Kotor 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest GroinOfDespair

What's the point of submitting ideas?

Creativity is deader than Doestovsky.

There are no original ideas, and the delusions that we cling to of such individuality and creativity only serve to set us up for the eventual heart-break and sanity crushing blows of harsh reality to come.

Meh.

What's the point of submitting ideas?

Creativity is deader than Doestovsky.

There are no original ideas, and the delusions that we cling to of such individuality and creativity only serve to set us up for the eventual heart-break and sanity crushing blows of harsh reality to come.

Meh.

I see that you have read through every single post in all eight threads, so that you now get to call the creativity "deader" than a Russian writer whose name you can't even spell. I herewith welcome you to the forum by dubbing you a Royal Schmuck. Congratulations! It is an honour few would achieve with only one post.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Guest GroinOfDespair

Why learn to spell dead Russian dude's names?

As the worms devour the fetid flesh that once pretended to be a man, and probably a mysogynist at that, his memory becomes warped by the cruel insitutions that exist or lost into the maddening depths of oblivion and Ryleh.

And thanks for not welcoming me to the forums. Your false civility would do nothing for me.

I love this guy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why learn to spell dead Russian dude's names?

It makes for fascinating sensations, such as that of being taken seriously.

As the worms devour the fetid flesh that once pretended to be a man, and probably a mysogynist at that, his memory becomes warped by the cruel insitutions that exist or lost into the maddening depths of oblivion and Ryleh.

You assume that Dostoevsky was a mysogynist and base your barrage of bollocks on that because you failed at spelling his name?

And thanks for not welcoming me to the forums.  Your false civility would do nothing for me.

Royal Schmuck ain't good enough for you? 'Cause I'm not stretching my offer!

Guest GroinOfDespair

The truth is hard for most to embrace when they are only used to the blow-up-doll-esque false love of corporate america and big brother.

I love the deep, dark, incestuous truth.

This thread is as pointless as our existance. At least in the mean time I can attempt to ring out the truth as a condolence.

The truth about what, my friend? That fancy speech counts for little when so thoughtlessly extracted from an irrelevant context. Call me over-curious, but I just can't help myself from investigating when someone comes in with what appears to be a sole purpose of slagging stuff off. Then as I point this out, you spew out a lament with little to no connection to the previous post at all, apparently just trying to sound cryptic. Please clarify. In the meantime I promise to ponder the point in knowing how to spell dead Russian dudes' names.

Guest GroinOfDespair

My only concern is to have a dark game where I can embrace the dark and true nature of life and death.

This thread is as pointless as our existance. 

You nihilists are the most pathetic creatures there are, always complaining, nothing seems to work for you, nothing makes sense and sh*t. I don't hate you, I actually feel sorry for the miserable bunch like you who don't have what it takes to face the music so they go pointing out fingers at the pointlessness of life and existance as an excuse for their inabiltiy to adapt to the surroundings and life in general.

Every fool can critcize, so can you.

At least in the mean time I can attempt to ring out the truth as a condolence.

I love the deep, dark, incestuous truth.

Pacius via veri cognita est. - and I'm sure as hell you're not one of them, because if one like you could then really nothing would make sense.

P.S. Welcome to the forum

Guest GroinOfDespair

Latin is a dead lanaguage in more ways than one. Real Wiccans learn Sumerian and Enochian for our rituals.

I thank you because your welcome was honest and sincere unlike the false civility of the world.

Do you like Type O Negative?

I wasn't being as silly as you make the suggestion sound; I didn't want the game set in WW2, I suggested having the protagonist turn up in the (True True) Sith Empire, and hooking up with whatever resistance there was there, so that the PC was having to keep a low profile (exactly like we didn't on Nar Shadaa ...).

Oh, you were being serious... :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

OK this is my first post on [O]bsidian ... I haven[']t read any of the post before me so some one might have mentioned this already. ...

1. Welcome.

2. Go back and read what is already written; that is the first commandment of a forum: a lex fori non scripta. This allows you to add constructively to the discussion, rather than endlessly repeating what might already be written many times over. After all, your new opinion is no more important than everyone else's previously written ones. Actum ne agas.

3 Read more. Lurk, then post.

Ok, so to my point. I want to be able to choose at the start whether my guy was:
  • a scum low life thug, or

• a bounty hunter working his way up the rankes of his peers, or

• a jedi who seeks a path of justice and goody goody nisss...stuff, or

• a dark jedi (mind you this is no sith it was once a jedi now following the dark side no sith), or

• become a Sith, a full blood sith, who one day decided "hey im going to train at the sith academy and become a dark dude!" and

• the choice could go on and on, ...

