Help me decide which game to play

Setzer

Because you outright lied about not being able to die in KOTOR.

Do you post just to annoy people? Because often times the arguments you use (such as "r00fles you can't die in KOTOR") are nothing but silly attempts at causing arguments for the sake of arguing. You can't possibly believe half the stuff you actually post about.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Take it up with the moderators. You cannot die in KOTOR2 unless you purposely make yourself die by purposefully not trying. Just because you disagree with this doesn't make me a liar. Just because someone sees something differently than you does not make them a liar. However, your reaction does make you a crybaby who can't handle a differing opinions so you make false accusations just to cause trouble and hence that makes YOU the troll.

Remember, you are the one who decided to get 'personal' from the get go just to get a reaction out of me hence that makes you a troll. You got a reaction out of me which makes me the trolled. Get your terminology right.

So... what's your next trolling attempt going to be? Gonna call me stupid now and then accuse me of trolling when I make a retort? Uhuh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Um? How can you insist you can't die? You even explained situations where you CAN die, and then you say you didn't lie?

I never said it wasn't difficult to NOT die. I said you lied about saying you CAN'T die. That's a lie since you can die in situations like that storm beast on Malachor if you're not prepared.

I didn't die in Jade Empire either after I figured out the controls (probably no longer than that beach attack in Two Rivers). So does that mean it's impossible to die in JE?

Saying "you can't die" implies that there is absolute ZERO ways you can die, and that's just not true. I'm not even sure why you're disputing that.

As for the crybaby remark, considering you're the one that gets his panties in a bunch when someone comments negatively on Jade Empire, I think you might wanna rethink that insult.

You're just annoying to the extent that it's impossible to actually have a debate or conversation with you on here because of you seem incapable of making points without a)getting condescending or b)making points that actually make sense.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 I have yet to start playing. Of course, there are probably other games I'm missing out on but the ones I listed are the ones I own and my Wife has cut off my gaming fund for the time being. Damn WoW to hell!

Your wife? :huh:

I think Jade might be the best choice, but it's also the most expensive.

No it's only $30 bucks at EB games and KOTOR II is still $50.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

It would have done better if they released it to the PC too... (begging pleading that it does 0:)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jade Empire and KOTOR 2 I have yet to start playing. Of course, there are probably other games I'm missing out on but the ones I listed are the ones I own and my Wife has cut off my gaming fund for the time being. Damn WoW to hell!

Your wife? :huh:

Yes my Wife. A female who I entered into slavery..errr marriage with about 12 years ago. Amazing huh? A gamer has a life outside of just playing games. :p

And if she wasn't around to control my spending money on games and other crap, we'd probably be broke right now. So she's at least good for something.

Well I dont think JE did that well in sales.

I am looking at EB sales and even if it started on top it fallen from 1 to 3 in a week and by May 22 it was off the top 10.

Not surprising. Why spend $50 on a game you can rent for $5 and beat it within a week or less?

"You're just annoying to the extent that it's impossible to actually have a debate or conversation with you on here because of you seem incapable of making points without a)getting condescending or b)making points that actually make sense."

If you don't like it; ignore me then. Really easy concept.

P.S. How well JE did in sells depends what you expect it do. It obviously didn't didn't do as well as KOTOR; but anyone who expected those kind of numbers were in LaLa Land. JE did sell hundreds of thosuands of units, however, and MS seems to have lots of faith in it consideirng they desperately want a sequel for it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Every setting is the easy setting.

"even if they lose money with that game."

Proof, please.

Microsoft loses money for every Xbox sold, that should be proof enough. However, they gain money from their games (IE Halo 2 made 125 million in revenue the first weekend).

Here.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Every setting is the easy setting.

Still possible to die. And doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

"even if they lose money with that game."

Proof, please.

Microsoft is going to love any game that is exclusive to its console, because then if people want to play that game, they have to buy an XBOX, and they have to buy that game, which gives Microsoft royalties. The initial debut is still important to the console, and the more launch titles you have, the better (ask Apple and its experience with its Macintosh).

Nvidia raking in the $$ from Sony and MS

Some details have trickled out, though, courtesy of Wedbush Morgan Securities analyst Michael Pachter. In a recent research note, Pachter confirms that Microsoft "has agreed to pay a small royalty to Nvidia to allow the Xbox 360's ATI chipset to emulate the performance of the Nvidia chipset in reading certain Xbox games." Nvidia, therefore, will not only be receiving royalties from its partnership with Sony for the PS3, but it will also still get small payments from Microsoft for every 360 despite the fact that Nvidia is no longer the GPU provider.

He he. Slick bit of legal man

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I still think there is a market for the "AI chip", alongside the graphics processor. Maybe hardware developers are awaiting the perfection of the non-linear quantum computer ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Ooooo, quantum computing. I've done some quick reading up on it and sounds neat.

My Algorithms teacher seemed really geeked up about it...which would make sense because it would speed up all those evil NP-Complete stuff :thumbsup:

Exactly. now where did I read the latest buzz? I thought it was in the New Scientist I bought the other day, with the latest on the Big Bang, but I couldn't find anything in my quick skim. I read recently that they were very close (five years) to a production model, using normal materials (i.e. not super-conductors at liquid nitrogen temperatures).

I think I even quoted it here ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So other than using Tutu mod to use BG2 graphics with BG1 are there any other mods you all recommend?

As for NWN do any of you know if NWN 2 will be a continuing story or has that not yet been revealed?

Visit Gibberlings Three and Pocketplane Group. You probably know PPG already since they are the main distributor of Tutu. Be sure to use the fixpack as it addresses many annoying bugs. Other mods I'd recommend are the G3 tweakpack for issues caused by the transition to the BG2 engine but are not considered bugs (like missing exotic weapons in the original for the new classes).

BG1 NPC project is highly recommendable as it indroduces banter and interjections like in BG2. The writing is actually quite good and makes the NPCs come alive. Their original versions where not much more than mules.

Their are a couple of other Tutu mods, most of them add either new party members or minor quests. I'd install them all because they try to blend with the setting and the story.