Your fondest RPG moment...

Indeed, this is a Pen and Paper thread, but I couldn't resist.

"Abdul, can you give me a number punch really quick?"

"Sure...calculating...I'm getting...33.33 (repeating of course) chance of survival."

"Wel, that's better then we usually do."

And of course, the best line EVER

"THUMBS UP! Let's do this! LEEROY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

".....Dude, he just went in."

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

one of my fondest p-n-p memories is having found out that jem stones we had taken from a dungeon were jinxed. Sooooooo... the party goes into a tavern, and I look for someone that I think looks like a thief. I put on my most waifish look and holding the jems loosely in my cloak, slowly walk across a tavern past the guy .... and voila! the gems are mysteriously gone by the time I make it to the bar.

The guy never saw it coming.

Something's been bugging me about the Leeroy incident, and after watching it again I se the issue.

The dragons or whatever (inferred from Leeroy's "Mmmmmnnnnaah DRAGONS!" shout) are on one side of a door, with the eggs. The party is on the near side of the door. The door looks about one or two dragons wide. You don't have to be Alexander the Great to spot a bushwhacking opportunity. Yet for all their maths geekiness the party choose to intrude into the dragon lair, get surrounded and almost certainly cut to pieces. I reckon they'd have died even without Leeroy. At least he had style.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Indeed, this is a Pen and Paper thread, but I couldn't resist.

Well, I'm not about to blame you. I gave the link to a friend who's played World of Warcraft. He laughed so hard I feared for his health...

So thanks for the link - I find myself watching that bit over and over just to hear disbelief of the players :D

Deleting that piece of sh!t Pool of Radiance

And here I thought Pool of Radiance was the one that deletes your sh*t. ^_^

Only if you use the uninstall. I prefer just to delete all of its files manually.

Have you tried taking off and nuking the hard drive from orbit?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Deleting that piece of sh!t Pool of Radiance

And here I thought Pool of Radiance was the one that deletes your sh*t. ^_^

Only if you use the uninstall. I prefer just to delete all of its files manually.

Have you tried taking off and nuking the hard drive from orbit?

It's the only way to be sure :)

Boo to metadigital for missing the Aliens quote ;)

It's the only way to be sure :p

Boo to metadigital for missing the Aliens quote :p

He's just a grunt.

-Elwood Blues

Well, it's that "inverse" thing that had me going.

Because I would say Alien, being the first, is #1. And so on and so on.

In any case, you should still remember Aliens! An excellent action flick with good suspensive/creepy scenes to boot!

Plus I'm a Michael Biehn fanboi.....I just like the style of characters he plays, and have been a fan ever since I saw The Terminator.

Michael Biehn rocks. I also liked the bit in the director's cut of aliens with the sentry guns. We so.... have to get some of those one of these days. Although I suspect it would be funnier if it was a full-auto shotgun...

-Elwood Blues

Haha. No, I didn't mean that I enjoy them in the ordinal rank opposite to their ordinal release! (I doubt there is anyone on planet Earth that likes Alien:Resurection more than any film, let alone Alien!)

'Tis true that Aliens is a different genre to Alien (action, rather than thriller; or, as :Darque: for say, Survival HORROR a opposed to SURVIVAL Horror). :-

I like the first two films a lot more than any of the others. It's a real pity that the third film was treated so poorly: it was originally based on a short story about a bunch of monks in a decrepid wooden satellite.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Michael Biehn rocks. I also liked the bit in the director's cut of aliens with the sentry guns. We so.... have to get some of those one of these days. Although I suspect it would be funnier if it was a full-auto shotgun...

There are some classic lines in it, too. (even though I forgot that one. :"> )

Good to see that Mad About You actor as an evil bad guy, too.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wooden satellite? Now I KNOW you're smoking crack.

-Elwood Blues

One of my coleagues informs me that you could make one out of wood. It would just have to be huge, and probably a waste of time and effort. Except of course, that it would make a great hideout.

"Tell me where's he's gone."

"Alright. I'll talk. Just quit hitting me. He's gone to the wooden satellite orbiting Perseus 8"

*Bing bang boom biff*

-Elwood Blues

Yep, the only thing that remained were the men. They were meant to be monks in the wooden satellite, but they ended up being prisoners incarcerated on some ... err, I forget ... I tried to repress all memory of that tragic film experience as soon as I saw it ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT