Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I want my character to wear something cool though.  :ph34r:

Define "cool" though. I thought some of the robes in TSL were much better looking and gave a much more "authentic" Jedi feel than in K1.

Cool is defined by whatever I think is cool. :cool:

:wacko:

I think you're right that some sort of a cool clothing selection would go over well. I've heard others ask for that. It's not something I would care a whole lot about, but I'm a guy, and like many other guys, could be considered "less than gifted" in this area.

Hey now, I came up with the idea for the Outcast being the starting point for the new protagonist.

Well, I suggested an Initiate who turned out to have empathic force powers that were vital to how the plot evolved, but nobody bothered to comment on that idea...

As for the Outcast, I think the idea is okay, but it does have one big problem - it's totally dependent on Revan making the light side choice for the the outcasts of the Undercity in KotOR1. If you chose the dark side ending, then they were all crushed under the rubble of Taris' destruction.

Now, I don't really mind the game making assumptions for the choices. If you set Revan to light side in KotOR2, then Kreia will comment that Revan converted the spirit of Ajunta Pall back to the light side on Korriban, but although that was indeed an option in KotOR1, it was actually really hard to do - you needed very good Persuasion indeed to pull that off, so chances were really against it ever happening. I don't mind they did that, though.

But I don't want the game to assume something that is contrary to the alignment I set for my previous characters. If I set Revan to dark side, then the people of the Undercity should all be dead.

KotOR games seem to rationalize these things to avoid conflict for the choices. Note how Master Vandar was killed in battle if Revan was dark sided in KotOR1, but said to have been killed with the other masters by Nihilus on Katarr if you set Revan to light side, just so that he is dead and gone either way and won't ever cause a conflict or inconsistency in the game.

As for the Outcast, I think the idea is okay, but it does have one big problem - it's totally dependent on Revan making the light side choice for the the outcasts of the Undercity in KotOR1. If you chose the dark side ending, then they were all crushed under the rubble of Taris' destruction.

Not necessarily. All that means it that they never find the "Promised Land". I'm sure the storytellers can weave some magic and explain how the many tunels and whatnot in the undercity lead to safety from the bombardment of Malak.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Not necessarily.  All that means it that they never find the "Promised Land".  I'm sure the storytellers can weave some magic and explain how the many tunels and whatnot in the undercity lead to safety from the bombardment of Malak.

Hmmm, I don't know... It's not impossible, but implausible IMHO. It would be like a sudden revival of Master Vandar narrowly escaping Malak's forces during the Starforge battle or leaving Katarr just before Nihilus struck - not impossible, but a very convenient and disappointing revival of a character we were told was dead... :wub:

Don't forget that the PLANET of Taris wasn't completely destroyed (ala Alderaan). It was just bombarded, and as we saw from Dantooine, people can survive a bombardment.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Don't forget that the PLANET of Taris wasn't completely destroyed (ala Alderaan).  It was just bombarded, and as we saw from Dantooine, people can survive a bombardment.

Sure, but don't forget that Malak's attack on Dantooine was centered on the Jedi enclave and the starforge map. He really couldn't care whether any of the other rabble lived or died and wouldn't waste laser fire on them.

Taris was a different matter, however, because the point was to kill the entire planet just so that he could be certain to get rid of Bastila. Even then I don't think it's a planetwide destruction, but since we did see the attack being centered right on the area where Revan and Bastila were active, I doubt the Undercity could have survived, seeing as how it was directly underneath.

And as for Dantooine, just how many survivors from KotOR1's Dantooine did we meet in KotOR2's Dantooine?

And as for Dantooine, just how many survivors from KotOR1's Dantooine did we meet in KotOR2's Dantooine?

Obsidian probably didn't want to re-use characters, so it doesn't really touch on it. But that Rodian weapons guy is back, and much of the Khoonda Militia is made up of Dantooine inhabitants, plus there was mention that the Matales vacated their mansion AFTER the Malak attack.

As for Taris, again, yes I'm sure the vast majority of the population was killed. However, since the planet itself was not destroyed, I'm sure a small percentage of it would have survived. That's not only possible, but also quite plausible.

Hey now, I came up with the idea for the Outcast being the starting point for the new protagonist.

No you wern't, I was... I also came up with Taris coming back.

To answer JediPhile, you realize that this promised land that the Outcasts went to couldn't be in the undercity because they wouldn't be able to generate food. The plants would need light and that intrinsically requires you to be on the surface without anything blocking the sun. I doubt that they would have a UV light when they barly had medical equipment. Also Malak would have focused his attack on the city centers of the planet, he couldn't have wiped out the entire planet's population.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Calax, thats pretty low, tsk tsk stealing someone elses idea.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Hey, that was my idea! :p

And the True Sith super-ninja marine chimps flipping out ...

No, you mentioned something to do with the Outcasts. I fleshed it out by suggesting a Force sensitive Outcast is actually the PC. :p

Oh, that idea! I didn't like that one, anyway.:p

No, I want the protagonist to be a non-Sith, non-Jedi. That way, it would make sense that they are a true "grey", with some dark and light powers and with emotional and Jedi-like influences.

It needs to be a character taht the audience can bond with, a ostracised member of the universe, like Nemo with his gimpy flipper.

Maybe choose between a non-combat Ithorian strong in the Force, or a more assassin-like scout/scoundrel with lesser Force Sensitivity ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, I suggested an Initiate who turned out to have empathic force powers that were vital to how the plot evolved, but nobody bothered to comment on that idea...

Perhaps if you restricted your novels to just the five hundred words at a time, then people would be more able and willing to read them? :p"

Don't forget that the PLANET of Taris wasn't completely destroyed (ala Alderaan).  It was just bombarded, and as we saw from Dantooine, people can survive a bombardment.

Sure, but don't forget that Malak's attack on Dantooine was centered on the Jedi enclave and the starforge map. He really couldn't care whether any of the other rabble lived or died and wouldn't waste laser fire on them.

Taris was a different matter, however, because the point was to kill the entire planet just so that he could be certain to get rid of Bastila. Even then I don't think it's a planetwide destruction, but since we did see the attack being centered right on the area where Revan and Bastila were active, I doubt the Undercity could have survived, seeing as how it was directly underneath.

Yes, but Malak wouldn't even know about the undercity: to him those people were already dead, beneath his notice. I don't find it nearly so implausible.

A lot of the K1 Dantooine people were at least mentioned; the warring families, for example.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When I think RPGs, I don't think off Full Spectrum Warrior.

An RPG game will FSW-style combat mixed in the combat would be great and more immpersive, wouldn't it? Not the same old whoever-has-the-most-power wins. It'll actually take some skill to use the environment to your advantage. Jade Empire has a pretty good combat system.

Perhaps in #3 we could go back to taris and visit the promised land... They left that pretty well open.

HA HA!!! this was before GOA's attempt!!! :giggles like an idiot:

And Taris was left very open for Renewal, but i dont think that they would have citadel station orbiting it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Perhaps in #3 we could go back to taris and visit the promised land... They left that pretty well open.

HA HA!!! this was before GOA's attempt!!! :giggles like an idiot:

And Taris was left very open for Renewal, but i dont think that they would have citadel station orbiting it.

Your idea was to go back and VISIT the promised land. You never said a thing about actually having the PC be one of the villagers. You made it sound just like visiting Dantooine, or Telos, or Nar Shadaa. :rolleyes: