Best RTS?

What is the best RTS you've played for PC?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best RTS you've played for PC?

• Starcraft
    • Warcraft 3
    • Command and Conquer
    • AoE
    • Age of Mythology
    • LoTR: Battle for Middle Earth
    • Other

I really don't think that it's going to far, those who don't want to look at it don't have to ( i even got spoiler tags to work on it YAY)

Recently I've been Playing WAYYYYY to much C&C (everything i can, I wish they would put out the origional C&C in a Xp format that works for sound, Same with RA)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

THIS WAS A PERFECTLY GOOD THREAD  ;)

That's a lie and you know it.

and the joke is, that as an 'RTS' all of the listed games are pretty poor, and even as a heavy RTS fan, I think I only found two of them actually fun.

Love for starcraft is somthing I will never be able to understand, ESSPEASLLY when you strip away the story format for just the game itself.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I'm with Deraldin and Alanschu. Close Combat III, the Russian Front for me. Or Dark Reign. dark reign had really superb combined forces possibilities. That is, you could try to do a given job with just one kind of unit, like tank rush. But a combined force, with good scouts and arty support could do it for a fraction of the 'price'. Throw in infantry in apcs, and snipers, and you have ...one hell of a hard game to control.

But it was still very good.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Recently I've been Playing WAYYYYY to much C&C (everything i can, I wish they would put out the origional C&C in a Xp format that works for sound, Same with RA)

I got that working on my uncle's computer with sound recently. Can't remember quite how I did it though... I think RA had a problem with the sound. You could listen to the music but it would skip horribly so I just turned it off. All the normal sound effects for the weapons and explosions worked perfectly.

I'm with Deraldin and Alanschu. Close Combat III, the Russian Front for me. Or Dark Reign. dark reign had really superb combined forces possibilities. That is, you could try to do a given job with just one kind of unit, like tank rush. But a combined force, with good scouts and arty support could do it for a fraction of the 'price'. Throw in infantry in apcs, and snipers, and you have ...one hell of a hard game to control.

But it was still very good.

YAY! Someone else who has played Dark Reign! I need to find another copy of it somewhere. I never actually owned it, but borrowed it from my uncle. :"> Will probably end up getting a copy of eBay. Hopefully I can get the expansion to, never played it.

Since I'm on a tangent, do you think in The Uber-Special-Nifty-Let's-Rerelease-Again Edition that Chewie will eventually get a medal?

I think he'll get a voice over. And Jar Jar will make a cameo. And Qui-Gon Jinn will do the blue-ghosty-advisor-thinggy with Sir Alec.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I'm so proud of myself.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

UR NOOBIE...eh I mean the point just flew past you.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

It's really scary to see a pichu (i have no idea why i know that name) spanking itself fighing with another one and a wierd masked guy...... It's just really scary. My sound is always doing the skipping thing. I really want it to work because in all it's 32 bit glory C&C is actually a good game. I was surpised to learn that Kane was actually westwoods marketing director (i think, he's some sort of corperate entity)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.