Your fondest RPG moment...

I didn't really mind Alien 3 as it was the first Alien movie I remember seeing. I vaguely remember my parents watching Aliens on Superchannel, but the stuff like the chestburster scene scared the crap out of me. I didn't "really" watch it, but I did remember the end of Aliens. Fortunately, my parents taped it..and I remembered it being on tape and found it in like 1993 or so :)

Hudson was great, Vasquez (whom James Cameron must have liked, since her actor was in T2 as well) was a tough character woman. Gorman, the newbie Lieutenant. I really, really liked the soundtrack of the Aliens movie too. The excellent drum beat when Ripley hijacks the APC to extract the marines is perfect, and I can still play it in my head today.

"Game over man, Game over!"

In space, no one can hear you scream.

I saw Alien at school. That Chestbusting scene was talk of the boarding school from then, onwards ...

... Instant classic.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I wasnt allowed to watch Alien, but my mum gave an extensive summary of it and that scared the **** out of me more than the film ever did when I eventually saw it. I had nightmares and strange fear for years after that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Aliens kicks ass. I was never into those movies when they first came out, but know I like them.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"Alien" was very good but "Aliens" was even better.

Aside: But shouldn't this really be in the way-off topic forum lest you incur the wrath of the green dragon.

image002.gifLancer

"Well you better just start dealing with it [Lancer]"

Much like how one thread tried to incorporate Star Wars quotes while staying on topic, I'm going to start the same thing with Aliens :D

I suppose it's not really an RPG, but I did enjoy the old Aliens game for the Apple II

"Alien" was very good but "Aliens" was even better.

Can't say I agree there. Aliens was war, yes, but Alien was really too scary by half - even before they reached the planet. The claustrophobic feel of being trapped on the Nostromo with the alien being able to hide *anywhere* still sends shivers down my spine. Aliens instead just went crazy throwing aliens left and right. Still good, but not as toxic as the orginal.

Aside: But shouldn't this really be in the way-off topic forum lest you incur the wrath of the green dragon.

Would agree there, though...

Alien is a horror movie

Aliens is an action horror movie

They're both good.

I agree on both counts. Too bad we haven't gotten a good Alien movie since.

Better to let the movies end than keep coming up with lame sequels.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester