Your fondest RPG moment...

So bring it back to life instead of whining. By my standards it wasn't killed; it evolved, but not necessarily into something good (certainly not if you ask a mod). All I'm saying is that spam isn't some tool to ruin the perfect world for people like you, it's just a natural occurence.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Hypothetical: Did you know that if no fly since the dawn of life had been killed, the entire planet would have been covered with a 14-metre layer of flies? Think on that fact every time you smack one of those little things.

Spiders would have increased in number too, as well as all the other sorts of predators. Probably bigger in size as well, imagine having an 8 foot spider in your bathtub :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

So bring it back to life instead of whining. By my standards it wasn't killed; it evolved, but not necessarily into something good (certainly not if you ask a mod). All I'm saying is that spam isn't some tool to ruin the perfect world for people like you, it's just a natural occurence.

Now you're trolling.

I'm sure you're proud of yourself :huh:

You could have done that without using instigation style tactics.

And the simple fact remains that spammers kill threads so there's no point in me attempting to "breath life" back into it.

If you were truely concerned with the resurrection of this thread you wouldn't have continued spamming.

I deeply apologise, Ma'am. Let me actually set a good example and get back on topic, sharing my fondest RPG moment with you:

Me and two cousins were playing a pen-and-paper RPG (this was back in the day when I was a little teenager). Call of Cthulu I think it was called. We somehow wound up in a forest with tons of enemies all over the place. We managed to take out a few, but all of a sudden hordes of enemies came swarming in the dark, and all we could do was hide and sneak back to our car. With lots of cunning moves and luck, we got back to a clearing close to the car without a scratch, where we saw some (probably very evil) spirit coming out of a cave, hinting as to why all the enemies were in such a rush. Scared to death we just ran off to the car, which I proceeded to drive into a tree trying to get away as fast as possible, causing us both major injury... Need I say we felt stupid, having made it that far without a scratch, only to crash the car when we were already virtually safe?

Well mannered and eloquent, I like it :D

Let's see... on topic.... though as tired as I am I doubt it'll be as well written (hopefully it'll at leas be legible)

My friends convinced me to try this PnP game based on Star Wars... since I liked star wars I figured why not.

So after several games (which led to the first Death Star Battle) I decided to help out (despite the gamemasterperson telling me I wouldn't be a survivor because that's not what would happen in the movie or some such)

Anyway, out in space I see this tweaky looking TieFighter with bent wings so I figure let's shoot at it, with my torpedo things (sure I was supposed to use them on the Death Star, but I knew who's ship that was so I figured, why not :) )

Anyway :devil:

It came time to roll all these dice, and if you rolled 6s you got to roll again... I ended up rolling a 60 or so on only 6 6 sided dice :lol:

Poor Darth Vader :(

Of course the game runner person said I missed despite my uberhit because "that's what happened in the movies" <_<

Lame :huh:

But he did let my character survive... and he was really quiet afterwards for some reason.

Probably a lame gaming moment, but the look on his face after that roll always brings a smile to my face. It was like I had smashed his car or something o:);):lol:

Bad refs do occasionally generate some good stories, when the players are fun. I still remember one ref who was frustrated that we weren't leaving the intruiging ruins we had arrived in. So he kept sending these crazy poison monkeys. We got annoyed as intended, but unfortunately our reaction was 'Where are all these goddamn monkeys coming from?'

So we set out further into the ruins. After a few traps, collapsing buildings and so on, we happened across this crazy tree hung with skulls. The skulls distended to form skeletons and gradually fleshed out to form the poison monkeys. A never ending cycle was occurring as more and more of the animals popped out.

I think it was supposed to be frightening. But we took one look and said "Free monkeys!" ;):- We built a cage around the tree, with a monkey run to release monkeys into a processing area. The campaign came to a halt because we became wholesale traders in monkey-fur, monkey-jerky, and live monkeys. We also sold the poison.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Fairly often I will take random combat, and then swing it violently back on topic.

For instance, I could take the comment about 8-foot-spiders and turn it into a specific gaming anecdote about fighting such a spider.

That's his point. Instead of complaining about the thread being in danger of being closed, bring it back on topic so the thread won't be closed.

Hypothetical: Did you know that if no fly since the dawn of life had been killed, the entire planet would have been covered with a 14-metre layer of flies? Think on that fact every time you smack one of those little things.

Spiders would have increased in number too, as well as all the other sorts of predators. Probably bigger in size as well, imagine having an 8 foot spider in your bathtub :D

The size of insects is limited by the weight per volume content of Oxygen in the atmosphere. Back in the past, when the O2 content was higher, the Earth had bigger insects (millipedes that grew several feet long, dragonflies a foot long, etc). If, in the future, the O2 content again rises, then there would agin be giant insects. Until that happens, there would only be a greater quantity.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Stop bickering you two. We have to build this statue before our centipede overlords show up. Meta has spoken.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Like many good posts that go off track they gain the attention of the Mighty Green One who likes to close threads that wonder off the beaten track. We don't want that to happen.

Yet I believe even the Green Giant isn't as touchy as you are about closing this, closing that. You are a good contributor to the forum, so remain such instead of taking on the Godly Shape reserved for people like Fionavar. This thread was pretty much on topic until you came in, you know.

Settle down with the double posting, gentlemen. Small boys in the forum; cultural cliches for goalposts...

-Elwood Blues