I don't have THAT much time on my hands. I have better things to do than to "photo shop" a bunch of pictures and get everyone to believe them... If they weren't genuine, you'd definately be able to tell.

Where did you find out how to do this from?? Or was it just an accident originally or some mod?? :shifty:

Its pretty cool, but i find it a bit weird how it can just happen by a bug.

Where did you find out how to do this from?? Or was it just an accident originally or some mod?? :shifty:

Its pretty cool, but i find it a bit weird how it can just happen by a bug.

accident

but it didn't just happen on its own...

I posted the procedure on this thread a couple times...give 'er a try!

I posted the procedure on this thread a couple times...give 'er a try!

Yea i think i will now, when i next get to Malachor. You still get the same dialogue as when your the exile right?

Well I just mangaed to do the same thing. So it is true.

Couldn't get to work same way as posted here. The way it worked for me - I put down a mine in front of Hanhar - He just stood there - didn't chase me (Mira) or anything - so I just walked on out the gate and into Trayus Academy - then played through the whole thing all the way up to and past Kreia. Funny thing, when Kreia tells the future, she leaves out Mira.

Edit: Just took another look at how I managed to get this to work. The mine isn't necessary. I had done a save game at the beginning of the Mira/Hanhar fight. When I exited after that and reloaded, Hanhar is standing right in front of Mira and looks like he's ready to fight, but it turns out that Mira can just walk away from Hanhar and he doesn't follow. So it wasn't the mine that stopped Hanhar from following; it was the save and reload.

I still find it weird how you can be a totally different character to what has been scripted for that part of the game and still complete the game or carry on from that point where the 'bug' started. Although i suppose all that is different is the actual skin of the character being Mira instead of the Exile.

I still find it weird how you can be a totally different character to what has been scripted for that part of the game and still complete the game or carry on from that point where the 'bug' started. Although i suppose all that is different is the actual skin of the character being Mira instead of the Exile.

Yup; it's strange allright. Kept thinking Mira would bump into the Exile. But never saw him. Guess he got blown up on Malachor V at game's end. And guess that took care of the hole in the Force once and for all. (w00t) (w00t)

Until you figure out how to take screenshots of what you describe (CLEAR ones, not just a pic of Mira somewhere on Malachor), you'll be the scorn of the internet.

tell me about it...

If I knew how, I could get any screen shot you want: Proving Grounds, Trayus Core, Face-off with Sion (and the pseudo-Sion that dies right away)...

Do you know how to set up the game options so I can take screenshots?

not sure if someone has already posted this in this thread (couldnt be assed to look anyway lol) but even if you do take screen shots, they could be fake..

Mira vs. Traya.. Exile vs. Revan... Mira vs. Mira... Zalbaar vs. Hanhar.. going through the game as Bastila or Carth.. all this is possible, but your not actually doing it as them, just using the saved game editor to make you appear different. So by taking a screenshot will still not prove a thing.

Shane Tyduk

Some awesome title name here

"If you sharpen a knife to its limits,

you run the risk of cutting your own

hand. The knife has no choice but to

be as sharp as you made it."

Well I just mangaed to do the same thing. So it is true.

Couldn't get to work same way as posted here. The way it worked for me - I put down a mine in front of Hanhar - He just stood there - didn't chase me (Mira) or anything - so I just walked on out the gate and into Trayus Academy - then played through the whole thing all the way up to and past Kreia. Funny thing, when Kreia tells the future, she leaves out Mira.

Edit: Just took another look at how I managed to get this to work. The mine isn't necessary. I had done a save game at the beginning of the Mira/Hanhar fight. When I exited after that and reloaded, Hanhar is standing right in front of Mira and looks like he's ready to fight, but it turns out that Mira can just walk away from Hanhar and he doesn't follow. So it wasn't the mine that stopped Hanhar from following; it was the save and reload.

yeah....I noticed that part, too about Kreia leaving Mira out of the prophecies...

and same for the save and reload: I tried this a couple of time on the is last playthrough and one of the times I saved and reloaded before the "killing blow" and Hanharr was just standing there, but I could still engage him....

But I'm glad to hear that someone else figured it out....

Mira vs. Traya.. Exile vs. Revan... Mira vs. Mira... Zalbaar vs. Hanhar.. going through the game as Bastila or Carth.. all this is possible, but your not actually doing it as them, just using the saved game editor to make you appear different. So by taking a screenshot will still not prove a thing.

Well, all I can say is I haven't figured out how to install that damned saved game editor...I could be full of sh*t, and I might be really awesome at using computers and saved game editors and that stupid F***ING Win RAR program....But it's already been proven by someone other than myself (E_Motion) that you CAN in fact finish Malachor V as Mira.

But yes, if a person had nothing better to do with his or her life, they could use the saved game editor and fiddle around with their saved games, make a whole bunch of screenshots or Mira prancing around the Trayus academy, and also making up a detailed explaination on how to use Mira to finish the game....yes sir, THAT is my goal in life....

His game is bugged, not sure if anyone else noticed the two Sions... :huh:"

Yeah - I got the two Sions also when I did this. The way it works is one of them is the normal Sion; you fight and talk him to death in the normal way. The other just stands there. Then when the first one is dead, you go over and hit the other one a couple times and he dies. Wierd but true. The thing does work.

I'd say that's more a glitch then than anything, since this is the first I've heard of it happening.

Well...your's and everyone else's scepticizism is understandable, but if a dozen screenshots doesn't convince you, nothing will...and yeah, those screenshots DO look a little shoddy...I had to lower the graphics settings because the game has been running all screwed up ever since I installed the patch...

But if you happen to play sometime soon or have a save around there, and have Mira in your party, give a shot, just for the hell of it.

It really was fun...but it might just be my computer or my game disk is a little goofy.

I've posted the instructions on how I pulled it off, in this thread a couple times...give it a shot....

Dude, OWNxor = you.