Anime?

Meshugger

How come? :wub:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

The Beserk anime end before the actual story ends, to see the true end you need to pick up the books.

It's not over yet. There's still some major encounters that still need to be resolved.

Are there any more anime versions of it in the works? I'm too lazy to try the comics.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The Beserk anime end before the actual story ends, to see the true end you need to pick up the books.

It's not over yet. There's still some major encounters that still need to be resolved.

Are there any more anime versions of it in the works? I'm too lazy to try the comics.

Sorry, don't really know. The Anime ends with the great betrayal which you can probably see as the end of the first half.

The story up to that point is pretty good. I actually like it more than the later parts.

• 4 months later...

//UPDATE: It's been a while and i have watched the following anime: (Hellsing and Cowboy Bebop were dubbed, the rest were in japanese)

"Hellsing"

-"Releasing contract restrictions to level 3.....2....Unlocking limited release control system to level one. Situation A, the Cromwell approval in now in effect. Holding release until target is silenced. Now i show you how REAL VAMPIRES DO BATTLE!". Badass throughout the the whole series, me likey.

"Berserk"

-Again a badass main character, very dark and suprisingly good character development. No magic or summons, just swords and blood. Ruthless ending.

"Ninja Scroll" (the movie)

- A very grim and dark movie, i can guarantee this to any ninja fan.

"Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust"

- Not your typical vampire movie, very beautiful and good storyline.

"Samurai Deeper Kyo"

- Oni meno Kyo is like Alucard, never admits defeat and humiliates any foe, the story felt a bit too short though. Excellent blend of action and humor.

"Samurai Champloo"

- Very stylish and amusing characters. The story isn't much, but the trio of Fuu, Jin and Mugen are hilarious. Especially the episode with the Dutch homosexual.

"Rurouni Kenshin"

- Has to be one of my favourites, excellent characters and story. Oro?

"Hunter X Hunter"

- Also in my top5 anime, the friendship between Gon and Killua is excellent aswell the whole adventure the go through.

"Neon Genesis Evangelion + the movies"

- Best story of any anime, filled with symbolism and deep characters. Worst ending also.

"Scrapped Princess"

- An uplifting anime, the plottwist was unexpected. Lot's of humor.

"Trigun"

- Very goofy at first, but the whole outlaw in the west-theme got me.

"GunGrave"

- Again, great character development and excellent story. Recommended to any fan of a good story. To make it less "anime" it's a mobster anime set in an american city.

"Grave of Fireflies"

- Saddest anime that i've seen. Don't watch it when you have a hangover.

"Escoflowne"

- Has to be a personal favourite. Packed with epic story, existensialism, mechas, samurais, innocent pubertly love, despair, hope + an excellent soundtrack.

"S-Cryed-O"

- A future post-apocalyptic scenario, the story is pretty good, but the characters makes it even better. Over-the-top final battle.

"Cowboy Bebop"

- Interesting theme, a future with bounty hunters in space. In my top5 because of the art direction and character chemistry.

And i'm crrently watching Bleach, the story is ok:ish, but the again the art direction (I want to be a Shinigami!) and characters can easily make this a "top10 must see"-anime.

I'll give the following a try aswell in the future:

- Samurai 7

- Gundamn Seed

- Last Exile

- The Slayers

- Fushigi Yuugi

- Full metal Alchemist

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Currently watching: Naruto episode 142 :wub:

Shut your hole.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

:D

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Japanese filth. Avert your eyes I say!! Do not fall to the temptation of the hugely exaggerated facial features and dubious sexuality.

*watches The Transformers original series Season 2*

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I'd stay and defend my pride, but I need to go and swallow some more. :wub:

kirottu said:

Japanese filth. Avert your eyes I say!! Do not fall to the temptation of the hugely exaggerated facial features and dubious sexuality.

*watches The Transformers original series Season 2*

thimura20.jpg

"Oro?!"

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

The main reason why I dislike Anime/manga is that the hype is huge. Everyone is nagging about "OMFG! have you downloaded the new episodes of "Kabuka Bukkake 3 and four thirds" ?!" and all the kids are reading dragonball.

While there are amazing 'western' comics that go completely unnoticed. Im not talking Marvel or DC here but stuff like our Swedish GALAGO magazine or anything by Dave McKean

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Most anime look very shallow, but they have the characterdevelopment and story that surpass most western comics/movies/series.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Watching a series called Monster. It's VERY good, by far one of the best anime series I've seen.

Seems like they're gonna make a movie based on it.

And Mesugger, if you haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist yet, go do so! It's one of the best animes out there for sure! :blink:

Edited by Thingolfin

Watching a series called Monster. It's VERY good, by far one of the best anime series I've seen.

Seems like they're gonna make a movie based on it.

And Mesugger, if you haven't watched Full Metal Alchemist yet, go do so! It's one of the best animes out there for sure! :blink:

Yup, i'll watch it in the near future.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

El Hazard is a funny little series... as is Dual! (think tenchi mixed with Evangelion).

Azumanga Dioh is generally not that funny to guys because it's humor is almost sublime.

Gundam Seed is more like a mixture of Gundam Wing and Mobile Suit Gundam 0079. Single really powerful gundam that can kill armys, but they also have somthing akin to newtypes and a massive war between the two factions going on.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Akira is just twisted and bloody.

But it is kinda funny when you see a kid start pouring blood out of his mouth one scene in the backround while they are all walking and the next scene he is UTTERLY OK!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Child of Flame - Baiting attempt interrupted: Troll fisses

kirottu said: