Your fondest RPG moment...

I think of all message board posting as role playing, and so some of our responses here undoubtedly qualify.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow... I don't even remember writing all that :wacko:

New rule: No posting after 5 am :wacko:

Does that count our conversation? Because if it did, I wanna reiterate that I think spam is unavoidable! :cool:

I'm afraid that includes our conversation....... I was reeeeeeeeeeeally out of it at that point :wacko:

Wow... I don't even remember writing all that :wacko:

New rule: No posting after 5 am :wacko:

Does that count our conversation? Because if it did, I wanna reiterate that I think spam is unavoidable! :cool:

I'm afraid that includes our conversation....... I was reeeeeeeeeeeally out of it at that point :wacko:

Amateur! :D

I don't know why, but I am nocturnal (well, I can fathom a guess, since I stayed up late in my formative years playing video games).

It seems no matter how tired I get, once night falls, I'm no longer tired!

Guest GroinOfDespair

Entropy consumes all, including this thread in it's viscious maw consuming us slowly with bile until we are finally released into oblivion, if we are lucky.

I don't know why, but I am nocturnal (well, I can fathom a guess, since I stayed up late in my formative years playing video games).

It was 9am in the mornign when I finally went to sleep :blink:

Definately daylight ;)

I'm a night owl. :ph34r:

It was 9am in the mornign when I finally went to sleep :blink:

Definately daylight ;)

I'm a night owl. :ph34r:

****ALANSCHU INFLUENCE: INCREASE****

I can respect that. Too many times bed time has come when the sky isn't so dark anymore ;)

I can practice my prowling and more easily pursue my dream of being a superhero when it's dark out....less people laugh.

I have yet to gain Alanschu influence. I am falling behind in T.O.M.B.S.

I'm thinking I need to post my T.O.M.B.S. character sheet on my website pretty soon. Does anyone have the T.O.M.B.S. logo that was made up a while back?

Guest GroinOfDespair

That's sickenly sweet. I would probably be disguested, except that alanschu is one of the few people here I seem to agree with from time to time.

In the interest of getting this topic back on track, I'll share another warstory from the RPG front. This falls under the heading "most embarrasing character death", though I should hasten to note that I was not the player of said character (or I might be too embarrassed to share this...) ;)

The game is Call of Cthulhu. We were playing "Walker in the Wastes" IIRC, and were sidetracked to Scotland on a red herring mission, though we didn't know that at the time.

By a great lake (obvious Nessie potential here, but we never saw any of it) we were exploring some clues. I forget which, but it doesn't matter.

Our group came across these ancient ruins, which seemed both ominous and yet with the potential for secrets to unearth (or perhaps because of it...). Searching through it, we discovered it to be large, so naturally we split the group... Yes, I know - "Hey, this looks dangerous... Let's split up!" ;)

Exploring the rooms, we found a few interesting things. One seemed to be an ancient torture chamber. Another was a plain and empty stony room with only a bucket in it, which was full of some foul-smelling liquid that might have been urine or worse. Suddenly members of one of the groups began to feel very warm. Hot even. So hot, in fact, that they felt like they were burning up!

The GM (or Keeper) made sure to ask the players what they would do. One rushed all the way outside and jumped into the lake the cool off, which probably saved his life.

My character was exploring the empty stone room, when suddenly another of the 'overheated' investigators came running in, shouting in agony over burning up. It was obvious too, as the GM described how his skin was literally cracking open from heat. But before we could react, the poor guy rushed across the room, grabbed the bucket, and emptied its foul contents over his head... and then he burned up completely!

Still wondering whether to shudder or laugh at that one, but I find it more healthy to do the latter :thumbsup:

I'm a real night owl too, my problem is I've got a daytime job! :p When I've been off a couple of weeks I usually stay up all night before going to work on Monday morning. No point in even trying to get some sleep...

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Cthulhu is great for stories.

We were doing the aforementioned exploration. Norwegian Royal Family, giant lights in the sky, the usual.

Anyway, of the three players I was the only one paying close attention when the ref said "You come into the kitchen, and in the ghostly light of your lamps is... a sandwich. I of course said "Oh., I pick it up and eat it." While my colleagues yelled "Shoot it!" before they stopped themselves.

Took my bloody hand off.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Cthulhu is great for stories.

We were doing the aforementioned exploration. Norwegian Royal Family, giant lights in the sky, the usual.

Anyway, of the three players I was the only one paying close attention when the ref said "You come into the kitchen, and in the ghostly light of your lamps is... a sandwich. I of course said "Oh., I pick it up and eat it." While my colleagues yelled "Shoot it!" before they stopped themselves.

Took my bloody hand off.

Since it's Cthulhu, I've got to ask: Your colleagues took your hand off or the sandwich? :D

Hey, in Cthulhu you never know...

Anyway, serves you right - in Cthulhu you shoot first and worry... well, you just worry! :)

I have yet to gain Alanschu influence.  I am falling behind in T.O.M.B.S.

I'm thinking I need to post my T.O.M.B.S. character sheet on my website pretty soon.  Does anyone have the T.O.M.B.S. logo that was made up a while back?

What's TOMBS ? :">

I think of all message board posting as role playing, and so some of our responses here undoubtedly qualify.

I concur.

Sleep is a lie.  I've seen Dark City.

Or The Machinist ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT