KotOR II Movie/Music Patch Coming Soon

Whine whine, wonderful whine. WHINE!!!

they're just a bunch of crybabies.

Indeed. :lol:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Whine whine, wonderful whine. WHINE!!!

they're just a bunch of crybabies. (this snippet taken out of context)

Indeed. :)

Just so you know, your sarcasm really makes Obsidian look like an arrogant, uncaring developer. The issues with the game are quite real.

If you think you are defending a friend, I'll tell you this. With friends like you, Obsidian needs no enemies...

The patch might possibly be forthcoming, eh?

No offense to anybody, but it's too late, the damage is done. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I am less likely to buy or recommend any of Obsidian's games in the future...and for a pretty dumb reason, if you think about it.

When this patch is released it's not likely to make much difference. It's not even going to affect gameplay, as I understand it. But Obsidian's communication with the gaming community, on both patches, has been (at best) ham-fisted.

Even if the fault of the matter were to lay with Lucasarts, it bespeaks an impotence on the part of Obsidian.

In my humble opinion, the best way to handle an issue like this would have been for the developers to post a locked, sticky thread (or something of the like) saying something like:

"For now, the media patch is delayed. It will be released but we have no control over when this will be. Please be patient."

Better yet, put it at the top of the home page below where it currently says "Patch released".

But instead, various devs (and I do understand the difficult position they are in) have randomly posted short notes in the midst of threads which have generally disappear within a week. This gives the impression (in my opinion) that developer is shrugging its metaphorical shoulders rather than dealing with the...er, disgruntlement...of the fans, however fickle we may be.

And we are pretty damned fickle. 90% of the posts on any gaming forum hover around/below the mental maturity level of a cranky gibbon with a pawfull of squidge. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, I would suggest that clear and direct communication from the devs--even if it's no news--would be much more effective than sporadic, passive/aggressive posting.

I would never blackball Obsidian just because they've screwed up once. Their next game will speak for itself. But I will be 5x as wary. And, if there are problems, I hope they confront any issues directly next time.

I couldn't have explained my opinion about this better Mr. Mopery :(

I wonder why Morgan didn't confirm this on the boards here... (Too afraid of the forum users?)

Anyway, my hopes for a complete KOTOR 2 lie in the Restoration Project :)

Next week? Of what calendar year might that be? :ph34r:

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

Wow, these guys found out on 5 July(!!!) what was said here in March/April...?  <_<  :wub:

I posted that news item after a quick chat with John... on the 5th of July :(.

Things could certainly change, but Obsidian has confirmed to me that the patch is more or less complete. LucasArts just has to approve it, which is why they're shooting for next week.

Administrator of GameBanshee

Coverage for many RPGs, including Star Wars: KotOR II, Neverwinter Nights 2, and Alpha Protocol

We're done with that btw... just has to go through the bureaucracy/QA and all that fun stuff...

Above is a quote from Mr. Morgan from another thread. Sounds like he just told you what he told us many, many weeks ago.

I hope it turns out true - Ive been looking forward to this patch for quite a while, however, I won't be getting my hopes up as long as the patch continues to remain in Lucas Arts' hands :wub:

Things could certainly change, but Obsidian has confirmed to me that the patch is more or less complete.  LucasArts just has to approve it, which is why they're shooting for next week.

Some things don't add up here?

1. More or Less Complete??? WTF? It was supposed to be part of 1.0B and was completed at the same time. It just had to be seperated for the size. How can it be (more than 2 months later) suddenly be More or Less complete?

2. LucasArts should STILL aprove it? 2 Months after completion? Talk about Slow Bureacacy (spelled wrong)...

3. Obsidian "shot" in a day of 2 2 monts ago, I really don't wan't to know what there "Next Week" will be...

For E-Motion:

Look at the above post. This is what I mean. Crybabies.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

For E-Motion:

Look at the above post. This is what I mean. Crybabies.

SORRY,

I will re-write it for you, K?

See:

Ah, finnally some more news from our Beloved Obsidian. Even though the previous 2 times they failed to keep at said times, I have the strong convincion (by Musopticon?) that they will tell the Truth this time..., but some things to note

1. It is good to know it is almost complete, they told us that it was part of 1.0B and got seperated, but obviously there was a LOT more going on and we were happy they redone the whole thing

2. I am glad LA will approve something (for once)

3. Even though previous Time-Scales of OE were lies, they bettered there live (same convincer) and will gives us on time! I am convinced of this...

Better?

Agreed with E-Motion: With Friends like you OE needs no enemies...

:(

Keep at it. I'm sure you two go far with getting someone to answer.

kirottu said:

:blink:

Keep at it. I'm sure you two go far with getting someone to answer.

Musopticon

I spoke too harshly. I'm sorry. There are, of course, times when things are very frustrating. Times when nothing seems to help. I too resort to sarcasm (and have here in this forum) but its not the best solution. In the complex, real world, things are rarely simple. It doesn't necessarily boil down to who's right and who's wrong.

Companies spend a great deal of money on public relations because it IS important to communicate. Even if a company can't fix every problem, it's important to communicate that they do try and they do care about the customer. If a company just throws up their hands and says "f*** all of you", its a sure path to disaster. I don't think OE has done that and just wanted to warn you (too strongly, I fear) that IMO you might, unintentionally, be giving ppl a wrong impression

Probably should have kept my mouth shut.

Guest MacleodCorp

'Gamebanshee Network' is apart of 'UGO', and they get their information from other sites. Therefore, this information is unreliable. I would wait until the source says soomething or a moderator. From my experience with 'UGO'. they have been very unreliable. Unless a moderator, admin, or the source Lucasarts or Obsidian says something, I would not go by a third party source!

They are also part of the group, which FilePlanet is apart of, and they steal mods from their original source, and then distribute them.

Within the botom left corner of the site, there is a section where a person can send in news. Therefore, they upload news that most likely is false.

Wait until Lucas Arts or Obsidian Ent. says something. I would think they would post a statement on their own sites first. Allways check your sources.

Err, any confirmation from Crazy Joe???

No.

Obsidian think the best approach to information management is that when you have nothing to say, say nothing. I don't think this is exactly orthodox in the public relations world, but there you go.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Obsidian think the best approach to information management is that when you have nothing to say, say nothing.  I don't think this is exactly orthodox in the public relations world, but there you go.

Well, it is atleast better than promising things you can't deliver in said time.

If they thought of that after the release of 1.0B this whole "Where's the Movies/Music patch" discussion, ruining their Reputation, wouldn't be here...

Guest MacleodCorp
Hmmm, I never really trusted them  <_<

But does this mean the last official statement (with the exception of gamebanshee) of a Movie/Music patch is already 2 months old, or is there a more recent one?

The last official statement, which was placed here at Obsidian Ent. was 2 months ago. I wouldn't let this get the best of you. Since you waited this long, getting upset would just cause self inflicted pain. Just relax, understand there is a problem, and that at some point it may get fixed. If we, the gammer, can't control it then we have no option except patience. Plus, G-Phoria is coming soon. If they want people to vote for them, then they will do something to fix the problem. The only thing we can do is have patience...