See how punctuation and tidiness makes your comments easier to read? That's why it was invented a few centuries ago.

I agree, by the way, and as I've said before, that it would be a good idea to have different "role streams".Viz., the inclusion of distinct:

• "Jedi",

• "Sith",

• "Grey" and even

• a rudimentary "Force Adept" role

for the PC to follow, depending on the initial choices made. This should have all the necessary components to pull it off. As Yoda would say (if he kew latin): aut non tentaris aut perfice.

Anyway, what I'm saying here is that you ALWAYS START OUT AS A SITH WITH A CONCUSION WHO ENDS UP TRAINING TO BE A JEDI, OR A JEDI WHO HAS YET TO CHOOSE HIS ROLE AND PATH IN THE GALAXY. ...

Vide ut supra.

Had enough of me yet?

Be careful of your rhetorical questions: you may not want the answer ... :thumbsup:

... [secondly,] there needs to be ALIEN RACES AVAILABLE, not just human [, otherwise:]

1.) you dont have certain weaknesses and strengths against the elemensts, and fellow beings

2.) other aliens treat you better because you[']re one of them not a human (a problem in KOTOR 2 at the Jekk' Jekk Tar) aliens treated you badly, but if you could choose to be one they wouldn[']t

3.) DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE[;] which KOTOR is all about ...

[H]ere is a list of some aliens that should be availble[:]

• Trandoshan,

• Aquilish,

• Tweil'ek,

• Weequya,

• Mandalorine even,

• Rodian,

• ect.

[A]nd, to conclude this Customization, ... Star Wars Galaxies ... customizing character sheet, it looks much better and it is way more of a new EXPERIENCE! ...

One point about alien races is the unsuitability for some of them for PC use. A Trandoshan would be a beast of a race, probably as powerful as a Wookie, and so also should be limited in their classes. this means either the Trandoshan can't be a Force Adept, or if it is possible, some of the innate strength of the race is sacrificed.

P.S. ... this new ship ... be able to make it yourself, and be able to join the sith, or rebek army and get there armor, o and just like morrowind if you dont mind me pointing out, when you kill someone whatever you see them wearing or using you get after you kill them. ONE WORD AND THIS WORD WILL MAKE THE GAME TEN MILLION TIMES BETTER, CUSTOMIZATION, (and forgive me for any typos[;] I bet there[']s many)

The ship only played a the part of a plot device in the first two games (in fact we spent the first half of the first game obtaining it, and most of the second game chasing after it); there was no interation with other NPCs using the ship (as in combat).

That's a large change; are you trying to add a new game dimension, like space combat in SWG:JtLS ?

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Latin is a dead lanaguage in more ways than one.  Real Wiccans learn Sumerian and Enochian for our rituals.

Latin is a foundation for many languages that are spoken across the world, as so I hardly see it as a dead language. Only ignorant people see it that way as their blinded by other things, much wisdom and truth is hidden in the latin language and latin proverbs, much more then people know or willing to admit. One of many examples that we don't learn from history and its knowledge, one of the reasons we're always trapted in a cycle of the neverending mistakes we do as individuals and as a civilization.

Sumerian and Enochian are languages to be reckon with, and as for your rituals, I don't know what religion or cult you're a member of, but don't bother responding because I don't really care.

I thank you because your welcome was honest and sincere unlike the false civility of the world.

For this, you're welcome, anytime anyplace,

I'd like to feel like I'm really in a space battle for once.

I wonder if that's somehow possible. I wonder if it's plausible to make so you can "build" the Ebon Hawk's stats up like you do your PC (ie. spend points in shielding if you want to be able to withstand a lot of damage, spend points in gunnery if you want to be able to kill a lot of enemies in space battle, spend points in sublight engines if you want to race through a battle without being caught, etc) or if it'd be too difficult to code, especially melding the combat with decent enough graphics of ships fighting it out in real time with pause.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

... And building a cohesive plot around it. So that, for example, if the ship was damaged beyond a certain point, it would have to crash land, and there were consequences. Like a party member might not survive, or the entire ship might crash into the sea and everyone wearing armour drown ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... And building a cohesive plot around it. So that, for example, if the ship was damaged beyond a certain point, it would have to crash land, and there were consequences. Like a party member might not survive, or the entire ship might crash into the sea and everyone wearing armour drown ...

Or at the very least show us a movie of the ship-repair fairy mending the ship. It would save a lot of confusion later.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)