Do you like console shooters?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like console shooters?

• Console shooters are the best
    • Heck no, a keyboard and mouse is the only way to go
    • I like to vote
    • I like both

I voted for the nonsense option :mellow:

I favour the mouse and keyboard, certainly, and have an extremely precise, refined set of mouse and keyboard controls which I've honed over many years for absolute maximum possible twitch speed (I use ASDF control rather than WASD or ESDF and frequently bind auxilliary mouse buttons as well as ASDF to directionals for rather arcane control speed optimisation reasons). But even so, I believe that there's enough to what makes an FPS that less than ideal controls are far from the be-all and end-all of FPS gaming, and a console FPS may well prove itself a worthy experience even played with a gamepad.

mmm...guns...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

PC Shooters suck.  In fact, all shooters suck except for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark 1, both of which were on the N64.

Bit of a bold statement right there, since there is a helluva lot more FPS's on PC than consoles i think, but its your opinion.

I prefer PC shooters to console ones now really, ive realised how much easier it is to control and aim with a mouse and keyboard than a gamepad i find.

Edited by petay12

PC Shooters suck.  In fact, all shooters suck except for Goldeneye and Perfect Dark 1, both of which were on the N64.

Bit of a bold statement right there, since there is a helluva lot more FPS's on PC than consoles i think, but its your opinion.

Yep, and they all suck. :darque:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

from the looks of the "other" thread, you are largely outnumbered in your opinion. I agree Goldeneye is one of the best console shooters but i think games like CoD and Unreal are much better. :cool:

Along with Deus Ex one of my personal fav's was Unreal Tournament (yes the origional)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Shooter on consoles can work. If one can get over the gamepad controls and the need of autoaim, they can be very enjoyable. I've always tried to take console shooters as an experience and not grasp at the little things. Nitpicking just kills the gameplay and immersion.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

from the looks of the "other" thread, you are largely outnumbered in your opinion. I agree Goldeneye is one of the best console shooters but i think games like CoD and Unreal are much better. :cool:

Yeah, but that's cause people who disagree with me are wrong. :volourn:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!